#450 Re: Powerballs
February 08, 2008, 08:50:33 am
it'll be that pre-font psyche dave!

Monolith

• forum hero
  • Straight outta Cronton.
#451 Re: Powerballs
February 08, 2008, 04:55:04 pm
YES!! Finally got my technique dialled today. Just walloped out 11,993!! Where did that come from!

Houdini

• forum hero
  • Heil Mary
#452 Re: Powerballs
February 08, 2008, 06:42:40 pm
Scouse's efforts w/ the screamer would read much higher on a 250hz pro.  You're close to 13K, mate.

magpie

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
#453 Re: Powerballs
February 14, 2008, 10:21:59 am
You lot are beasts!!!

I can only get 7129 (it took me about three tries to work out how to even get it going properly) and even doing that has given me a shaky arm.  I can barely keep the damn thing in my hand once it gets going.  Also, I've managed to give myself some kind of blister / flapper already, look: 

I'm not cut out for this thread am I?  :(

Houdini

• forum hero
  • Heil Mary
#454 Re: Powerballs
February 14, 2008, 10:32:08 am
No, but I'm tempted to get Dave to delete your post for knocking Dense off the bottom spot   ;)

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a
#455 Re: Powerballs
February 14, 2008, 10:33:24 am
Nah, give Magpie a day or two and Dense will be back in wooden spoonville.

magpie

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
#456 Re: Powerballs
February 14, 2008, 10:50:31 am
9010!  I reckon with a bit of finger tape and some effort I can take him!  It'll give me something to focus on  8)

8434 - I nearly threw it across reception though, so I'm not sure it's a good work activity  ???
« Last Edit: February 14, 2008, 10:57:58 am by magpie, Reason: Attempting to beat Dense »

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a
#457 Re: Powerballs
February 14, 2008, 10:57:28 am
Yeah, go on- crush Dense's score!!
How on Earth did you get a flapper there?  That doesn't even go near the PowerBall.

PS Houdini once got 9200 by sticking the ball up his arse and gyrating to Madonna tunes.  He's that much of a PowerBall Wad.  Respect.

magpie

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
#458 Re: Powerballs
February 14, 2008, 11:00:18 am
How on Earth did you get a flapper there?  That doesn't even go near the PowerBall.
It just happened  :shrug: and that bit does go near the powerball if you are me, I am so weak I need to cling to it with all 5 of my tiny claws.  Maybe I'm holding it wrong?

Plattsy

• forum hero
#459 Re: Powerballs
February 14, 2008, 11:06:45 am
New pb 11787 last night. Still pumped this morning! Any improvements from now on are gonna be small I think.   :(

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a
#460 Re: Powerballs
February 14, 2008, 11:07:37 am
Magpie, post a pic of your grip and Houd will coach you.

magpie

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
#461 Re: Powerballs
February 14, 2008, 11:19:11 am
Grip coaching, nice.  :thumbsup:

Ok, it was like this:

But since the injury, I have to modify it to this (like a lady drinking tea!):

The thing is, I bet I could get it to go faster if it wasn't for the fact that it starts to pull outwards and my fingers kind of slip back so I don't have a good enough grip to keep hold of it, it feels like it's going to slip right out of the end of my finger and fly away  :lol:

Houdini

• forum hero
  • Heil Mary
#462 Re: Powerballs
February 14, 2008, 11:29:08 am
#1   Crab it:  betwix thumb & middle and ring finger.  Really squeeze it. 

#2   Try reversing it w/ inner ball facing palm so you can get more of your lil' fingers around it.

#3    Wipe after each go w/ a towel and wash hands w/ soap.

#4    Use pof on your hands if you have any.

#5    Gay that hand.   Kinda:

By this I mean, when you revolve the ball make sure that your hand goes full circle to the extremes of the arc.  Kinda like the item above - imagine him(?) w/ a ball in his hand.

#6    Slow warm ups and stretches will help.

Duma

• forum hero
#463 Re: Powerballs
February 14, 2008, 11:31:17 am
11393 last night - edging toward mid table respectability.
Magpie - that's exactly where I lost skin on my little finger too! Slight grip change seems to have helped, though I'm sure hand size has some effect.

Houdini

• forum hero
  • Heil Mary
#464 Re: Powerballs
February 14, 2008, 11:34:15 am
By Gay Handing it, to clarify, I mean attempt to bend at the wrist while you increase speed.  Not quite what I said above.  Have the inner ball facing the floor and gradually force it almost behind you - but do it from the wrist, not elbow or shoulder.  Kinda.

magpie

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
#465 Re: Powerballs
February 14, 2008, 11:38:50 am
Houdini, you rock.  I am frightened to turn it round so it faces in the way in case it nips me  :-[  I will try though, since you say so.

Magpie - that's exactly where I lost skin on my little finger too! Slight grip change seems to have helped, though I'm sure hand size has some effect.
At least I know I am not the only one who held it in a weird way to start off ;)

Houdini

• forum hero
  • Heil Mary
#466 Re: Powerballs
February 14, 2008, 11:41:22 am
This is the SPoD grip (Satan - Prince of Darkness / A la  Heavy metal salut)

It won't nip, may make your skin warm a little, mind. Try shouting Satan rulez Motherfucker! when you on a PB attempt.  I find this utterly crucial when using the SPoD grip.

magpie

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
#467 Re: Powerballs
February 14, 2008, 11:47:06 am
Right!  I am trying to SPoD it, the shouting will have to wait, it won't go down well in work.  I turned it round, it helped a bit, it did not nip, this is good. 

For some reason when I get it going fast I can only keep the momentum up by doing tiny movements, like very slight wrist flicks there is no other polite way to describe it, the minute I try to gay hand it and really start to bend my wrist it starts clacking at me and slowing down.  Maybe it's a practice thing?  :-\

Only a woman could need this much coaching  ::) at myself

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a
#468 Re: Powerballs
February 14, 2008, 11:52:05 am
Only a woman Dense could need this much coaching  ::)

:-\

Houdini

• forum hero
  • Heil Mary
#469 Re: Powerballs
February 14, 2008, 11:52:53 am
The noise?   Sounds to me like you have left the circle of rotation just a little too much.  By Gay Handing the ball you should still be turning in nice circles, not an exaggerated oval, just revolving the ball w/ your hand at 90° to your forearm - rather that more straight.   I described it wrong in my first GH description attempt.  It still works by going in super wide circles but won't make it go ultra fast.

All things to those who wait & practice, Magpie.

(Besides - I get my highest scores after 45mins on the stupid thing . . .  when the grip gets silly hard.)

magpie

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
#470 Re: Powerballs
February 14, 2008, 12:00:11 pm
I think the noise is the inner ball hitting the casing?  Maybe I was not understanding gay handing, I am trying to do full big circles into the gay hand position, but now I think you mean permanant gay hand position with slight twitching to make it spin.  I would take a picture but I just look like a camp raptor and it doesn't illistrate my point well.  Thank you for all the tips though, I'll just practice a lot.  ;)

I can barely type my arms are so pumped  :lol:

Monolith

• forum hero
  • Straight outta Cronton.
#471 Re: Powerballs
February 14, 2008, 12:05:52 pm
Top tip magpie to avoid greasing off your ball. Turn the central heating off and open some windows. I find getting the house down to almost sub zero temps has aided my best attempts greatly.

Houdini

• forum hero
  • Heil Mary
#472 Re: Powerballs
February 14, 2008, 12:10:13 pm
I've just been experimenting w/ GHing but trying to do what I've told you.

OK - But 1st, this isn't about you - it's about keeping Dense at the bottom  ;)

#1     Get the ball up to speed using whatever grip or technique you want.  (If you SPod it, don't forget to squeeze hard w/ all those fingers inc. pinkie - your ring & middle are opposite your strong thumb so using those two fingers like an opposite thumb - as well as the other fingers - should work.)

#2      When you've got it up to speed and your turning circle is quite small - maybe even as small as you can manage - then you give it some GH.  Don't GH it from the very beginning as it'll kill the wee bones in your hand, and you'll pull something.  Progressively GH it.  But I think first you need a few weeks of occassional use to improve the grip in general.  

It's all about what's happening to the inner ball.  By GHing it you put it at a weird angle that puts a different pull on the innerball.  To be fair, GH is not for everyone, but it does help speed up a bit, and it's a technique serious PBers use, I read it on the PB site.  They're bonkers people.  Some of them only powerball.  Madness.

First improve your grip, then try improving technique such as making your circles more even and circular, then go for advanced tricks such as Gay Hand, and after that the Burst Technique.  And most of all crush Dense into the middle of next week.

magpie

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
#473 Re: Powerballs
February 14, 2008, 12:15:50 pm
I'm a woman, I don't do sub-zero Monolith ;)  I may try it for the sake of the Powerball though.

Houd, the help is greatly appreciated regardless of your reason.  Obviously I know this is not about me, it's about bringing shame on Dense by getting him beaten by a girl, and a weak girl at that.

Houdini

• forum hero
  • Heil Mary
#474 Re: Powerballs
February 14, 2008, 12:19:09 pm
Absolutely, it will choke him  ;)

Ooh - a Brit is catching Akis.  Only two 16K+ scores now.

16553  Akis Kritsinelis - World Record! (GR)

16102   Jeremy Goldsmith (GB)

The main site has been revamped - I was looking to post a pic of Duane Cash's technique - showing GH clearly.  They've yet to update it w/ vids though.  Later.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal