UKBouldering.com

One armism (Read 27480 times)

account_inactive

• forum hero
#75 Re: One armism
June 15, 2007, 10:57:24 am
Sounds like Bonjoy's been hacked. But yes, on occasion there's nothing wrong with giving a hearty blowjob to your deserving climbing peer.

Remind me not to venture down to Pex Hill on a dark night

Monolith

• forum hero
  • Straight outta Cronton.
#76 Re: One armism
June 15, 2007, 11:01:05 am
You won't catch me round those parts all that often these days Dylan. Head towards South Lakes if you're needing any assistance..

Somebody's Fool

• forum hero
#77 Re: One armism
June 15, 2007, 06:57:22 pm
Jim.  That's all well and good, but why the tents when there's a bunkhouse costing ten times as much just up the road?

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
    • Bouldering POI's for tomtom
#78 Re: One armism
June 16, 2007, 06:24:33 am
There will be a invoice for some dried apricots and 7up heading your way if your not carefull SF  :greed:

BD

• player
#79 Re: One armism
June 19, 2007, 06:55:55 pm
has anybody got some experience with doing one armed deadhangs (with straight arms)? they sound great for training your fingers with the double load they have to carry compared to the normal deadhangs, but aren't they notorious for causing elbowinjuries or is that only if you do a lot of pull-ups starting out straight(not one-armers off course)? maybe locking off at 90° with some support from the other hand could be a solution but then you're also putting some high stress on your elbow and biceps.
tnx

BD

Eddies

• forum hero
#80 Re: One armism
June 19, 2007, 09:17:57 pm
A friend of mine recently wrote to Neil Gresham and asked him weather it was benefitial to dead hang with both arms using one finger on each (as it really hurt him!!) Neil wrote back strongly advising against dead hanging like this! Isted he suggested hanging off a single arm but using as many fingers as possible.
He said that within a month of practice it should be possible to hold a one-armed dead hang off a campus board rung.

P.S, I thought id read somewhere that Keenus only used 'climbing' as training for climbing?

a dense loner

• forum hero
#81 Re: One armism
June 20, 2007, 09:17:47 am
of course deadhanging one-armed puts a lot of load on the arm BD, that's how you get stronger. you don't get stronger by imagining daisies as a lot of books would have you believe.
speaking of which i'm pretty sure you've misquoted or took out of context neil's reply to your mate eddies. if hanging on one-finger is hurting your mate then he's not ready to do it. maybe one finger one hand and two on the other. if you hang on one-finger you're training mono's, if you hang on many you're training many :bounce:

Johnny B Badd

#82 Re: One armism
June 20, 2007, 12:19:23 pm
A friend of mine recently wrote to Neil Gresham and asked him weather it was benefitial to dead hang with both arms using one finger on each (as it really hurt him!!) Neil wrote back strongly advising against dead hanging like this! Isted he suggested hanging off a single arm but using as many fingers as possible.
He said that within a month of practice it should be possible to hold a one-armed dead hang off a campus board rung.

Depends how big the rung is!

Incidently, I can hang one-armed off a one inch rung for 10 - 15 seconds (keeping the arm slightly bent ie. pulling) and I'm pretty weak. I think smaller holds and less time are the way to go.

BTW my one armer training will mostly consist of eating broccoli and being less of a fat bastard!  :goodidea:

JBB.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal