UKBouldering.com

YYFY!!! (Read 2103029 times)

cheque

• forum hero
    • Cheque Pictures
#3125 Re: YYFY!!!
June 02, 2012, 10:59:59 pm
if its the 6C+ from the same start as lucian's then that it is a great problem, nice one

Cheers! Yep, problem 14 in the current Vertebrate guide. The other one was the wall traverse, ie. hands below the middle break.

If you're sending 6c+ on the lime only a matter of time before you do a 7a on grit word.

6C on grit would be nice! I find it much harder than lime for some reason.  :-\

a dense loner

• forum hero
#3126 Re: YYFY!!!
June 02, 2012, 11:02:03 pm
Cheque-that's why dyno grades don't mean anything. Quents isn't 7b it's just a big jump, same with kriton dyno, young Americans et al

mark s

• junky
#3127 Re: YYFY!!!
June 04, 2012, 09:12:29 am
Cheque-that's why dyno grades don't mean anything. Quents isn't 7b it's just a big jump, same with kriton dyno, young Americans et al

the dense one speaks the truth,im shite house on lime and i think i did all the stoney dynos in a day.went home feeling a hero until i actually thought about it and they pretty much just  good hold to good  hold.some dynos though do require a bit of technique.cant think of one now

scooby doo

• regular
#3128 Re: YYFY!!!
June 04, 2012, 04:43:16 pm
Sousis D'air at Saint Germain in font? Some technique required! Where is 'kriton' dyno?

a dense loner

• forum hero
#3129 Re: YYFY!!!
June 04, 2012, 07:35:19 pm
It's a dyslexic kirton dyno. iPad annoying auto correct

Tommy

• junky
#3130 Re: YYFY!!!
June 04, 2012, 09:01:26 pm
Strong fiend.

Trying to figure out the forces on that rock causing the crack to form, will if be an offwidth in a thousand or so years?

Yes Fiend, yes. You've made my day putting that video up. I've always wondered what it looked like. I never ever click on the "boulder" section on UKB, but something just told me I had to do it today. Weird.

Get a car jack on it and some dynamite.

peewee

• obsessive maniac
  • Wilko Baggins
  • If in doubt, Lock it out (Dynamically)
#3131 Re: YYFY!!!
June 05, 2012, 12:27:26 am
Scraped my way up Tourniquet at Little Font, Kentmere today. I know it's had recent hold breakage but still YYFY!!! Amazing problem, best I've climbed.  :2thumbsup: :2thumbsup:

Andy F

• forum hero
  • Ex-ex-climber
#3132 Re: YYFY!!!
June 05, 2012, 08:44:15 am
I'd hardly say scraped. More like 'ambled making it look path like'  :2thumbsup:

Adam Lincoln

• forum hero
    • Flickr Page, Vimeo Videos and Blog
#3133 Re: YYFY!!!
June 05, 2012, 06:19:26 pm
Scraped my way up Tourniquet at Little Font, Kentmere today. I know it's had recent hold breakage but still YYFY!!! Amazing problem, best I've climbed.  :2thumbsup: :2thumbsup:

Nice one. What is the thoughts on this gradewise now? 7c+?

peewee

• obsessive maniac
  • Wilko Baggins
  • If in doubt, Lock it out (Dynamically)
#3134 Re: YYFY!!!
June 05, 2012, 06:24:04 pm

Nice one. What is the thoughts on this gradewise now? 7c+?

Not sure, it's definitely the hardest problem I've done, Greg says 7C+, I'd say hard 7C+ maybe soft 8A, can't really comment as I haven't done many at that grade.

cheque

• forum hero
    • Cheque Pictures
#3135 Re: YYFY!!!
June 05, 2012, 09:35:38 pm
Led my first 7a today- Consenting Adults at Malham.

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut
#3136 Re: YYFY!!!
June 06, 2012, 10:51:09 am
This weekend...

Monkey Man @ Sheigra....after 3 days worrying about how I'd get it done with regards fitness, warming up, rock conditions etc etc (yay isn't it awesome being a permanently syked and permanently scared trad climber lolz). Hardest trad route this year, not a very big number....but it is overall harder than Unleash The Beast @ Ardmair and Big Country Dreams @ Cambusbarron, for example... Spent so long in the undercling jam rest my hands are pretty mangled but satisfying war wounds   :strongbench:

11 stone 12 pounds this morning. Maybe due to fingernail and skin loss! Need to keep training now it's raining... :chair:

Mike Tyson

• forum hero
#3137 Re: YYFY!!!
June 06, 2012, 07:55:52 pm
Today has been a monumental day for me! (Indirectly, but still great!)

My mrs has got a job up here in Cumbria (In a weird twist of fate, the one I left to start my own business a few months back) and we have also just secured a house together in Threlkeld, just outside Keswick! How's that for life changing!! YYFY!

JamieG

• forum hero
#3138 Re: YYFY!!!
June 08, 2012, 12:59:39 pm
Spotted a total B-list celeb last night. Anne Hegerty aka 'The Governess' from the quiz show 'The Chase' was having a quiet drink in Hardy's Well in Manchester last night. Haha, amazing.

robertostallioni

• forum hero
#3139 Re: YYFY!!!
June 08, 2012, 02:48:12 pm
You need to stay in more.

tomtom

• forum hero
#3140 Re: YYFY!!!
June 08, 2012, 03:13:13 pm
Spotted a total B-list celeb last night. Anne Hegerty aka 'The Governess' from the quiz show 'The Chase' was having a quiet drink in Hardy's Well in Manchester last night. Haha, amazing.

Fair enough spotting a B/C list celeb... but why is that a YYFY??? ;)
Did you jump up from your seat and point? Run over and fawn, with jaw on floor, all over her?

Maybe Stallioni has a point ;)

pyrosis

• addict
#3141 Re: YYFY!!!
June 10, 2012, 09:19:51 am
First 7C+ today, though I think my height made the reachy crux more 7B/+ ish. Still,  ;D

JamieG

• forum hero
#3142 Re: YYFY!!!
June 11, 2012, 11:38:07 am

Did you jump up from your seat and point? Run over and fawn, with jaw on floor, all over her?

No I just sat there. It was a small highlight of my week. Not sure why I found it so funny in hindsight. Maybe it should have been a NNFN. "My life has descended into spotting sub-par daytime tv celebs in my local boozer. Maybe i should stay in more. ;-)

tomtom

• forum hero
#3143 Re: YYFY!!!
June 11, 2012, 02:09:06 pm

No I just sat there. It was a small highlight of my week. Not sure why I found it so funny in hindsight. Maybe it should have been a NNFN. "My life has descended into spotting sub-par daytime tv celebs in my local boozer. Maybe i should stay in more. ;-)

Forgive my cheekines earlier ;) My Pub celeb 'meetings'/stalkings :) (in no particular order)

Saying hello (along with about 10 other people) to Anna Friel in the Skyrack,
A chunk of the Emmerdale cast used to regularly drink in our local boozer when I lived in Horsforth,
Bumping into Paul Ince and Ryan Giggs in the Hacienda,
Watching Stan Collymore fend off women in a pub in Wolves (he had about 5 come up to him with phone numbers whilst we were stood next to him for 30 min)..
Hilarious blanking/ignroring of Bruno Brookes (who was fishing for Celeb being noticedness) in All Bar one Leeds,

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Whut
#3144 Re: YYFY!!!
June 11, 2012, 02:27:57 pm
4th weekend a row in North West Scotland. This time I headed up to Reiff...

Headstrong - after a huge tantrum resting on Sonique (god I really do suck at this super-steep trad bollox), Headstrong went totally smoothly, and despite being a grade over had some great climbing, the moves to, onto, and above the rest ledge being some of the best I've done recently.

Headlong - the next day I was just aiming for a mileage day around Golden Walls (lovely) and Leaning Block, but had seen that the Aberdeen old skool gnarlers had done this the other weekend and....well it was chalked up, the tide was out, I was warmed up, I had to try it. Again it went pretty fine after the "kick in the bawbag" starting moves, really nice to do the easiest line up a big sheer face.

Feeling a bit less like a total fucking bumbly now :strongbench:

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#3145 Re: YYFY!!!
June 11, 2012, 03:30:36 pm
A chunk of the Emmerdale cast used to regularly drink in our local boozer when I lived in Horsforth,
Watching Stan Collymore fend off women in a pub in Wolves (he had about 5 come up to him with phone numbers whilst we were stood next to him for 30 min)..
Hilarious blanking/ignroring of Bruno Brookes (who was fishing for Celeb being noticedness) in All Bar one Leeds,

Let's not start this......

(unless you have been waterskiing with 3/4 of Boney M you haven't lived)

tomtom

• forum hero
#3146 Re: YYFY!!!
June 11, 2012, 03:35:02 pm

Let's not start this......

(unless you have been waterskiing with 3/4 of Boney M you haven't lived)

The top 3/4 or bottom 3/4?... OK. Bad TT. I'll stop now ;) Sorry Fiend - good effort Sir.

subseasniper

#3147 Re: YYFY!!!
June 12, 2012, 08:53:31 am
After a month of effort and 50+ attempts I finally completed my first serious boulder problem.

No idea what grade it is, no other bugger boulders up here so all the problems I climb are found, cleaned and figured out by little old me.

Anyway, it's called Lonely Soul and I am pretty proud of it, took a lot of effort and commitment and now I am well and truly bitten by the bouldering bug.

Get in.  :2thumbsup:

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Whut
#3148 Re: YYFY!!!
June 12, 2012, 09:06:29 am
Wick's finest bloc?

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#3149 Re: YYFY!!!
June 12, 2012, 09:09:48 am
I'd like to see some pics etc. Keep threatening to head up your way for some surfing, and nice to know what there is about.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal