UKBouldering.com

Campus Rung Fingerboard (Read 3723 times)

Tim Broughtonshaw

• obsessive maniac
Campus Rung Fingerboard
January 22, 2007, 09:52:31 am
Hi,
   I've got a fingerboard (beacon one) but i find resin unusable after a session at the wall. I fancy getting hold of a campus rung as one as it should be less painful on the skin. Think Dave Mcleod uses one. Anyone know where to get hold of  a single rung? i dont have space for a full campus board anywhere at my house so 7 rungs seems a waste of money. Wouldnt mind buying some wood with the right dimensions from B&Q etc if this is possible but any form of shaping/sanding the wood is not an option as im crap and lazy at such diy. :whistle:

Cheers
Tim

unclesomebody

• forum hero
  • 1-5-NEIN!
  • more business, less party.
#1 Re: Campus Rung Fingerboard
January 22, 2007, 09:56:42 am
I can send you one for a nominal fee of £10 plus postage and packing. Obviously this is just a piece of wood that I have bought from B&Q, cut and sanded a little, and have charged you for.

fatdoc

• forum hero
  • old and fearful
    • http://www.pincheswall.co.uk
#2 Re: Campus Rung Fingerboard
January 22, 2007, 11:20:53 am
this is laziness of the umteenth degree. if you cant b arsed to make one, are you really gonna bother to use it??

i'll make / sell / post you one

£20 + p & p ok?

Monolith

• forum hero
  • Straight outta Cronton.
#3 Re: Campus Rung Fingerboard
January 22, 2007, 11:53:01 am
If you really are that lazy and don't want to chop wood. Pay way over the odds for these

Or why not take up Uncle or Fatdoc's deal?

If you want some immaculately shaped wooden micro holds, drop me a line. It's all I can find to do with my pithy days at the moment.

Tim Broughtonshaw

• obsessive maniac
#4 Re: Campus Rung Fingerboard
January 22, 2007, 03:14:57 pm
Thanks for the suggestions. ;)

Anyhow's just been to B&Poo and got a length of picture rail. It appears to be the ideal type of wood. rounded at the top and about a centimetre and a half deep. Guess this needs mounting on some marine ply then? direct into brick with rawl plugs?

Cheers
Tim

fatdoc

• forum hero
  • old and fearful
#5 Re: Campus Rung Fingerboard
January 22, 2007, 06:01:42 pm
to avoid beginner DIY *bollocks, that rawl has gone into morter not solid brick* moments mount the rung on solid ply / high quality MDF and then rawl into the wall.... use  a supporting wall... if you hit morter then just try another place for the rawl...

Tim Broughtonshaw

• obsessive maniac
#6 Re: Campus Rung Fingerboard
January 22, 2007, 11:10:56 pm
aye suspected so. guess i can no-nails and screw the picture rail to the ply and then mount the ply. Should give me the opportunity to mount some additional holds as well.

cheers
tim

fatdoc

• forum hero
  • old and fearful
#7 Re: Campus Rung Fingerboard
January 23, 2007, 09:28:36 pm
now yr talkin.....

hope it works for you mate!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal