UKBouldering.com

Leg shavers anonymous (Read 573250 times)

Yossarian

• forum hero
#100 Re: Leg shavers anonymous
June 19, 2007, 05:57:42 pm
Mmmm hardtails :)

This is my semi-completed Santa Cruz Chameleon, which I recently broke 2 fingers falling off :)

i like your hubs. are they part of the victoria beckham signature collection?

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#101 Re: Leg shavers anonymous
June 19, 2007, 07:01:35 pm

They're chavtastic :)

Actually look quite nice in the flesh.

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#102 Re: Leg shavers anonymous
June 19, 2007, 07:19:13 pm
And this is what you should be doing on it, not going to work !!

Give me some money then :)

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
#103 Re: Leg shavers anonymous
June 19, 2007, 07:34:09 pm
So just out of curiosity; how many of us on this thread have actually been climbing or bouldering in the last four weeks? I'm a bit ashamed to say I haven't as I've either been surfing, road-biking or MTB'ing for the last six at least... I just can't seem to find the time to sustain any climbing with work pressures and the bikes allow me that two or three hour blowout that takes all day with climbing and I've been away loads at weekends at the coast :-[

Percy B

• forum hero
    • www.climbingworks.com
#104 Re: Leg shavers anonymous
June 19, 2007, 07:53:17 pm
Managed a little bouldering on the grit, but normally after an early morning ride and a days work at the wall. Its really hard to sustain a decent level at more than one sport and hold down a job. I currently need to be bouldering fit so I can work setting comps - got British champs and an International in France to set in the next 8 weeks. Then I need to get the miles in on my road bike to prepare for the sportives I booked on to in a bizarre moment months ago when I thought the summer would be a quiet period for me - next one being the British Etape in 2 weeks. And then we accidentally decided to build another Climbing Works in Bristol which will write off any spare time I thought I had when I wasn't working full-time in the Sheffield Works.

Its currently very hard to get motivated at six thirty on a sunday morning to pack in an extra 40 miles ride onto my commute to work, but I'm pushing on in the hope that somebody is on the brink of inventing the 400 hour week to give me the extra time to sleep! I still seem to be getting fitter for cycling so it gives me a bit of extra psych to get out of bed when I really just want to curl back up in my pit. I think being a mentalist helps too :wave:

webbo

• forum hero
#105 Re: Leg shavers anonymous
June 19, 2007, 09:07:02 pm
iv'e been managing to boulder 3 times a week 2 indoor sessions and 1 outdoor.plus biking 3 times aweek usually 2 shortish interval sessions and 1 3 to 4 hour staminia effort.however sometimes i find i have to replace one bike ride with drinking lots of red wine in order to cope. :alky:

fatboySlimfast

• forum hero
#106 Re: Leg shavers anonymous
June 20, 2007, 07:34:21 am
Biking sunday, bouldered last night, will bike tonight(probably DJ sesh) weather permitting

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#107 Re: Leg shavers anonymous
June 20, 2007, 07:52:45 am
Been indoors once a week for the last three weeks, nothing outdoors. Worst start to a climbing season for ages. Weather has been absolutely shocking. Not even been out on bike. Saw the film about Graeme Obree last night, does that count?

fatdoc

• forum hero
  • old and fearful
    • http://www.pincheswall.co.uk
#108 Re: Leg shavers anonymous
June 20, 2007, 08:40:11 am
slimfast is the epitome of the fair weather MTBer - a total mud shy faggot!!!

Pot. Kettle. Black.

;) :lol:

i'll have you know that i'm even getting my roadbike wet these days, as the initial fear of wet slippy roads receeds... commute most days now and get a few miles in at the weekend...

on the mtb side i've always been up for a ride / slide around in the clart... though it is does get a bit remoralising cleaning a full susser every time you ride!!

Norton... that single track is not in the portes de soleil... so it's up near cham then n'est pa??

Norton Sharley

• forum hero
#109 Re: Leg shavers anonymous
June 20, 2007, 08:48:34 am
And this is what you should be doing on it, not going to work !!

Give me some money then :)

Free guiding in the Alps for you dude  :beer1:

Norton Sharley

• forum hero
#110 Re: Leg shavers anonymous
June 20, 2007, 08:49:29 am
slimfast is the epitome of the fair weather MTBer - a total mud shy faggot!!!

Pot. Kettle. Black.

;) :lol:

i'll have you know that i'm even getting my roadbike wet these days, as the initial fear of wet slippy roads receeds... commute most days now and get a few miles in at the weekend...

on the mtb side i've always been up for a ride / slide around in the clart... though it is does get a bit remoralising cleaning a full susser every time you ride!!

Norton... that single track is not in the portes de soleil... so it's up near cham then n'est pa??
Not too far from Cham .....

clm

• forum hero
#111 Re: Leg shavers anonymous
June 20, 2007, 06:02:16 pm
Yossarian, Bubba.  Do they pay you guys in bars of gold for the work you do.  I get pleased with myself when i get the first new bike ive had in 12 yers and you go flashing the bling - some people.  I suppose they arent your only bikes eh?

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#112 Re: Leg shavers anonymous
June 20, 2007, 06:22:45 pm

You're fucking joking - i earn fuck all at the moment. Took me about 3 months to scrounge and cobble together the bits for the hardtail, and my DH bike is only a Big Hit which are pretty el cheapo :)

webbo

• forum hero
#113 Re: Leg shavers anonymous
June 21, 2007, 08:12:58 am
having no money is no excuse for not having a good bike.sell the kids,wife or even yourself.

Yossarian

• forum hero
#114 Re: Leg shavers anonymous
June 21, 2007, 02:01:19 pm
I bought the Litespeed frame and forks secondhand, and rebuilt it with the bits off my 12 year old Cannondale. I got the Whyte 46 cheap cos I know the guys who run the operation - a nice mutual back scratching arrangement.  The jump bike I got quite cheap as a previous years model, then set about pimping it. Those Fox 36 forks came via ebay from some bloke in Taiwan new and boxed - I reckon he works at the factory and pinched them.

I am in the process of deciding whether I should buy a heavier duty freeride bike.  I will almost certainly pay for that via a pay a deposit now, sell my girlfriend into slavery this time next year scheme.

Percy B

• forum hero
    • www.climbingworks.com
#115 Re: Leg shavers anonymous
June 21, 2007, 04:27:33 pm
Leg shavers pr0n can be found here - www.poshbikes.com

A pair of road wheels that weigh 870 grams - 2 grand please!

We can but dream.......

Yossarian

• forum hero
#116 Re: Leg shavers anonymous
June 22, 2007, 09:20:40 am
i was going to buy one of those ax lightness saddles from poshbikes. then i pinched myself and woke up. besides, i would feel very guilty abandoning my marco pantani embroidered flite. the little chap with the funny ears has been a fine companion through much pain and suffering. admittedly, he was responsible for some of the worst pain and suffering. after 8 hours in the vietnamese rain perched on his rock hard contours we became blood brothers.

i do find it quite amusing that the marco saddle generates such glee amongst my fellow cyclists. i don't think an "I love Ben Johnson" t-shirt and matching trainers would go down particularly well at the athletics track...

webbo

• forum hero
#117 Re: Leg shavers anonymous
June 22, 2007, 09:34:38 am

i do find it quite amusing that the marco saddle generates such glee amongst my fellow cyclists. i don't think an "I love Ben Johnson" t-shirt and matching trainers would go down particularly well at the athletics track...

however my floyd landis signature scrotum sack gets nothing but derision.

Simon S

• menacing presence
#118 Re: Leg shavers anonymous
June 22, 2007, 10:10:50 am
I'm a happy man this morning having just added a mountain bike to my collection. Can't say as I thought that I'd get into mtbing but the temptation of more kit and getting away from the traffic finally won me over. One day I'm sure that the wife will twig that some of the bike haven't been ridden for......well lets not go there! Besides the optimum number of bikes is X+1 (where X is the number of bikes you already own).

Trying to training for one sport is hard enough to fit in timewise. I find that riding to and from work is the only way to really get the miles in without totally letting go of the climbing fitness (such that it is).

Yossarian

• forum hero
#119 Re: Leg shavers anonymous
June 22, 2007, 10:31:31 am
good point. still, floyd isn't quite the marketing man's dream that the pirate was.  i mean, can you imagine...

Floyd's Testosto-Steak - Packed full of all your favourite hormones

Landis Legal Services - Sporting scandals our speciality

LeMond Bicycles present the Floyd Landis signature model, complete with Fault-EE brakes, BROKN Forks and Auto-Greasing rims

marty

• menacing presence
#120 Re: Leg shavers anonymous
June 22, 2007, 11:03:46 pm
nice steed luce. Our Si is selling his downhiller after another tumble - shagged his knee...... Not quite upto the break leaver in his leg, but close.

fatboySlimfast

• forum hero
#121 Re: Leg shavers anonymous
June 23, 2007, 12:17:49 pm
Our Si is selling his downhiller after another tumble
Ive heard, spoke to him other week week! might be passing your way soon on way to the northern coast, will give you a shout if near.

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#122 Re: Leg shavers anonymous
June 23, 2007, 02:08:54 pm
Besides the optimum number of bikes is X+1 (where X is the number of bikes you already own).

You are a wise man - this is very true :)

marty

• menacing presence
#123 Re: Leg shavers anonymous
June 24, 2007, 10:45:28 am
fbsf, we are off to Germany on 5th July until 23rd - other than that we shd be around for the rest of the summer.

If you fancy a stop off on your way ooop north let me know. We are about half an hour from the trossach for bouldering, and there's a fair bit of biking to go at aswell.
~ 4-5 hours from sheffield.

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
#124 Re: Leg shavers anonymous
June 24, 2007, 04:29:11 pm
After just 6 weeks months of road bike ownership I've definately caught the bug - I really love it.  Last night I did my neighbours hill training circuit around Chinley/Hayfield/Sparrowpit and it was f*cking murder but I enjoyed every minute.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal