UKBouldering.com

Sprained ankle rehab (Read 1569 times)

matthew

• menacing presence
Sprained ankle rehab
April 19, 2007, 12:27:38 pm
Buggared up my ankle in Morocco 5weeks ago... Even had a hospital trip whilst there. It's still knackering, doctors refuse to comment for another 4weeks (when they will see me again). Anybody got any good rehab excercises strengthen the tendons?

Cheers,
matt

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#1 Re: Sprained ankle rehab
April 19, 2007, 12:55:53 pm
have you had it x rayed to make sure it's just a sprain?

if the swelling has gone down, just lifting your foot and moving your toes round in circles and up and down is a good starting point. Stop if it hurts though. The start lifting yourself on your toes with a bit of weitht, then increase it.

Been asked on here before, got some good advice, do a site search.

matthew

• menacing presence
#2 Re: Sprained ankle rehab
April 19, 2007, 02:07:17 pm
Yeah was xray in Morocco, did try get it redone over here just in case they missed it, but the reply was "an xray is an xay" and if it was fractured it would have started healing by now anyway... Still a fair bit of hard but not tender swelling in front of the ankle bone. the actual ankle bone is still fairly sensitive.

Krank

• junky
  • VIVA LA CHAPEL
  • Its meant to be hard
#3 Re: Sprained ankle rehab
April 19, 2007, 03:47:18 pm
i fooked my ankles loads of times skateboarding and the best thing i got was a big elastic band from the physio.  You put both feet in it, once both feet are in and there is some tension in the band you move the injured foot (using the ankle) away from the good foot. this is apparently the only exercise that strengthens the muscles that hold the ankle in place. Go see a physio and they will hook you up. hope this helps

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal