UKBouldering.com

What would the perfect bouldering site look like? (Read 2962 times)

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
Will soon have some time to start re-writing ukb, pretty much from scratch, which is going to take a lot of my evenings up  :roll:

Just so I don't waste my time on re-writing the bits that nobody is bothered about anyway, I'd be interested to hear:

• What bits of ukb (apart from the forum) do you use most, if at all?
  • What pisses you off about the site as it is?
  • What would your "dream website" do/offer?
  • Or anything else really.....

See you all in about a week - don't be shy and get posting :D

dontfollowme

• Trusted Users
  • junky
I really like the site but perhaps the frontpage could be improved slightly? Maybe get a better picture on there.

dave

My ideal website would be a sort of cross between this site and www.wickedweasel.com, but that probably asking a lot.  :wink:

I'd settle for more topos, reviews etc. More of the same as far as photos and videos are concerned since we've got some good shit here. I have no problems with the style of the site as the moment but I'm sure whatever you come up with will look good. Maybe time for a new frontpage picture - I mean Sharma's hands at Hombolt are pretty inspirational, but what about having one that picks ramdomly from a set of the better ones in the UKB gallery? or make some arty hand shots from the ukb gallery etc. Bo.

Johnny Brown

• forum hero
I reckon the site is fine - why don't you treat yoself to some more time at the crag?
I'd go with Dave's suggestion for a 'pic of the week' type feature, maybe some printable topos too.

Daniel

• player
Jus a little thing, but Id get rid of that pic above of the guy vomiting milk... There must be some better pics?

The phrase If it aint broke, dont fix it springs to mind....

D.

dobbin

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Buoux 7a
The ideal bouldering site would have a big picture of me looking hard on the front (Bubba's good with photoshop so that's a possible), loads of pictures of me inside and articles about how good I am on all the pages. JK Rowling is an excellent writer of fiction, I'm sure she could come up with something.

Back in the real world, I want topo's, beta, vids and piccies. Aiight.

dobbin

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Buoux 7a
and, whilst I'm at it, I want a training plan - something like "from 6 to 8a in 21 days - Guaranteed".

Johnny Brown

• forum hero
I think you should leave the site most as it is but put loads of time into creating a 'techno map browser' type thingy.
Map of the uk - scroll over it/ zoom in etc
much easier to find problems than current system.
A good model is at http://www.themodernantiquarian.com/map_browser.php
(how much time did you say you have??)

The we would never have to give a bean to cockfax again - whoo hoo :D

dmitri

• player
hehehe

the modern antiquarian....how i ripped off that site photos for my archaology coursework......two days effort & 87.5% overall...bargain!

Yeh get a map with links to topos & area info!! That would be smeggin brill! :D

Dont get rid of the puke photo it kicks ass!! Is it the drink a gallon of milk challenge? If so respect.....i've done it & its horrible!!!!!!!!

dom

• addict
the front page could be better ie. more welcoming, easier for navigation.
more vids :lol:
a find a crag database like ukc but with bouldering sites on it (they dont do many bouldering places) would be cool.
and get rid of pukey boy. it scares away the kids.

dave

yo JB that antiques site is bo for checking out new boulders, check dis nice photo of t'andle stone.

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
Thanks for the ideas - I'll have a good look at all those sites when I get back.

37 degrees yesterday in Barcelona - sweet!

I am in the heart of the geekdom here, but at least there's free web access (and ice cream) to keep me sane  :D

Johnny Brown

• forum hero
Quote from: "dave"
yo JB that antiques site is bo for checking out new boulders, check dis nice photo of t'andle stone.

wonder what they think the tick-marks are?
pagan worship by decorating the stone!!!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal