UKBouldering.com

New Churnet Oddities. (Read 56772 times)

Ena

• addict
    • cadreweb
#125 Re: New Churnet Oddities.
September 17, 2008, 02:30:59 pm
I couldn't find it! Sorry. To be honest I didn't have much time and was probably just looking in the wrong spot.  I'll try again in the winter without the sherpa burden of a monster pad, but won't be over there for a bit. I did see 3 adders though! This block could be approached from the cafe side from the path that runs up from the tombstone like rocks? That's where I came down. Went up to Wrights in the end - top conditions.

How you find these blocks is a mystery to me, but keep looking!

rainbow

• menacing presence
#126 Re: New Churnet Oddities.
September 18, 2008, 09:08:05 pm
I couldn't find it! Sorry. To be honest I didn't have much time and was probably just looking in the wrong spot.  I'll try again in the winter without the sherpa burden of a monster pad, but won't be over there for a bit. I did see 3 adders though! This block could be approached from the cafe side from the path that runs up from the tombstone like rocks? That's where I came down. Went up to Wrights in the end - top conditions.

How you find these blocks is a mystery to me, but keep looking!

3 adders! All the time i've spent down there never seen one. Not complaining mind you, thats the last thing I want to come across while bush wacking. Yes you can go from the cafe side, just been doubleling back on youself. Next time you come, drop me a line, may be able to meet up, as I have my days off mid week. :great:

Ena

• addict
    • cadreweb
#127 Re: New Churnet Oddities.
September 19, 2008, 09:32:48 am
That sounds great, but it won't be for ages. I've got an operation due soon and wanted to get some grit in first. But once the valley is back on the agenda I'll be keen to get some of these oddities done.

I'd seen a common lizard and a slow worm at Wrights (on the path walking up) but not seen adders before. I had two clear sightings and one maybe slithering off. One just sat in front of me for a few minutes. Nice. I wasn't tempted to wrestle it Austin Stevens style though: "Look it's really angry now!" And when I staggered on it soon poked off away. They're pretty shy, so you should be safe! 

Mirf

• player
    • www.leopoldkroll.com
#128 Re: New Churnet Oddities.
September 20, 2008, 10:45:20 pm
Came across an Adder up at Back Bowden in Northumberland, It was'nt shy. Really stood it's ground wasn't going to mess with it. There's a wealth of wildlife down't churnet. Gonna try and get over there next week

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal