UKBouldering.com

YYFY!!! (Read 2102759 times)

masonwoods101

• forum abuser
#6225 Re: YYFY!!!
July 03, 2016, 01:44:41 pm
Climbed infinite suspense this morning for my first straight up 7c+ boulder after a month of being stuck on my garage woody! Well chuffed!!

a dense loner

• forum hero
#6226 Re: YYFY!!!
July 03, 2016, 02:50:22 pm
You're never stuck on your garage woodie ;) nice one :weakbench:

masonwoods101

• forum abuser
#6227 Re: YYFY!!!
July 03, 2016, 05:13:00 pm
Think i should be stuck on it more... No wait... Scrap that

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
  • "There's no cure for being a c#nt"
#6228 Re: YYFY!!!
July 03, 2016, 11:17:39 pm
on the face of it, this weekend was going to be a bit meh....

taking kids to several parties, dance rehearsals and sitting through a dance show

rain forecast on Saturday

40th birthday party for a friend of Mrs Starfish - mostly made up of Brexiteering Mosboroughites, which usually means that I end up drinking a lot as a coping strategy

anyway....

the little lad went with someone else's parent to his party on Saturday, which freed up some time for me - similarly, Mrs Starfish managed a run while middle child was at a party (and if Mrs Starfish is happy, then I am happy). I used the time to work on the van (Grumpycrumpy's old van) and fixed the back door handle and opening mechanism as well as the lock and the central locking switch. I also fitted the rear seat/bed with the willing help of the lad after he got back; so the van now has sleeping capacity. no money was spent - just used shit from my shit collection. proper BA Baracus moments.

the 40th party went well - good snacks included homemade cheese straws and sausage rolls - I drank a lot of Stella and danced with a lot of interesting women (including Mrs Starfish). No Brexit supporting Mosborough men were on the dance floor.

massive hangover this morning- Mrs Starfish had to drive us back from Halfway in the morning

my Dad's Taxi shift finished unexpectedly early today and Mrs Starfish pointed out that I had time to go climbing. I had not expected to have this opportunity, which contributed to my unconstrained alcohol consumption last night. My Bad Ankle was very bad due to dancing a lot, but I headed out to do some Easy Mileage. Burb N parking was rammed, so I headed to the plantation (got my Stand up fo' Stanage sticker, so might as well use it, eh?). threw up on the way up the hill, seemed to be moving OK on the rock, knocked off a few 6s and even a couple of 7s, felt Good, stopped at the parking for Apparent North and walked over to Higgar East - threw up again - climbed OK. knocked off a few things in reasonable style at burb W and N before getting home... in the van that I had been fixing up the day before

even the dance show (even the bits without middle child) was pretty good

now looking forward to tomorrow night - teachers are on strike Tuesday and I'm not at work that day, so I can take the kids to sleep out on the newly fitted bed in the van

PSYCHED!   :bounce:

*edit* drinking to excess is not big or clever

tomtom

• forum hero
#6229 Re: YYFY!!!
July 04, 2016, 07:51:09 am
Great tale Lagers :)

A true hustlers performance - drag your hungover carcass out of bed and perform like a hero.

petejh

• forum hero
#6230 Re: YYFY!!!
July 04, 2016, 09:34:37 am
Nice Lagers

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
#6231 Re: YYFY!!!
July 05, 2016, 12:41:16 pm
they'd need a bigger SWAT team to take me down

#bulletproofblubber

anyway - camping out in the van was ace - the kids loved it - then we went fishing this morning at Barlow as soon as they woke up - everyone caught lots

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1
#6232 Re: YYFY!!!
July 05, 2016, 04:28:33 pm
Just done a new trad route at High Tor  :dance1:

Now in brambles belaying Bonjoy

Wood FT

• forum hero
#6233 Re: YYFY!!!
July 05, 2016, 04:58:04 pm

nice one, where's it go?

tomtom

• forum hero
#6234 Re: YYFY!!!
July 05, 2016, 05:58:06 pm

nice one, where's it go?

Is this going to be another onnishambles like the eatswood 'new' problems? ;)

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1
#6235 Re: YYFY!!!
July 05, 2016, 07:55:36 pm

nice one, where's it go?

Starts as for Happy Hour / Johnny Brown then heads diagonally to the overhang in Original Route to belay then the second pitch swings around the arete to the Tales thread then traverses horizontally right to finish past the last bolt on Bastille.

I had the idea BITD and in the mid 80's dragged Seb out in the middle of winter. I remember there was snow on the ground and I rubbed my hands in it to get hot aches to warm up!. We started from the Lyme Cryme belay and I led a first pitch from there at about E2/3 but thought it was a bit scrappy and so scotched doing the second pitch. It occurred to me more recently that starting up HH/JB would make it a better and more balanced route.

Luke Owens

• forum hero
    • My Blog
#6236 Re: YYFY!!!
July 08, 2016, 01:07:36 am
Did my first 7c at the Bren the other eve! Psyched!

Duma

• forum hero
#6237 Re: YYFY!!!
July 08, 2016, 04:19:09 am
Nice one!

Some quality release of tension at the chains there!
« Last Edit: July 08, 2016, 04:47:22 am by Duma »

Luke Owens

• forum hero
    • My Blog
#6238 Re: YYFY!!!
July 08, 2016, 02:10:15 pm
Nice one!

Some quality release of tension at the chains there!

Cheers guys!

Haha, I've been trying it on and off for 3 years and it started to be a bit of a mental battle, lots of adrenaline contributed to the outburst!

Sasquatch

• forum hero
  • www.akclimber.com
    • AkClimber
#6239 Re: YYFY!!!
July 19, 2016, 05:55:41 pm
I've got my mojo back for climbing.   ;D ;D ;D ;D

I went for a hike yesterday with a couple of friends, not really thinking or looking at climbing to an area we had looked at many many years ago and found the single best untouched boulder I've ever seen.  Bullet granite, great features, 12-15 lines, mostly decent landings, aesthetic location, etc...  Looks like a good variety of difficulties, and moderate height to fairly highball...

Can't wait to get back out there to start cleaning and sending.  I'll post up some pics after we get some cleaning done....

Monolith

• forum hero
  • Straight outta Cronton.
#6240 Re: YYFY!!!
July 20, 2016, 10:12:51 am
Absolutely elated that my RIBA grant application to pursue Scotch Whisky distillery architecture was accepted. Offered the full 2k which I'm psyched about! The plan is to have a few industry cohorts fund an exhibition of the output if possible.

https://www.architecture.com/RIBA/Becomeanarchitect/Fundingyoureducation/Researchfunding/GordonRickettsMemorialFund.aspx

Fultonius

• forum hero
  • Was strong but crap, now weaker but better.
    • Photos
#6241 Re: YYFY!!!
July 20, 2016, 10:34:26 am
Nice one. This place needs some good news!

Johnny Brown

• forum hero
#6242 Re: YYFY!!!
July 20, 2016, 10:42:59 am
Absolutely elated that my RIBA grant application to pursue Scotch Whisky distillery architecture was accepted. Offered the full 2k which I'm psyched about! The plan is to have a few industry cohorts fund an exhibition of the output if possible.

https://www.architecture.com/RIBA/Becomeanarchitect/Fundingyoureducation/Researchfunding/GordonRickettsMemorialFund.aspx

Nice one Lid! Need any photography?

Monolith

• forum hero
  • Straight outta Cronton.
#6243 Re: YYFY!!!
July 20, 2016, 10:54:12 am

Nice one Lid! Need any photography?

Cheers guys. Adam, I've actually budgeted for a DSLR but since I have about 8% knowledge of how to use a camera to any good effect, you might like to come along for the ride eh? It'll be staged over several trips and I'll start to get a schedule and plan together soon now that I've been able to publicly announce the award.

Especially pleased since my back is trashed and it'll offer a nice distraction from not being able to climb.

andy popp

• forum hero
#6244 Re: YYFY!!!
July 20, 2016, 11:10:03 am
Nice one Tom!

Nibile

• forum hero
  • Part Animal Part Machine
    • TOTOLORE
#6245 Re: YYFY!!!
July 20, 2016, 11:26:07 am
Great news brother. Very proud of you.

a dense loner

• forum hero
#6246 Re: YYFY!!!
July 20, 2016, 07:11:19 pm
Couldn't find anywhere to put this in diet, training, injuries but was doing one arm hangs in the garage before with a butterfly flying around me. Very surreal ;D

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
#6247 Re: YYFY!!!
July 20, 2016, 07:58:21 pm
a message from Muhammad Ali?

you are special

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
#6248 Re: YYFY!!!
July 20, 2016, 10:27:36 pm

Nice work Tom - congratulations!

Oldmanmatt

• forum hero
  • At this rate, I probably won’t last the week.
  • Largely broken. Obsolete spares and scrap only.
    • The Boulder Bunker climbing centre
#6249 Re: YYFY!!!
July 23, 2016, 05:28:23 pm
After two years without even a sniff of a road trip, we're now sat in the Dordogne for the next six days (in a gite, with pool), after a couple days in Font and a week on an island in the Vendee (Noirmoutier) to follow.
Already spent the entire budget, but bank agreed to extend overdraft too!
Happy days!

All posts either sarcastic, tongue-in-cheek or mildly mocking-in-a-friendly-way unless otherwise stated. Looking at you, here, Dense.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal