UKBouldering.com

Le toit de Cul de chien now a step ladder! (Read 3681 times)

Slide

• addict
Just got back from a very hot trip to font. Bit disappointed to find a geet big foothold on the bottom wall of the Cul de Chien roof.  Not sure if its been chipped or the outer crust has broken but it allows lots of lanky punters to get to where they shouldn't and cause more scraping about.  Anybody any idea if the locals might fill this in?

RichardB

• regular
Twas there in Oct last year. Looked like chipping to me.

Bonjoy

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Leafy gent
 What's wrong with those frenchies? Surely a big hole in THE classic problem should have been filled by now

Houdini

• forum hero
  • Heil Mary
Now now Lovejoy!  You of all people should know that restoring classics drastically alters their auction value. 

I take it it's insured?

Slide

• addict
Yes it did look chipped but i thought this very unlikely.  Funny thing was there were a pile of tall germans failing to dispatch the top bit after lanking the bottom bit with the new foothold.   After a bit of tomfoolery i proceeded to point at the offending hold with my stick brush and with my best german accent 'told zem zee muzt not use ziss old az it iz out ov bounz! Then dispatched it without said bucket. Didn't go down too well apparently. :whistle:

Nibile

• forum hero
  • Part Animal Part Machine
    • TOTOLORE
i also found a very big bit of rock come off from the prow of "mouton a six pattes" and the very big starting hold of "beaux quartier" completely absent.

BD

• player
people are advised not to climb "mouton a 6 pattes" any longer because some holds allready broke off and the underlying rock is very soft. with some gentle brushing, slopers can turn into jugs this way as happened to "le petit toit" at 95.2 and it was such a beautiful problem....

BD

BD

• player
people are advised not to climb "mouton a 6 pattes" any longer because some holds allready broke off and the underlying rock is very soft. with some gentle brushing, slopers can turn into jugs this way as happened to "le petit toit" at 95.2. and it was such a beautiful problem.... :'(

BD

goddamnit i just tried to edit some stupid detail, accidentally quoted myself and ended up double posting it. another bad day in history. at least i can give karma points a bit faster then.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal