UKBouldering.com

YYFY!!! (Read 2102999 times)

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#350 Re: YYFY!!!
February 17, 2009, 10:43:32 am
But really, I think all polish dave footage goes via Rman studios at cemetry road boulder for processing, so god knows if it will see light of day.

Aha so it'll turn up in sepia format with a poetry reading by Brian Blessed as the soundtrack. Look forward to it.

north_country_boy

• junky
#351 Re: YYFY!!!
February 17, 2009, 11:07:15 am

You will be delighted to learn that I decided not to break with tradition and this latest ascent was filmed by a foreign chap and we shall perhaps never see the video. Because you asked of course.

For the full tick I assume you opted for the human powered method of transport. Obviously. & I hope you obeyed Rule 60 of the Highway Code for the ride back Dobbin!!??
« Last Edit: February 17, 2009, 11:24:41 am by dobbin, Reason: modified tags for idiot poster »

dobbin

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Buoux 7a
#352 Re: YYFY!!!
February 17, 2009, 11:26:45 am
Ah good old rule 60, I did have front and rear lights, but fear my roll mat may have partially obscured the rear ones.

hairich

• obsessive maniac
#353 Re: YYFY!!!
February 17, 2009, 01:50:04 pm
you legend dobbin.well done mate.wish i had been there to film again. you should have given me a bell. did you have any spanish spotters or capture it on film that has now been taken by the fbi to keep with thier copy of the true footage of the kennedy assassination.

off topic i know. does anyone know if brad pit is dry. i have had 3 sessions clearing snow off this

dave

#354 Re: YYFY!!!
February 17, 2009, 02:06:47 pm
the more I think about this the more it seems it was just a cynical ploy by dobbin to harvest in the karma. get a load for doing it to the lip, then get a load more for topping it out - double your money. You're not dealing with a mug here, this boy's playing the system like a bassoon.

Monolith

• forum hero
  • Straight outta Cronton.
#355 Re: YYFY!!!
February 18, 2009, 05:57:03 pm
Fuck it, it's not climbing related but I've just signed up for what has to be one of the best apartments in Liverpool overlooking the city with views to Clwyd and the mountains beyond. Girls, it's worth coming to my bedroom for the view outwards alone.

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a
#356 Re: YYFY!!!
February 18, 2009, 06:15:46 pm
Girls, it's worth coming to my bedroom for the view outwards alone.

'Cos there's fuck all of interest inside?

Monolith

• forum hero
#357 Re: YYFY!!!
February 18, 2009, 07:19:27 pm
Far from it my boy! For there is a penis of such sculptural, sublime proportions that the view is eclipsed and indeed overlooked by it's very presence.

robertostallioni

• forum hero
#358 Re: YYFY!!!
February 18, 2009, 09:29:13 pm
Indeed

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a
#359 Re: YYFY!!!
February 18, 2009, 10:22:16 pm
Nah, Stallion it'd be more like:

NSFW

Adam Lincoln

• forum hero
    • Flickr Page, Vimeo Videos and Blog
#360 Re: YYFY!!!
February 18, 2009, 10:24:53 pm

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
  • "There's no cure for being a c#nt"
#361 Re: YYFY!!!
February 18, 2009, 10:54:47 pm
Fuck it, it's not climbing related but I've just signed up for what has to be one of the best apartments in Liverpool overlooking the city with views to Clwyd and the mountains beyond. Girls, it's worth coming to my bedroom for the view outwards alone.

Is it as cool as John Redhead's big studio upstairs from the furniture warehouse? I can't remember much about the details, but when my mate was sub-letting from him we used to end up in there after The Academy or Le Bateau with various strange people and Mr Redhead's strange art. Arty women are so easily impressed.

robertostallioni

• forum hero
#362 Re: YYFY!!!
February 18, 2009, 11:06:48 pm
Arty women are so easily impressed
If I unfurled a 4 inch clittercock I would expect to leave an impression on my beau, though perhaps would not expect to block out the view.

Monolith

• forum hero
#363 Re: YYFY!!!
February 19, 2009, 10:25:18 am
It's on Gambier Terrace. Beatles fans might know that .... ...... lived there at one time and the song ......... .... is reputedly about something which used to happen whilst he was living there. Whether it's true or not I don't know.

Check out that massive sack! Was it considered beautiful to have a tiny penis at some point in history?

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#364 Re: YYFY!!!
February 19, 2009, 10:32:16 am
I thought you were skint dawg? Putting two and two together I can only assume that you changed your mind about the affluent queen's offer!

:o  :guilty:  :shag:

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#365 Re: YYFY!!!
February 19, 2009, 10:36:14 am
Check out that massive sack! Was it considered beautiful to have a tiny penis at some point in history?

Ever wondered what happened to the Romans  :P

Monolith

• forum hero
#366 Re: YYFY!!!
February 19, 2009, 12:53:27 pm
Hahaha, funny you mention it Jasper, I was thinking of belatedly cashing in on that yesterday. Don't know if the offer still stands mind...

andy_e

• forum hero
#367 Re: YYFY!!!
February 22, 2009, 08:03:35 pm
Underhand extension and patta's arete - the crushening has begun again

Adam Lincoln

• forum hero
    • Flickr Page, Vimeo Videos and Blog
#368 Re: YYFY!!!
February 22, 2009, 08:31:58 pm

Fatboy

• menacing presence
  • BFG (Bouldering Freak of Gangliness)
#369 Re: YYFY!!!
February 23, 2009, 11:09:21 am
Fought my way up my first 6a in Glendalough, Ireland on Saturday and very nearly got a second which is a beautiful arete I will hopefully be dispatching on my next visit!!  ;D
I know it isn't a huge grade compared to most on here but I am stoked!
Now, training tonight to keep the momentum going...

butters

• forum hero
  • Natural Born Punter
  • Everything's a grade harder hauling these 'burns!!
    • blog of butters
#370 Re: YYFY!!!
February 23, 2009, 11:26:59 am
Fought my way up my first 6a in Glendalough, Ireland on Saturday and very nearly got a second which is a beautiful arete I will hopefully be dispatching on my next visit!!  ;D

A fine place to be and one that I want to get back to sometime - not going to make it to the Irish Meet this year but Sloper is in attendance again this year and has his eye on something or other. What was the 6a out of interest?

As for the grade - I still get stoked to get up a 6a as it is a rare occurence for me - just take the tick but go back and try and do the problem in better style next time.

bluebrad

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#371 Re: YYFY!!!
February 23, 2009, 11:57:46 am
It's all relative, one man's 6A is another's 8B. The achievement is the same. What makes this game so good innit.

Fatboy

• menacing presence
#372 Re: YYFY!!!
February 23, 2009, 12:05:22 pm

A fine place to be and one that I want to get back to sometime - not going to make it to the Irish Meet this year but Sloper is in attendance again this year and has his eye on something or other. What was the 6a out of interest?

As for the grade - I still get stoked to get up a 6a as it is a rare occurence for me - just take the tick but go back and try and do the problem in better style next time.

bluebrad

Thanks Bluebrad, and the problem was the trackside traverse, just on the path heading up to the waterfall passed the miners village - basically opposite the egg boulder.
Defo, thats my plan, to get back iron out and perfect and rough moves!

It's all relative, one man's 6A is another's 8B. The achievement is the same. What makes this game so good innit.

Absolutely, have been back climbing for about 18 months now after about 4 years of laziness so its really motivating to be ticking back up the grades, and as you quite rightly pointed out, its more of a battle within yourself and with the rock so the grade only matters to you!!

(apologies for the ramble and hope some/any of it made sense!)  ;D

butters

• forum hero
  • Natural Born Punter
  • Everything's a grade harder hauling these 'burns!!
    • blog of butters
#373 Re: YYFY!!!
February 23, 2009, 12:46:56 pm
Thanks Bluebrad, and the problem was the trackside traverse, just on the path heading up to the waterfall passed the miners village - basically opposite the egg boulder.

If that is the problem I think it is then it's a low traverse going from left to right? A nice problem that put up a hell of a struggle, ate a lot of skin off my ankle at the last boulder meet and then sent me packing like the dog I am!  ;)

bluebrad

Fatboy

• menacing presence
#374 Re: YYFY!!!
February 23, 2009, 12:52:41 pm

If that is the problem I think it is then it's a low traverse going from left to right? A nice problem that put up a hell of a struggle, ate a lot of skin off my ankle at the last boulder meet and then sent me packing like the dog I am!  ;)

bluebrad

Thats the beast Bluebrad!
Yeah it does eat a lot of skin, both on fingers and ankles!!
Now to smoooooth out the moves...

The arete is the one opposite the Fin boulder if you know it??
Actually, totally wrong place for this but if anyone is making it over to the meet in March and needs a lift down there, just shout!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal