UKBouldering.com

Quitting smoking made me weaker! (Read 8294 times)

Eddies

• forum hero
#25 Re: Quitting smoking made me weaker!
March 20, 2007, 11:12:49 pm
Bah, giving up smoking is for quitters!
I only really smoke when im in the pub, but usualy cain at least 20 pre-fabs on a satdee night.
Saying that i dont usually smoke during the week, of find i have a craving for it neither unless its really sunny!!

Theres nothing that quite beats a good smoke ontop of my favourite boulder on a beautiful summers day in the shire

Carnage

• forum hero
  • Pommie Bastard
#26 Re: Quitting smoking made me weaker!
March 20, 2007, 11:17:58 pm
Don't beat yourself up over it.

For a lot of folk it takes a few qoes to quit completely. If you really still want to give up you shouldn't completely collapse back into it, but see it as blip, and have another crack.

Took me a few lapses, but then it got to the point where I knew I was over it physically so any want to smoke was purely mental. It was then easier to convince myself not to do it.

Don't give up on giving up.  :)
« Last Edit: March 20, 2007, 11:28:02 pm by Carnage »

butters

• forum hero
  • Natural Born Punter
  • Everything's a grade harder hauling these 'burns!!
    • blog of butters
#27 Re: Quitting smoking made me weaker!
March 20, 2007, 11:24:24 pm
Unlucky Golt - just write it off as experience and have another go.

Just out of interest did you really want to quit or where you doing it because it is expected of you as I think you really have to want to do it for yourself to get off cigarettes? I have been sans cigarettes for 10 weeks now after about 18 years of smoking (with a couple of short periods of quitting in there) but I spent the best part of two years prior to actually quitting getting myself psyched to do it. I kept telling myself that I was going to stop and it was just a matter of when I stopped not if - didn't think that it was going to take nearly two years though....

bluebrad

PS Hope I don't sound like a preaching ex smoker here BTW.

Mike Tyson

• forum hero
#28 Re: Quitting smoking made me weaker!
March 21, 2007, 01:12:20 pm
I think hand on heart I don't want to quit at present, and I tried as it was expected of me. You hit the nail on the head there blubrad!

Cheers for the advice as well, I'll try and get myself keen to stop, but I am enjoying it too much at the moment! I know that sounds weird, but I don't think now is the time to stop. I have been enjoying every regular smoke, first thing in the morning, one with a brew, one with supper, one before I go to bed.......... etc etc The list goes on.

I think I need to really focussed to actually quit, and that aint gonna happen for a wee while yet   :'(

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a
#29 Re: Quitting smoking made me weaker!
March 21, 2007, 07:49:56 pm
I think hand on heart I don't want to quit at present, and I tried as it was expected of me.

I've not smoked for 7 months now.  Getting easier I think.  I think the only reason I managed to stop was because the timing felt right.
You'll stop if you really want to.  Don't worry about it, just have a fag  :lol:

Nibile

• forum hero
  • Part Animal Part Machine
    • TOTOLORE
#30 Re: Quitting smoking made me weaker!
March 21, 2007, 10:35:52 pm
on a side note, my father just quit smoking, and hes 67!!!
im very happy about that.

lorentz

• obsessive maniac
#31 Re: Quitting smoking made me weaker!
March 22, 2007, 01:11:46 pm
Heh heh :D: Nice one, Nibs.

My grandfather gave up smoking his pipe in his early 80s. He's now 95 and still going strong. It's never too late to give up!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal