UKBouldering.com

Ridiculous bouldering injuries? (Read 8360 times)

205Chris

• forum hero
#25 Re: Ridiculous bouldering injuries?
July 21, 2007, 06:44:32 pm
I managed to faceplant the undercut dyno at the roaches a while back resulting in what looked liked carpet burns on my face.

I had fun explaining that one to all the non climbers at work. And I didn't get the tick either.

JR

• forum abuser
#26 Re: Ridiculous bouldering injuries?
July 21, 2007, 07:10:46 pm
I managed to faceplant the undercut dyno at the roaches a while back resulting in what looked liked carpet burns on my face.

I had fun explaining that one to all the non climbers at work. And I didn't get the tick either.

jordan managed to do exactly that when his foot popped.  It looked horrifically painful but amusing...

I managed to dislocate my elbow, tearing many ligaments and break my wrist falling off life in a radioactive dustbin.  two operations, lots of plaster and a forrest gump brace needed for that one.

205Chris

• forum hero
#27 Re: Ridiculous bouldering injuries?
July 21, 2007, 07:39:03 pm

jordan managed to do exactly that when his foot popped.  It looked horrifically painful but amusing...

I managed to dislocate my elbow, tearing many ligaments and break my wrist falling off life in a radioactive dustbin.  two operations, lots of plaster and a forrest gump brace needed for that one.

That's radioactive dustbin off my ticklist then.......

Pantontino

• forum hero
    • www.northwalesbouldering.com
#28 Re: Ridiculous bouldering injuries?
July 21, 2007, 08:51:42 pm
I once snapped an entire ledge off a sit down start at Brimham.
on which problem.does the swanmaister know about your vandalism. :spank:

It was a 'new' section in the Hare Heads area that Steve Rhodes showed me around in 1993. We did a load of 3 star classic first ascents, and then didn't tell anyone (not even ourselves) - I'll be lodging my indignant retro claims once the new guide gets published.

webbo

• forum hero
#29 Re: Ridiculous bouldering injuries?
July 22, 2007, 09:20:12 pm
then someone who genuinely has a poor memory and habit of not recording what he does.will suddenly have a moment of cognitive clarity and realise he did it in 1985 when he was 15.
it would be totally unbelievable if i didn't have constantly have to tell him how did something 2 days before. :-\

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal