UKBouldering.com

Outlook (Read 4176 times)

unclesomebody

• forum hero
  • 1-5-NEIN!
  • more business, less party.
Outlook
January 09, 2007, 03:01:36 pm
I really need to be able to do the following. I have one email account configured with outlook, let's say it's x@home.com

When I compose an email, I wish to be able to choose between sending it as x@home.com or sending it as y@home.com. ie. I want different reply paths. I can do this so easily in gmail, but want to do it in outlook. Isn't there just a drop down menu that lets you select who to send as??? I don't want to configure another email account, although I have tried this. The problem is I only want to make it look like it came from another address... but also to reply to that different address. So if it's sent from y@home.com it replies to y@home.com and if it comes from x@home.com it replies to x@home.com

is this allowed? or would it be too open to abuse so it isn't designed to do it? Help please!
« Last Edit: January 09, 2007, 03:22:46 pm by unclesomebody »

squeek

• junky
#1 Re: Outlook
January 09, 2007, 04:21:14 pm
Can you not just set up different accounts and choose which one to use when you're sending an email?

unclesomebody

• forum hero
  • 1-5-NEIN!
#2 Re: Outlook
January 09, 2007, 04:24:46 pm
the saga continues; I only actually have one email account. This is x@home.com. I can send and recieve happily all day with this. However, I have another email address associated with a domain that has forwarding set up. There is no pop3 mailbox set up here, JUST forwarding to x@home. So if someone sends an email to y@home.com it get's forwarded automatically to x@home.com where I have the pop3 mailbox to check it.  However, I wish to send as y@home.com aswell. I know there is a solution, I just have to find it.

squeek

• junky
#3 Re: Outlook
January 09, 2007, 04:36:53 pm
I don't have outlook in front of me to check, but can you not just set up another account y@home.com, without a pop3 server, but with the same server details that you send x@home.com on.  Test that the server works, then choose the y@home.com account when you want to send from that account.

Quick search found this:
http://ask-leo.com/why_is_outlook_sending_email_using_the_wrong_account.html

unclesomebody

• forum hero
  • 1-5-NEIN!
#4 Re: Outlook
January 09, 2007, 04:58:30 pm
I did exactly that squeek, but outlook won't work without a valid pop server. Thanks for the link. I'm pretty sure I covered my back with what he said but I'll check again tomorrow.

unclesomebody

• forum hero
  • 1-5-NEIN!
#5 Re: Outlook
January 10, 2007, 08:27:56 am
If I did that I would download 2 copies of every message. I could do that and then set outlook only to send/recieve on one account and exclusively send on the other account (but then I'd probably find you can't do that either).

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
    • Bouldering POI's for tomtom
#6 Re: Outlook
January 11, 2007, 01:15:51 pm
am working off of mammory...
How do you get a Job like that???  :o

Johnny Brown

• forum hero
#7 Re: Outlook
January 11, 2007, 01:27:39 pm
Who knows, but I'll warrant it wasn't by claiming to be a master baker yet making crustless bread by just cutting the crusts off

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
#8 Re: Outlook
January 11, 2007, 01:41:04 pm
nothing gets past the smart yoof of today

unclesomebody

• forum hero
  • 1-5-NEIN!
#9 Re: Outlook
January 11, 2007, 04:31:46 pm
If anyone cares, this is a solution. I have set up two accounts, and simply disabled the ability of one account to recieve emails (to stop duplicate emails). Now I can send through the servers of the first account using either email. Thanks to those who tried to help.

ps. Is it physically possible to bake bread without a crust?

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
#10 Re: Outlook
January 11, 2007, 04:51:39 pm
of course not.
you could steam it and you wouldn't get a traditional crust but you would still get a outer layer type skin that would still I'm sure would be defined as a crust

Johnny Brown

• forum hero
#11 Re: Outlook
January 11, 2007, 05:49:43 pm
Invisible Crust is created by gently baking the bread in specially designed tins at a lower temperature, which ensures the surface does not get very hot and so no crust forms.

Crustless loaves are already available in countries including Italy, Spain and the US, but these are created by cutting the crusts off after baking, RHM said.

Perhaps if you really were a master baker (3rd dan) you would have come up with this rather than watch Hovis patent it.

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
#12 Re: Outlook
January 11, 2007, 06:54:40 pm
to be honest my only intrest in bread is in my paypacket

dobbin

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Buoux 7a
#13 Re: Outlook
January 12, 2007, 09:46:55 am
I thought you really cared about bread too. Ah well, another of my false idols distroyed.

Right, you are going about this all about cock. You have two mail addresses, one of which is forwarded to the other. You want to be able to send as the one you cant collect? Simply turn on the From field in outlook (start a new mail, Click view, tick the from box) and specify what ever you want.

unclesomebody

• forum hero
  • 1-5-NEIN!
#14 Re: Outlook
January 12, 2007, 09:55:18 am
Dobbin, it doesn't work if you do that. I'm not sure if it's a mail server problem or something else, but it doesn't work.

dobbin

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Buoux 7a
#15 Re: Outlook
January 12, 2007, 06:28:45 pm
Perhaps outbound mail server is configured not to allow relaying or summat. You see an error message when you address a message with a different sender address?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal