UKBouldering.com

Soya Isolate Protein Powder (Read 1915 times)

Monolith

• forum hero
  • Straight outta Cronton.
Soya Isolate Protein Powder
March 22, 2007, 12:08:30 pm
Been using this Holland and Barrett branded stuff for a few weeks now. I'm just very skeptical as to the efficiency of these soya products. Anyone any word on your experiences with this sheet?

Stubbs

#1 Re: Soya Isolate Protein Powder
March 22, 2007, 12:23:35 pm
I use it, and I certainly haven't felt any worse for it, but without another me as a control I find it hard to say if it's doing any benefit! How come you chose the soya one, are you vegan? If i wasn't vegan i'd be getting involved in something containing animal products, like cyclone or similar.

Monolith

• forum hero
  • Straight outta Cronton.
#2 Re: Soya Isolate Protein Powder
March 22, 2007, 12:37:39 pm
I was a vegetarian for all of my life until fairly recently and suspecting I was likely to come back to the dark side of vegetarianism, I purchased a large tub of the soya stuff. I know almost nothing about the complexity of protein structures and hence wondered if non-animal sources were 'complex' enough?

Stubbs

#3 Re: Soya Isolate Protein Powder
March 22, 2007, 12:49:48 pm
Hmmm, can't offer any SCIENCE on the complexity of the amino acids available in the soy isolate.  Do you not have dairy products in your diet then? As far as I'm aware the best selling products are Whey based without any other animal ingredients.

clm

• forum hero
#4 Re: Soya Isolate Protein Powder
March 22, 2007, 06:26:25 pm
Plant protein sources are meant to class as 2nd class protein which means they do not have all the essential amino acids in one go.  thus you have to eat a good n varied veggie diet to gett all that you could by eating meat.  This approach obviously works - look at westies big guns!!
Soya is allege dto be high in plant oestrogens which will make your willy small.  I dont mind this cos mine is tiny.

jwi

• forum hero
    • On Steep Ground
#5 Re: Soya Isolate Protein Powder
March 23, 2007, 04:28:17 am
Soya is allege dto be high in plant oestrogens which will make your willy small.

Aha! So that's the reason it's almost impossible to find decent sized condomes here in the land of the rising sun! Interesting...

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal