UKBouldering.com

YYFY!!! (Read 2102824 times)

Nibile

• forum hero
  • Part Animal Part Machine
    • TOTOLORE
#875 Re: YYFY!!!
July 12, 2009, 05:34:44 pm
just got back from lagoni area, where i devastated an old time nemesis (yes, the one i blogged about). i found out i was using the dumbest sequence ever imagined by a human being. uberwad matteo bresciani told me how to do it and i did it second fucking go.
very very pleased, another "done" that goes into the ticklist.

Houdini

• forum hero
  • Heil Mary
#876 Re: YYFY!!!
July 12, 2009, 05:52:36 pm
super YYFY: today a girl in the class guessed my age was 26!!!

Pfft!

I got ID'd for booze earlier this Summer in a supermarket.  I'm 37 in 8 weeks  8)

I lost my wedding ring

neil h

• forum hero
  • You think i'm fat
    • sibl
#877 Re: YYFY!!!
July 12, 2009, 06:58:01 pm
I got ID'd for booze earlier this Summer in a supermarket.  I'm 37 in 8 weeks  8)

yes but you look about 12  ;)

moose

• forum hero
  • Lankenstein's Monster
  • el flaco lento
#878 Re: YYFY!!!
July 14, 2009, 05:52:17 pm
Probably my last YYFY before joining the ranks of the gainfully employed.  Just back from Brimham where by some miracle I managed to do Ian's Traverse (the lip shuffle into Happy Days).

Many thanks to UTG for the kind provision of video beta.  Yet again it was very helpful: you expect me to pull on that hold with my left hand!?  Truly, never in the field of human endeavor has so bad a hold, been pulled-on so hard, by a man with so little talent!

andy_e

• forum hero
#879 Re: YYFY!!!
July 15, 2009, 12:10:06 am
Congratulations, the moose-crush-fest continues!

Adam Lincoln

• forum hero
    • Flickr Page, Vimeo Videos and Blog
#880 Re: YYFY!!!
July 15, 2009, 08:44:43 pm
Celebrated my finger being well on with mending with an ascent of caviar, yyfy!

Sloper

• forum hero
  • fat and weak but with good footwork.
#881 Re: YYFY!!!
July 15, 2009, 08:48:27 pm
It must have been bad if you couldn't open the can.

Doylo

• forum hero
#882 Re: YYFY!!!
July 15, 2009, 09:30:39 pm
Bagged the hardest thing i ve ever done on friday,new link up on pill box,certainly a YYFY!

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#883 Re: YYFY!!!
July 16, 2009, 08:17:05 am
You can't beat a good bagging.

Nice one.

benpritch

• forum abuser
#884 Re: YYFY!!!
July 17, 2009, 12:28:28 pm
got my hands on a brand spanking new pair of V10s. YYFY!!!!

psychomansam

• forum hero
#885 Re: YYFY!!!
July 17, 2009, 03:32:38 pm
YYFY!

Monday night, about half an hour of pain eventually convinced my body it was getting up a sloper problem i'd been failing on for a few weeks...

It was no.19 purple/pink spotty at the works - wanted to go hurt myself on conan the librarian but it was raining! Was bouncing in the pub later... and have been aching since!

Bring on Font!!
 :o

Nibile

• forum hero
  • Part Animal Part Machine
    • TOTOLORE
#886 Re: YYFY!!!
July 17, 2009, 03:55:10 pm
MY SIGNED COPY OF JERRY'S BOOK JUST ARRIVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

psychomansam

• forum hero
#887 Re: YYFY!!!
July 17, 2009, 05:29:16 pm
went to a talk by jerry on his book, was really good, better than i expected, sound bloke! Haven't read it yet, will hav to get hold of a copy soon!
 :goodidea:

Monolith

• forum hero
  • Straight outta Cronton.
#888 Re: YYFY!!!
July 17, 2009, 06:30:20 pm
got my hands on a brand spanking new pair of V10s. YYFY!!!!

Any others in store Ben? Need to sort something out soon. This is getting scary. Will have to give up climbing if I don't find a pair.

Houdini

• forum hero
  • Heil Mary
#889 Re: YYFY!!!
July 17, 2009, 09:06:23 pm
I've a fresh pair of UK 6's in the cupboard, Mono.  50 quid postage included.  Ha!

moose

• forum hero
  • Lankenstein's Monster
  • el flaco lento
#890 Re: YYFY!!!
July 19, 2009, 08:24:01 pm
A final YYFY before quitting the life of the gainfully unemployed to start my new job, and I think I saved the best till last: today I bagged The Keel.

YYFY!!! Well chuffed, especially given that it was alternately pissing-down / sunny all day.  The top-out was frankly harrowing as all the holds above the pocket were still soaking from the previous downpour; a lifetime of agnosticism resolved by an urgent entreaty to the supreme being* to get my foot in the pocket!

All in all a good way to end my months as a "Government Sponsored Professional Climber".  I suspect it's all downhill from here.

* Andy Swann?!

tomtom

• forum hero
#891 Re: YYFY!!!
July 19, 2009, 10:02:43 pm
A final YYFY before quitting the life of the gainfully unemployed to start my new job, and I think I saved the best till last: today I bagged The Keel.

Good effort Moose.. I was heading to the cliff, got as far as Leeds airport, saw the raindrops and wet road and turned back.. Grr...

robertostallioni

• forum hero
#892 Re: YYFY!!!
July 19, 2009, 10:07:33 pm

Good effort Moose.. I was heading to the cliff, got as far as Leeds airport, saw the raindrops and wet road and I'm now drinking in Malaga drinking 'dulce'. Hola.

Fultonius

• forum hero
  • Was strong but crap, now weaker but better.
    • Photos
#893 Re: YYFY!!!
July 20, 2009, 09:03:49 am
Woop woop, YYFY!  :thumbsup:

Not been doing a lot of bouldering this year, mainly on the trad-chuffing, but finally managed to nail my most drawn-out project to date...and it felt pretty easy. Weird!

I wasn't even planning on climbing, it had been showery in Glasgow all morning and I was meant to be going sailing for the weekend, but I got a text saying "up for Dumby"?

Hell Yeah!

Went down about 3 on my own as no one else seems to finish work till about 5:30, what's that all about  ;) Had a wee play on a few things and then thought I'd have a few goes on Mestizo Traverse 7B (not hard in the grand scheme, but it would only be my 3rd one at that grade).

After working out a bit of beta the short one had shown me months ago, the crux seemed a little easier and I thought it was maybe going to be the day! I was a little worried about the top-out, considering my lack of spotters and only having my pad. The thin metolius one that gets affectionately called "the foot wipe" as it's pretty useless for falling on.

Oh well.

So, go number 7 and I hit the arete perfectly, then pulled in for the left crimp, hit the good edge on the arete, feet on, went for the undercling and missed it by a good 10"...not this time  >:(

Next go, same as before, this time I hit the undercling, then the jug. Just the top-out to go now. Don't think about the fall, just chalk and go. Wobbled to the top and looked around, just in case anyone had wandered round the corner to witnesss my glory. Nope. Alll on my own. Just my dog and finnian mcgill watching....oh no, my name's not Si O'conner..  :spank:

Anyway. Nice to get a proj nailed. I can conclude that 7 weeks of trad climbing and no bouldering is good training for bouldering :-\

Drewski Rootbitch

• addict
#894 Re: YYFY!!!
July 20, 2009, 09:24:55 am
YYFY!
I'm off the diet! After months of (what felt like) near starvation, I willing jumped off the wagon last night for a burger, chips and beer....not just anyburgerandchips, this was fantastic, chunky chips (with salt), homemade burger and relish, with no added salad or guilt....shamoh!
I'm off the wagon now as mission has been accomplished and there is no need for more emaciation.
Sorry it's chuffing and it's indoors, but after a good few months of hard training, yesterday I won the British routing champs at Ratho.
Won the 1st qually, 2nd qually and the final. Everything felt good and in control, no injuries, training peaked at about the right time. All just came together.
Very happy and very proud this morning, as the rest of the guys competing were proper contenders and all climbed really well, especially the young guns (a great effort from Ross, James and Ed).
I'm also very lucky to have a wonderful girlfriend who put up with my occasional grizzly-ness from too much training/not enough eating/not enough social time....
Now bring on the chocolate!
Drew

uptown

• junky
#895 Re: YYFY!!!
July 20, 2009, 09:50:22 am
YYFY!
I'm off the diet!

Fantastic! I'll see you at the crag again now I hope...and I'll bake you a cake.

...and well done at Ratho too...can I watch the video anywhere?

Drewski Rootbitch

• addict
#896 Re: YYFY!!!
July 20, 2009, 10:22:58 am
I'm all over the video editing at the minute, I don't think I'll be able to edit out the excited jumping up and down effect though. The videographer, AKA mrs Rootbitch, was proper psyched.
It should be up and running this afternoon mate. I'll stick a link on or something.

fraser33

#897 Re: YYFY!!!
July 20, 2009, 10:33:26 am
Congrats on yesterday's result  :bow: - wish I'd heard about the comp sooner, I'd have liked to make it through to Ratho, rather than wandering round a "Heavy Horse Show" in chilly showers in East Kilbride.

andy_e

• forum hero
#898 Re: YYFY!!!
July 20, 2009, 10:42:20 am
 :o  Good going Drew! Fantastic effort!

Dr T

• forum hero
#899 Re: YYFY!!!
July 20, 2009, 04:09:09 pm
finally a YYFY moment...

after more than two years of procrastonating I finally got round to doing stinging nettle.   Tried it once all that time ago and got shut down, after that I let fear of being spanked deter me whilst making rubbish excuses about not knowing exactly where it started etc... well no worries did both starts today and tidied the whole thing up from warm up to pack up in just over the hour, no real need to go back to stone farm again now!

so not that hard on the grand scale but 2 7a+'s in a day, first seventh grade problems done outdoors since Jr T was born (he was six months on Saturday, how time scoots on) and since I broke my favourite swearing finger; so yes yes fucking yes indeed

interestingly it also solved the problem with my glassy tips  ;D

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal