UKBouldering.com

YYFY!!! (Read 2102901 times)

Mike Tyson

• forum hero
#5600 Re: YYFY!!!
September 11, 2015, 12:50:49 pm
Doing a job you like is probably one of the best YYFY you can get.

Couldn't agree more, I went from a job that made me miserable and ill, but paid well, to a job that makes me bounce out of bed in the morning, but lesser pay means I lead a more frugle existence. Work life balance, very hard to find.

I wouldn't know :(

Chin up! Consolation wad point matey  :hug:

Oldmanmatt

• forum hero
  • At this rate, I probably won’t last the week.
  • Largely broken. Obsolete spares and scrap only.
    • The Boulder Bunker climbing centre
#5601 Re: YYFY!!!
September 11, 2015, 02:59:18 pm

Doing a job you like is probably one of the best YYFY you can get.

Couldn't agree more, I went from a job that made me miserable and ill, but paid well, to a job that makes me bounce out of bed in the morning, but lesser pay means I lead a more frugle existence. Work life balance, very hard to find.

I wouldn't know :(

Chin up! Consolation wad point matey  :hug:

+1

The frugal bit can be damn stressful too, mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

spid3rz

• regular
#5602 Re: YYFY!!!
September 12, 2015, 12:13:52 pm
fairly small YYFS, but on Thursday evening I managed to get Timmy Tip Toes at Shaftoe! Got to the crag at 730pm as the sun was setting and managed a dark top out of the climb with bats flying around me. Had a bit of a moment at the top when I couldn't find the holds...

andy popp

• forum hero
#5603 Re: YYFY!!!
September 12, 2015, 01:02:10 pm
Nice. Sounds very atmospheric.

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut
#5604 Re: YYFY!!!
September 12, 2015, 01:58:26 pm
Sounds good! Cool looking problem that.

spid3rz

• regular
#5605 Re: YYFY!!!
September 12, 2015, 07:48:41 pm
Sounds good! Cool looking problem that.

Its a great problem, I found it quite tough (typical Northumberland sandbag). Walking out of Shaftoe in the Dark with no torch is scary though HAHA!!

Sasquatch

• forum hero
  • www.akclimber.com
    • AkClimber
#5606 Re: YYFY!!!
September 14, 2015, 03:58:33 am
I've been working dual jobs trying to start my own business for about 18 months now, and I'm finally going to be quitting the day job and going full time into self-employment as of Oct 1.  So excited to get contracts signed and in place to make year 1 a go. 

A Muerta!!

Muenchener

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
#5607 Re: YYFY!!!
September 14, 2015, 06:42:54 am
Allez! Big news.

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#5608 Re: YYFY!!!
September 14, 2015, 09:13:09 am

I went from a job that made me miserable and ill, but paid well, to a job that makes me bounce out of bed in the morning, but lesser pay means I lead a more frugle existence. Work life balance, very hard to find.

Given the way the industry is going up here, I may well be doing similar sometime soon.

Fultonius

• forum hero
  • Was strong but crap, now weaker but better.
    • Photos
#5609 Re: YYFY!!!
September 14, 2015, 10:42:31 am

I went from a job that made me miserable and ill, but paid well, to a job that makes me bounce out of bed in the morning, but lesser pay means I lead a more frugle existence. Work life balance, very hard to find.

Given the way the industry is going up here, I may well be doing similar sometime soon.

I take it morale is still pretty low up the NE?

SA Chris

• forum hero
#5610 Re: YYFY!!!
September 14, 2015, 11:52:16 am
Aye, not great. Loads of people getting made redundant / told jobs at risk.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-business-34193720

Fultonius

• forum hero
    • Photos
#5611 Re: YYFY!!!
September 14, 2015, 12:44:52 pm
Aye, not great. Loads of people getting made redundant / told jobs at risk.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-business-34193720

Not good. Easy to now say it was an overinflated job market now, but that doesn't help much. What's your plan?

SA Chris

• forum hero
#5612 Re: YYFY!!!
September 14, 2015, 01:47:59 pm
Sit tight and keep my head down! :)

sherlock

• obsessive maniac
#5613 Re: YYFY!!!
September 14, 2015, 02:10:13 pm
Feel a bit shitty posting this given some folks current uncertainty re. employment but here goes.....
After a difficult 18 months with health problems where I've had to give up driving and so lost a large part of my independence, I've just received a huge and unexpected legacy from a reclusive aunt. So much in fact that the mortgage will be paid off and both Mrs.S and myself can pretty much retire early.
Sorry if this sounds like gloating. I'd swap it all for the return of my eyesight.

Nibile

• forum hero
  • Part Animal Part Machine
    • TOTOLORE
#5614 Re: YYFY!!!
September 14, 2015, 02:16:18 pm
Feel a bit shitty posting this given some folks current uncertainty re. employment but here goes.....
After a difficult 18 months with health problems where I've had to give up driving and so lost a large part of my independence, I've just received a huge and unexpected legacy from a reclusive aunt. So much in fact that the mortgage will be paid off and both Mrs.S and myself can pretty much retire early.
Sorry if this sounds like gloating. I'd swap it all for the return of my eyesight.
Those are great news and you shouldn't be concerned about being very happy about them! What you're happy for doesn't detract anything from anyone, so enjoy the moment!
Your last sentence says it all, then. Best wishes.

sherlock

• obsessive maniac
#5615 Re: YYFY!!!
September 14, 2015, 02:41:38 pm
Thanks, Nibs.

Fultonius

• forum hero
    • Photos
#5616 Re: YYFY!!!
September 14, 2015, 02:51:05 pm

I doubt anyone would take that as gloating. Financial security must be a huge relief. Hope everything else pans out too.

SA Chris

• forum hero
#5617 Re: YYFY!!!
September 14, 2015, 03:11:45 pm
After a difficult 18 months with health problems.......... I'd swap it all for the return of my eyesight.

Mate putting up with what you have makes my woes mild by comparison. Stoked for you.

sherlock

• obsessive maniac
#5618 Re: YYFY!!!
September 14, 2015, 03:16:53 pm
All things are relative,Chris.i'm fortunate to live in a safe country and feel very lucky generally.

Sasquatch

• forum hero
  • www.akclimber.com
    • AkClimber
#5619 Re: YYFY!!!
September 14, 2015, 06:52:58 pm
Those are great news and you shouldn't be concerned about being very happy about them! What you're happy for doesn't detract anything from anyone, so enjoy the moment!
Your last sentence says it all, then. Best wishes.
Indeed, that is the whole point of this thread!!  Not gloating, but sharing in positive experiences.  I'm excited for everyone to experience the positives and for others to see those ups and enjoy celebrating with others.   

tomtom

• forum hero
#5620 Re: YYFY!!!
September 14, 2015, 11:46:04 pm
I've been working dual jobs trying to start my own business for about 18 months now, and I'm finally going to be quitting the day job and going full time into self-employment as of Oct 1.  So excited to get contracts signed and in place to make year 1 a go. 

A Muerta!!

Superb!

andy popp

• forum hero
#5621 Re: YYFY!!!
September 15, 2015, 07:06:59 am
Good work, and good luck Sas!

SA Chris

• forum hero
#5622 Re: YYFY!!!
September 15, 2015, 03:00:26 pm
Indeed, that is the whole point of this thread!!  Not gloating, but sharing in positive experiences.  I'm excited for everyone to experience the positives and for others to see those ups and enjoy celebrating with others.

Sorry for my negativity. Situation is probably not as bad as I'm making out.

andyd

• forum hero
    • https://vimeo.com/user14959179
#5623 Re: YYFY!!!
September 15, 2015, 04:48:07 pm

Sounds like life decided to smile on you after giving you a rough time. Dead pleased for you. It's nice to see the humility in you but it's unnecessary as the other guys have said. Good for you. Best wishes

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
  • "There's no cure for being a c#nt"
#5624 Re: YYFY!!!
September 17, 2015, 11:39:19 pm
in the middle of all this trouble with immigrants coming up north, stealing our routes and putting bolts in afterwards - there is some good news

I scored a lava lamp from the RSPCA charity shop today for £4 - and it works just fine

re

fucking

zult

:2thumbsup:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal