UKBouldering.com

House Gymnastics (Read 1629 times)

Houdini

• forum hero
  • Heil Mary
House Gymnastics
October 11, 2007, 01:03:33 pm
Found a book called House Gymnastics at a friends'. 

Graded 1 to 5 (being hard) I flashed a 5 but house lacked a particular kind of ballustrade and unable to continue I invented a 6 for them on the spot.  Recall a time pissed when I now realise must have been at least a 7 on friends' ceiling beams above a full kitchen sink. 

If you don't know what I'm on a about there is a site.

Any other claims?  Thoughts? 

Jumping into a corner would be a good one.

Scouse D

• forum hero
#1 Re: House Gymnastics
October 11, 2007, 03:02:14 pm
We had some seriously hard problems in some of my old student houses, Houdini do you remember that big house i lived in for a while (had a party there for Jez's b'day), that had an amazing bridging problem on the stairs- nodder almost sacrificed a day in the peak to finish it!
There was also a very scary jump above the stairs to a small gloss painted,dusty ledge -pure death. I'd draw a picture but you'd all puke in your mouths. The ultimate was to do it in socks for extra spice.

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a
#2 Re: House Gymnastics
October 11, 2007, 03:09:42 pm
In one of my old student flats in Glasgow (which was very old and had good frames) I had a loooong traverse down one side of the stairs, around the landing and back up the other side of the stairs.  The crux involved a sprag on the lightswitch and a precarious, dymamic slap for a poor sloper.  Grade wise it was between font 7b and 7c depending on shoes (usually done in floppy trainers).  It was well pumpy too.  Despite living there 18 months I only did it a few times.  Probably F8a sport  :lol:
The problems on the web site look piss easy.  Which are the difficult ones?

Houdini

• forum hero
  • Heil Mary
#3 Re: House Gymnastics
October 11, 2007, 05:54:08 pm
Go through them to find the 5 star ones.  Also some people have invented others which look nails.  I'm not happy about the grading: they've given a front lever above a door as being 4 stars in difficulty.  Surely a five compared to the other fives.  The are kinda piss.

Scouse:  Yes I remember the house.  That was the night Jez Stephenson had paint squeezed into his hair as he slept drunkenly.  :lol:  The jump must be an 8!

One time I managed to get completely horizonal up against a ceiling, beams @ 90° to my body (wood of beam protruding 2" from ceiling), back against the ceiling, feet on a wall, and started to traverse across the ceiling via a mixture of pulling back against the wall using a beam near my thighs, and pushing out arms foreward palming the beam 'above' my head.  It was going well for a while till I fell in the kitchen sink.  In fact I'm upgrading this to an 8 too.

« Last Edit: October 11, 2007, 06:11:28 pm by Houdini, Reason: spelilgn »

Eddies

• forum hero
#4 Re: House Gymnastics
October 11, 2007, 11:01:47 pm
Very good but what have they ever done on grout!?
Sorry.. couldnt resist  :spank:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal