UKBouldering.com

Young badger steps it up in 'The Wales'. (Read 2787 times)

c.j.d.

• forum abuser
  • Great.
Young badger steps it up in 'The Wales'.
March 25, 2007, 09:27:03 pm
Original young man, Adam Hocking, stepped up the mark in Wales yesterday with a walloping 1st ascent of In You Honour sit start (Waddy Sector, Ogwen Valley).  This is a fantastic piece of climbing with some pretty techy foot work - definitely worthy of a drive if 7c+ is your grade.  Also, 'The Stack' added a sit start to his very own Le Prow (Milestone Buttress, Ogwen).  I repeated the original version at 7c, so the blond Hoff reckoned, again, 7c+ - prize move on this one people, so get on it.  Continuing his quest, climbings very own Barry Manilow sent the second ascent's of Swamp Thing (7c) and Coney Island Cyclone (7b+(both at Waddy sector)), and finished off with an ascent of The Sting (original sequence, 7c) and The Stung (7b+/c?).  Well done that badger.

p.s. Not to be out done by the young ankle grabber, I returned to climb The Sting without the face holds i.e. pull on and slap the top - 7c+?  Its called The Stoing, and yes, it is an eliminate with a name.  Old school - you bet. 8)

Scouse D

• forum hero
The Stoing sounds fuckin awesome.

fatneck

• forum hero
  • Fishing Helm
Loving the report style there Chris. You should write more.

Pantontino

• forum hero
    • www.northwalesbouldering.com
Some pics of Pete Robins attempting the In Your Honour sds:

http://www.northwalesbouldering.com/newsitem.asp?nsid=255

This project has been ripe for picking for a long time now. A fine effort from the Hockstacker.

Doylo

• forum hero
Nice, saw Hock in the cave today and can confirm, he is climbing well  :o

Greg C

• forum hero
Looks excellent, good work Hock. Sounds like it's a good job your in Wales... otherwise there be nowt left up here for us to do. 

JohnM

• junky
What is the original sequence on The Sting and what is the Stung?  I pull on with the low crimp for the left with my right hand in the undercut, go again for the higher crimp and try and pull right through to the top.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal