UKBouldering.com

How many have climbed 8a route in the UK? (Read 24638 times)

andy_e

• forum hero
I noticed that last summer, those at Kilnsey seemed to be the same faces you would have seen a few years ago too, no doubt. I always thought sport climbing was trendy, turns out I was wrong. Even though I'm shit I still love falling off!

Andy F

• forum hero
  • Ex-ex-climber
I noticed that last summer, those at Kilnsey seemed to be the same faces you would have seen a few years ago too, no doubt. I always thought sport climbing was trendy, turns out I was wrong. Even though I'm shit I still love falling off!

Almost as much as I love watching you nearly deck out  :o.  Just don't try that trick on the Ashes youth  :o  :o

andy_e

• forum hero
Haha, the runout is scary to belay you on because you got out of sight whilst running it out, I was worried you'd come back into view going very quickly towards the dust... Thankfully you never did (when I was belaying!)

ian dunn

• player
Now Steve Mc is a dad and he's nearly got 500 routes of 8a and above there is no excuses.  He mentioned that he should make the 500 one his trip to spain next week, he's on 497.

JR

• forum abuser
Well, I know of three who have climbed 8b> who both have kids.....

I'm assuming you meant >8b there Dan?

Otherwise you just included pretty much all the climbing population.

...and whilst we're at bad maths; three who both?  What happened to the other one?

;)

« Last Edit: March 16, 2007, 02:37:20 pm by JR, Reason: bad grammar »

north_country_boy

• junky
Well spotted JR, I was trying to not get spotted posting on UKB while at work, hence the rushed unchecked reply.....

Sorry, yeah Three who have climbed at least 8b or above,who have kids....

Teaboy

• forum hero
As of yesterday its an unknown figure plus one. I'm so happy!

Johnny Brown

• forum hero
Effort.

is it not also apparent to you that most of those who do choose to sport climb are operating (averagely) at a much higher grade than all of the grit climbers?

You need to go down horseshoe once in a while. Even if you haven't been, aren't you amazed at the numbers of cars everytime you drive past? I am.
I think the proportions are much the same, just that there aren't so many limestone crags that cater for all grades, whereas most grit crags do.

Andy F

• forum hero
  • Ex-ex-climber

Are you the pround owner of the 'Raindogs scream' I heard yesterday? Is so, good effort youth. I was on the upper Tier so couldn't see you do it, but heard the result (if indeed it was you on Raindogs).

north_country_boy

• junky
Haha, no that was me Andy! Combination of power scream on last move and relief.  :oops:

IanP

• forum abuser
Haha, no that was me Andy! Combination of power scream on last move and relief.  :oops:

Serious redpoint weekend by the look of it - routes were going down like skittles  :thumbsup:

Unfortunately I managed to fail twice at the same point, 1 move or so from glory, maybe next week  :shrug:

Andy F

• forum hero
  • Ex-ex-climber

Effort youth, have some waddage.

north_country_boy

• junky
Cheers Andy, another in the queue for overnite now..... :please:

Andy F

• forum hero
  • Ex-ex-climber
I'll be back in that queue soon enough myself, just need to get a couple of other things polished off.

Monolith

• forum hero
  • Straight outta Cronton.
Thought Overnight was top priority Andy? Still early in the year muh'lad...

Andy F

• forum hero
  • Ex-ex-climber
Overnight is top priority but I need to build up some base fitness before I get back on it. I can do all the moves, just lack the stamina to link them from bottom to top, hence I'm doing other things (like pumpy 7c+'s) to build up to Overnight. I have a cunning plan m'lord  :goodidea:

Doylo

• forum hero
Is the official spelling Overnight or Overnite? - always confuses me

Andy F

• forum hero
  • Ex-ex-climber
Overnite, according to Rockfax database: http://www.rockfax.com/databases/r.php?i=2886

davej

• obsessive maniac
  • up yours baby
Hi monolith think it was you who gave us the loan of your rope on fri at awesome cheers how did your trip to woodwell go dave

Richie Crouch

• forum hero
  • G Time
That was my rope Dave! Monolith was at the wall though teaching the kids some skills  :lol:

Our trip went well and most of Woodwell main was in good nick after the sun came out (although the first moves on AOSD were too wet for Owen to work). O'ert Road was too wet to climb on but we got to have a play on Red Wall down at Trowbarrow afterwards too. We will definitely be getting back up there as soon as possible :)

davej

• obsessive maniac
  • up yours baby
Hi rich sorry about that thanks again for the loan of the rope. let me know when your up again and will try and meet up with you guys only live about 15mins from woodwell!!!! cheers dave

fatneck

• forum hero
  • Fishing Helm
Quote from: Rich
That was my rope Dave!

I'll take it you didn't fall on it then Dave?
Seeing as you're not in hospital like

Monolith

• forum hero
Personally, I'd prefer to tie into a braided tramps beard before tying into Rich's rope.

Aye dave, pop on over for the next kids class where the whip will be getting most definitely cracked.

Monolith

• forum hero
Is the official spelling Overnight or Overnite? - always confuses me

If, as I imagine, the route is named after one of my all-time favourite albums, the official spelling is Over-nite.

Richie Crouch

• forum hero
  • G Time
Quote from: Rich
That was my rope Dave!

I'll take it you didn't fall on it then Dave?
Seeing as you're not in hospital like

It's fkin sound kid.. me maaa got it from Garston Market for 5 quid  ;)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal