UKBouldering.com

The Gop (Read 2619 times)

Monolith

• forum hero
  • Straight outta Cronton.
The Gop
February 03, 2007, 01:48:31 pm
Scouting through the archives, I came across The Gop. Is there a procedure for discovering its location? Does it involve homosexual contact? Who's the gatekeeper etc? Can anyone shed any light?

NWB article

unclesomebody

• forum hero
  • 1-5-NEIN!
  • more business, less party.
#1 Re: The Gop
February 03, 2007, 06:03:57 pm
it brings joy to my heart to see "the gop" on the internet. The true gatekeeper I don't know, but I do know that doyle is the acting gatekeeper. I'm sure panton can enlighten you as to it's location. I have been and it is a good locals venue, like the mwyn, but it's not worth driving over for. Actually, the mwyn is really good, but somewhat limited.

disclaimer. grades at the gop are not normal grades, they exist in a world of their own.

Monolith

• forum hero
#2 Re: The Gop
February 03, 2007, 06:09:05 pm
Aye, thought it might be a local'un. Prestatyn is reached pretty quickly from my gaff so may be worth a nip out some day. Are you out in Switzerland Uncle? I believe so, fucking rip it up out there man.

Pantontino

• forum hero
    • www.northwalesbouldering.com
#3 Re: The Gop
February 03, 2007, 09:26:43 pm
I haven't been yet, but I have seen a film of Sam on his Mwyn project; it looked very cool, and needless to say, very hard.

Doylo is yer man for approach details. Perhaps he might take a moment out from his packed itinerary at Hueco to enlighten us.

Richie Crouch

• forum hero
  • G Time
#4 Re: The Gop
February 04, 2007, 12:26:57 am
"a secret limestone cave" & "Typically the problems are 1-3 moves long and brutally powerful"

Sounds like my bag Tom! Need to get off that gritstone or I will have no skin left come limestone season  ;)

Doylo

• forum hero
#5 Re: The Gop
February 04, 2007, 01:44:02 am
hola!

i have to post on the gop thread as its only 5 minutes from my house. it lies on bryn gop the hillside above the small village of trelawnyd near prestatyn.as you drive through the village towards dyserth,take a right after the shop,park opposite a public  footpath,you walk through someones garden.it lies in the middle of the hill. near the top.as uncle said its prob not worth a big drive and is prob only worth a visit if you climb font 7b/+.the 8as there are pretty cool, they would be hard v12 here in hueco.have fun

Monolith

• forum hero
#6 Re: The Gop
February 04, 2007, 01:39:15 pm
Cheers Doylo & co.

I continue to wonder if there are still undiscovered gems like this in the surrounding areas.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal