UKBouldering.com

Core Stability Classes (Read 1768 times)

bigphil

• menacing presence
Core Stability Classes
February 11, 2007, 06:14:45 pm
Does anyone know of any core stability classes in Sheffield?  I'm specifically looking for a small class that uses a swiss ball and not stuff like yoga or pilates.  I know yoga and pilates work the inner core muscles but they aren't as specific as the swiss ball classes.  I really need to do some proactive exercises so that I stop pulling back muscles during everything that I do.  At the moment I'm pulling a muscle every 2-3 months and its putting me out of action for 2-4 weeks everytime.  Cheers for any help.

Phil

Johnny Brown

• forum hero
#1 Re: Core Stability Classes
February 11, 2007, 06:25:19 pm
Zaff's yoga class has sorted my back problems out better than physio did. It improves posture as well as working core muscles, I wouldn't write it off at all. You can always supplement it with some swiss ball stuff at home.

bigphil

• menacing presence
#2 Re: Core Stability Classes
February 12, 2007, 09:43:41 am
Its not that I've dismissed it out of hand but the chiropracter suggested that swiss ball stuff would be more specific and effective in the long-term, especially if done in a small group where the feedback is better.  He did say that pilates and yoga would be alright as well but perhaps not quite as specific and also they tend to be larger classes.  Thanks for the info though.  I might get back to you about Zaff's.  Is that the class that pretty much everyone in sheffield went to for a while last year?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal