Theraputic ultrasound (Read 2157 times)

fatdoc

• forum hero
  • old and fearful
    • http://www.pincheswall.co.uk
Theraputic ultrasound
January 02, 2007, 10:09:16 pm
Right, i need some help here...

I'm considering buying a theraputic ultrasound machine... i'm carrying many old and new injuries and in the past it's helped. Ankles and elbows in the main.

Now, i know the evidence base is very variable, including some meta analyses... but hey.. if it works it works... non invasive, non painful and quick and easy.

A session at a physio will cost £20 to £35 quid. A machine would be £600!!!!!! it's only 4 ankle sprains and a good dose of climbers elbow however ( 5 yrs worth of my injuries i suppose)

any physios  / osteos etc on here able to tell me what the advantages of 1 mhz and 3 mhz probes are??? is pulsed ultrasound better?? - cos they cost a fair bit more - and whats the optimal treatment frequency??

surprisingly the www. isnt too full on info on all this... i know i could buy a book, but i'm just asking what people think really.

basically any advice would be really appreciated... i'd let you use the kit for a true knock down price / free if you wanna use it on yourself or some private cases / mates if i get one!! I'll not need it for months, then need it intensively for short periods of time... no point it gathering dust - though i would be prepared to use it on mates when injured!!

Think of it as the ukb ultrasound machine :great:

is this viable??

webbo

• forum hero
#1 Re: Theraputic ultrasound
January 03, 2007, 07:58:19 am
i don't know owt about the machines,but i've a mate who runs a bike shop who gets bad elbows from all the spannering.hes got a mate who is a remedial therapist/physio who lends him a machine so he can treat himself.
don't argos sell some sort of home treatment ultra sound machine.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal