UKBouldering.com

Leg shavers anonymous (Read 573283 times)

Norton Sharley

• forum hero
#125 Re: Leg shavers anonymous
June 26, 2007, 01:07:58 pm
Was just doing that lunchtime surfing thing and found this for the leg shavers amongst you ...

http://sheldonbrown.com/chainclean.html

:shrug:

AndyR

• forum hero
#126 Re: Leg shavers anonymous
June 26, 2007, 04:39:02 pm
Was just doing that lunchtime surfing thing and found this for the leg shavers amongst you ...

http://sheldonbrown.com/chainclean.html

:shrug:
Did you scroll to the bottom?

webbo

• forum hero
#127 Re: Leg shavers anonymous
June 26, 2007, 06:40:03 pm
only after i took my chain apart :wall:

Norton Sharley

• forum hero
#128 Re: Leg shavers anonymous
June 27, 2007, 10:29:40 am
yarp   :P

Percy B

• forum hero
    • www.climbingworks.com
#129 Re: Leg shavers anonymous
July 02, 2007, 01:26:44 pm
Seeing as the climbing season has finished for the year (possibly for ever as we reach the end of the world....!) I did the British Cyclosportive yesterday. Interesting riding a tour stage - albeit one of the flat stages. Lots of shaved legs there though, I can tell you. Never seen so many nice bikes, as 5000 of the keenist roadies in the country got their pride and joy all mucky in the shitty weather. Good fun, but pretty full-on riding 127 miles into 20mph headwinds. Anyway, I made it, and have no enthusiasm for sitting back on my bike currently - sore arse doesn't begin to describe! The computer on my bike reckons I used 5500 calories up during the ride. Imagine doing that everyday for the next 21 days - maximum respect to the tour riders.

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#130 Re: Leg shavers anonymous
July 02, 2007, 02:18:58 pm
Going to be at Glentress on the 21st if anyone is around. I think we will be mostly doing the red circuit.

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
#131 Re: Leg shavers anonymous
July 02, 2007, 02:50:23 pm
Good effort Percy...

fatdoc

• forum hero
  • old and fearful
    • http://www.pincheswall.co.uk
#132 Re: Leg shavers anonymous
July 02, 2007, 05:40:58 pm
good effort Percy, my arse has yet to be conditioned to take that amount of abuse...

BTW, any MTBers on here up for the www.avalanchetrophy.com in scotland this august? I've entered (though not heard back from the organisers as yet), and have yet to find anyone else willing to undergo the obvious discomfort and exhaustion the event will dole out.

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#133 Re: Leg shavers anonymous
July 02, 2007, 05:48:40 pm
good effort Percy, my arse has yet to be conditioned to take that amount of abuse...

Thought your school days would have seen to that  :P

fatdoc

• forum hero
  • old and fearful
#134 Re: Leg shavers anonymous
July 02, 2007, 06:07:04 pm
i'm not the only privately educated one on here though am I Bubs...?

more worryingly is surviving a week with you in morzine :shag:   ;)

Yossarian

• forum hero
#135 Re: Leg shavers anonymous
July 02, 2007, 06:10:32 pm
Seeing as the climbing season has finished for the year (possibly for ever as we reach the end of the world....!) I did the British Cyclosportive yesterday. Interesting riding a tour stage - albeit one of the flat stages. Lots of shaved legs there though, I can tell you. Never seen so many nice bikes, as 5000 of the keenist roadies in the country got their pride and joy all mucky in the shitty weather. Good fun, but pretty full-on riding 127 miles into 20mph headwinds. Anyway, I made it, and have no enthusiasm for sitting back on my bike currently - sore arse doesn't begin to describe! The computer on my bike reckons I used 5500 calories up during the ride. Imagine doing that everyday for the next 21 days - maximum respect to the tour riders.

did you ride the hill up into goudhurst in the big ring though?! i have ridden up and down that road (through to tenterden and beyond) more times than i care to remember...

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#136 Re: Leg shavers anonymous
July 02, 2007, 06:15:33 pm
i'm not the only privately educated one on here though am I Bubs...?
I was only a day boy tho - you were a full on boarding, fagging gimp :)

more worryingly is surviving a week with you in morzine :shag:   ;)
I used chloroform - you just never woke up  :o

fatdoc

• forum hero
  • old and fearful
#137 Re: Leg shavers anonymous
July 02, 2007, 06:20:54 pm
but evening hrs only sex has never stopped you so far!!!

I used those sedatives that we *forced you* to take that night on the piss - you squweeeeeeled like a pig buoy.... like a pig buoy...
 :jaw:

and then we all had a go....

nice.

er... actually not really. God this weather is so bloody awful i'm getting entertained by this drivel... heaven help me.

webbo

• forum hero
#138 Re: Leg shavers anonymous
July 02, 2007, 08:38:56 pm
did you ride the hill up into goudhurst in the big ring though?!

this is a more risque question than the faggoty stuff from the public school punters above. :o

Percy B

• forum hero
    • www.climbingworks.com
#139 Re: Leg shavers anonymous
July 02, 2007, 08:42:25 pm

did you ride the hill up into goudhurst in the big ring though?! i have ridden up and down that road (through to tenterden and beyond) more times than i care to remember...

Seeing as most of my training for cycling involves riding up long drags in the Peak, or even longer drags in the alps, i simply took delight in dropping into the 39 ring and plodding up the lumps in Kent, whilst all the big ring heroes sprinted most of the way up the hills then died at the top as I pootled past them at my own pace. My golden rule is never get out of the saddle unless its really frigging steep (ie:Winnats Pass!) I particularly enjoyed watching one unfortunate soul chundering in the hedgerow at the top of one of the hills!

Webbo - I am not a 'big ring hero' - excuse the unfortunate doulde entendre. I can't vouch for either Bubba or Fatdoc though..... from previous posts on this thread my suspicions would be that both possess a big ring reminiscent of a 'Wizards Sleeve'

webbo

• forum hero
#140 Re: Leg shavers anonymous
July 03, 2007, 07:58:49 am
My golden rule is never get out of the saddle unless its really frigging steep (ie:Winnats Pass!)

when i first started cycling i was informed an englishman never leaves the saddle,it is ungentlemanly to do so.maybe thats why we've never had a tour winner.

SA Chris

• forum hero
#141 Re: Leg shavers anonymous
July 03, 2007, 08:57:10 am

BTW, any MTBers on here up for the www.avalanchetrophy.com in scotland this august? I've entered (though not heard back from the organisers as yet), and have yet to find anyone else willing to undergo the obvious discomfort and exhaustion the event will dole out.

Don't know about one in Scotland but a lot of my mountain biking mates are descending en masse on Alpe d'Huez for the Mega Avalanche. Looks like mayhem. I suspect they will be doing it as they the Strathpuffer and that kind of silliness.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2007, 09:13:07 am by SA Chris »

Percy B

• forum hero
    • www.climbingworks.com
#142 Re: Leg shavers anonymous
July 03, 2007, 09:17:15 am
when i first started cycling i was informed an englishman never leaves the saddle,it is ungentlemanly to do so.maybe thats why we've never had a tour winner.

Too true. I still don't feel like the saddle has left me yet, let alone me leave the saddle. Me arse bones are traumatised :spank:
That Megavalance stuff looks mental. Sod Alp d'Huez - I'd fancy the Reunion one. There's some very big and impressive mountains on that particular tropical paradise - £500 return to fly from Manchester via Paris Orly...... Then there's the beaches, surfing, bouldering, rum, local 'herbal remedies', parapenting, diving, etc, etc.

fatdoc

• forum hero
  • old and fearful
#143 Re: Leg shavers anonymous
July 03, 2007, 12:11:52 pm
the wizards sleeve gaff was amusing i'll give you that perc...

The reunion thingie looks the bollocks.. i'm thinkin of doing the weeks long holiday there - for my 40th in a couple of years...

the avalacnche trophy is DH timed runs, but NO uplift  :o, and fixed times to get up the hills (or your out!), so it's FR or big XC bike only!!! sounds a right larf.. as i have never ridden in scotland i know i'll not do well - but it's keepin me focused. I've decided to train for it by doing 100 miles+ a week on my road bike. I know you guys crank that off in a morning, but for me that's really not bad!

now then; anyone doing the etapecalidonia?? that's my big roadie goal, but for me next year... sportive, closed roads, with full support!! sounds v good to me!

SA Chris

• forum hero
#144 Re: Leg shavers anonymous
July 03, 2007, 12:20:14 pm
Don't think Innerleithen is any different to anywhere else in the UK, it's not proper Scotland anyway, so no massive hills. Mates are not sure if they are doing it, will let you know if they are, in case misery seeks company.

Percy B

• forum hero
    • www.climbingworks.com
#145 Re: Leg shavers anonymous
July 03, 2007, 12:40:32 pm
Defo on for the Etape Caladonia next year - hope I can get a place...they are rarer than rocking horse shit. Might do a couple more sportives this year if I can find the time. The ones here - www.kilotogo.com seem cheap and cheerful, don't have any really nasty climbs and cover some nice ground. Then there's the Fred Whitton and the White Rose next year to get a place on too, not to mention a crack at the Etape or the Marmotte if I can find time time and the legs are up to it....
Problem with a lot of British sportives is the fact that the roads aren't closed so it can be a bit spicy at times.

Dolly

• forum hero
#146 Re: Leg shavers anonymous
July 03, 2007, 01:52:02 pm
White Rose is great - did it last year. Very well organised. No closed roads, but hardly any traffic TBH apart from the obvious main roads.
I'd have to say that the Welsh Autumn Epic was the best tho'. I found it very hard on both years I've done it, but its great riding

LucyB

• Trusted Users
  • obsessive maniac
#147 Re: Leg shavers anonymous
July 03, 2007, 01:53:44 pm
Defo on for the Etape Caladonia next year - hope I can get a place...they are rarer than rocking horse shit. Might do a couple more sportives this year if I can find the time. 

??? :(

I used to have a boyfriend....

David S

• stalker
#148 Re: Leg shavers anonymous
July 03, 2007, 03:15:03 pm
Hope you got a nice soft rubber ring for him to sit on Lucy  Poor lad was walking a bit funny today. :lol:

clm

• forum hero
#149 Re: Leg shavers anonymous
July 03, 2007, 06:27:02 pm
i like to stay in the saddle until that particular muscle group stops working then get out until that muscle group stops working, sit down until....

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal