UKBouldering.com

65 days of static... (Read 2990 times)

chappers

• forum hero
65 days of static...
May 10, 2007, 08:09:04 am
are on tour. i saw them last night in Preston, manchester tonight, very good indeed (if you like industrial, electronic, guitar music with no vocals).
all you sheffield types must know about them???

andy_e

• forum hero
#1 Re: 65 days of static...
May 10, 2007, 10:40:41 am
I saw them in Leeds the night befre they played preston. So epic! Their light/visual display is great too, except I spent almost the entire gig with my eyes closed thining "wow..."

matthew

• menacing presence
#2 Re: 65 days of static...
May 10, 2007, 12:54:00 pm
Yeah seen them a couple of times. Absolutely legendary, definately rank as one of the best I've seen live. Especially as when they play Fuzz it's £3.50. Bargain!
Oh I remember when Fuzz club was good.....

andy_e

• forum hero
#3 Re: 65 days of static...
May 11, 2007, 08:56:29 pm
I now own all 65dos releases. And an exclusive remix. (Which was done by me, so never mind).

Apparently the genre is "technical indrustrial instrumental math-rock". I prefer the term "Epictronica" though.

chappers

• forum hero
#4 Re: 65 days of static...
May 14, 2007, 10:17:24 am

Apparently the genre is "technical indrustrial instrumental math-rock".

i am glad that that is cleared up!
on a different note, did you watch the support? that first band? you a fan? i felt sorry for them because some wankers were taking the mic, then the same dude that was doing that i overheard talking afterwards saying, i thought that they would be more like the steriophonics!  :wank:
andi, check out www.myspace.com/hotbonedisco they are great live (much better than the shabby recordings on their myspaz).

andy_e

• forum hero
#5 Re: 65 days of static...
May 14, 2007, 04:46:34 pm
If by the first band you mean Rolo Tomassi with the mini-singer (who is only 16 too), then unfortunately I missed them but I think I've seen them before. What a crazy sound you'd never expect to be produced by a 16 year old girl. Did you see the guy with the beard? Hilarious at first but then boring.

Bowie

• addict
#6 Re: 65 days of static...
May 14, 2007, 05:15:12 pm
saw 65dos last week in sheffield at plug - each time i've seen them they have been at a bigger venue with bigger crowd. truly awesome sound. their albums don't really do justice to their sound live, but still great - especially to drive fast to. although you get a sense that the base dude doesn't belong to the same band - he looks out of place on stage.

the support was genius - miramar disaster, proper heavy metal stylee shouteeness for young people dressed in black. and as andi says a dude from the mid west with a crazy beard and some half decent songs that get boring after the 3rd track.

would like to seem 65dos when properly wasted - that would be an experience.

andy_e

• forum hero
#7 Re: 65 days of static...
May 14, 2007, 05:17:42 pm
I was on the way to being wasted and I just stood there with my eyes closed thinking "wow..."

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal