UKBouldering.com

Marble wall (Read 2116 times)

Johnny Brown

• forum hero
Marble wall
June 23, 2003, 07:18:03 pm
Top summer venue - anyone been up recently?
There is an awesome looking wall, well chalked, with moves that look huge. Anyone know what it is? Its in a giant boulder choke so good conditions as its in the shade all day. Catches the breeze too. Slopey trav for you bumpy types too.
Judging by the patio landing I'm guessing its Jerry's work:wink:

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#1 Re: Marble wall
June 24, 2003, 09:15:38 am
Quote from: "Johnny Brown"
Its in a giant boulder choke so good conditions as its in the shade all day.

Aaaagh - boulder choke = caving flashbacks!

Where is this in relation to Nectar/Harvest ?

dave

#2 Marble wall
June 24, 2003, 09:19:25 am
The beta lads did this recently, is it anywhere near where you are on about JB?

Johnny Brown

• forum hero
#3 Marble wall
June 24, 2003, 10:33:50 am
Those beta lads are right on the money. the hard problem is in the cave behind. Don't be thinkin its small tho'....
The slopey trav comes in from the left to finish on the same holds as they are on. A full evenings entertainment for sure.
Its more or less directly below terazza crack, ie 10m left of nectar, 'bout 10m below the crag.
Conditions are looking good for tonight....

Bonjoy

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Leafy gent
#4 Marble wall
June 24, 2003, 02:32:08 pm
The problem in the boulder choke is The Greenroom Slap (tough V7), done by Kim and me (Kim first) in early April, details in the problem database. Have done the sit start but haven't linked it with the slap yet (hav'nt been on it since April infact). Should be a really good v8+/v9ish prob. Had a couple of goes on the trav but it was very scrunchy/sandy. Saw chalk on an up prob at end of traverse, looked v6ish.  Who are the beta boys??

Bonjoy

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Leafy gent
#5 Marble wall
June 24, 2003, 02:38:59 pm
Glad you appreciated my drystone walling/crazy paving skills.

dave

#6 Marble wall
July 07, 2003, 10:36:29 am
Went and had a look at this lot on friday - it was baltic. GRS looked good, almost did it, but was getting really dark by then (being in a cave don't help) as we had been doing routes. The sitter looks a goer. Also tried ian's Sort Top Beetle which he said B5/6 to me, but we couldn't do it, felt more like V6, first moves are OK, but weird finish gastining a slopey crack thing, and dodgy landing, good effort that lad.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal