UKBouldering.com

Inner Elbow - stiff aching pain. (Read 2231 times)

bouldermonkey

• regular
Inner Elbow - stiff aching pain.
August 28, 2007, 03:33:34 pm
Afternoon gang,

Hope you all had a good bank holiday.

Got a question regarding my left, inner elbow.

Imagine your arm hanging by your side, as it would be if you were going to do some bicep curls, then move your arm up through the movement of the curl... that's the movement, and the area that really hurts is the actual elbow joint but on the upside as you carry out the motion.   :-\ Hope that explains it, my biology really is naff.

I got plenty of bouldering in sunday at wetherby, and then moved indoors on Monday doing lots of repeat lead climbs (something that i haven't done in some time).

I felt good after the weekend, like I'd accomplished something, but today, that joint as described above is in AGONY. Everytime i move the arm in that range of motion, up, down, or away from and toward my body, it really really hurts.  I'm having real difficulty typing as i cant get my fingers on my left hand to move quick enough, and I'm also having difficulty gripping anything tight.

It's not the sort of pain you get after a work out, it feels as though I've pulled something...

Just wondering if anyone's got any idea's as to what it is, and what the best course of action would be.  :shrug:

Answers on a postcard and thanks in advance.  :great:

Paul B

• forum hero
#1 Re: Inner Elbow - stiff aching pain.
August 28, 2007, 03:48:28 pm
http://www.climbinginjuries.com/elbow.htm

usually a good place to start - hope it helps.

erm, sam

• forum hero
#2 Re: Inner Elbow - stiff aching pain.
August 28, 2007, 10:22:46 pm
As it says on that helpfull link you have got to rest till it stops hurting and then take it easy. Oh, and stop stetching it till it hurts, that isn't really helping. (assuming you are like me and are allways keen to try to offset the bad pain with "good" pain.)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal