UKBouldering.com

D1x failure (Read 2013 times)

climbalive

• regular
D1x failure
March 29, 2007, 11:43:58 am
Hi, i have a Nikon D1x that i was lent by a press group but will have to give it back soon but it is now failing. The problem is that it turns on and everything works fine except the fact that it doesn't do what it should and wont take the bloody shot. It works perfectly fine for about 1 hour after charging but then starts failing with the battery still supposedly fully charged, the problem started occurring after an extremely cold day and it is just a copy battery not an original Nikon, could it be the battery or is it more likely to be something faulty with the camera. by the way it has never been dropped while i have had it and has always been looked after properly so personally i doubt this, just thought i would be better asking for a few other peoples opinions, cheers

dave

#1 Re: D1x failure
March 29, 2007, 12:26:43 pm
if its fine for a while then goes you'd expect that to be the battery rather than the camera. but sounds weird anyway. d1xs are pretty old now so if the battery is years old it could just be not holding charge. i wouldn't give much credance to what the camera's battery display says, they can be all over the place. see if you can borrow a battery of someone else, or try running the camera off the mains to see if it still happens. or get hold of a multimeter and try and establish if the output of the battery is still good. or you could try running the battery through a few full recharge-discharge cycles, might revive it depending on the type of battery chemistry.

climbalive

• regular
#2 Re: D1x failure
March 31, 2007, 09:43:49 am
thanks for the reassurance i thought it may be the battery but wasn't too sure, the camera is back with its owners now and they know the problem and i aren't having t buy a new battery  :)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal