June 11, 2003, 11:50:57 am
Cant seem to access...

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#1 Photo section broken?
June 11, 2003, 11:57:43 am
Oh bastard, not again!

This happens about every 5 days due to a mysterious java bug. It's easily solved by rebooting the server but I can only do that in the evenings  :cry:

I would hunt down the bug, but it's all being re-written anyway, so there's no point.

Adam Lincoln

• forum hero
    • Flickr Page, Vimeo Videos and Blog
#2 Photo section broken?
June 11, 2003, 12:00:08 pm
Quote from: "Bubba"
Oh bastard, not again!

This happens about every 5 days due to a mysterious java bug. It's easily solved by rebooting the server but I can only do that in the evenings  :cry:

I would hunt down the bug, but it's all being re-written anyway, so there's no point.

Damn, wanted to remenise with some Porth Ysgo pics... :sleeping:

dave

#3 Photo section broken?
June 11, 2003, 12:10:57 pm
Never fear, some of John's best photos of pygo are on here.

Adam Lincoln

• forum hero
#4 Photo section broken?
June 11, 2003, 12:17:33 pm
Quote from: "dave"
Never fear, some of John's best photos of pygo are on here.

Cheers Dave, did you see my posts on the Ysgo thread, got any comments on the gradings i mentioned?

cheers

dave

#5 Photo section broken?
June 11, 2003, 12:26:00 pm
Popcorn Party with the way the boulders are underneath it now, make it tricky to start. Maybe worth V7?

Incedible shaking man sit start would be harsh at V7 but more suited to V8?

When we went and did popcarn party this spring to be honest i thought it was worth every bit of V7, especailly as you have to start lying down on that flake which made moving round the lip ultra-awkward. People were saying V6 but considering we were flashing every other V5 and V6 (jawbreaker, fastcars etc) and popcorn party to 3/4 hour of work i though V7.

Dunno about TISMSS, was trying it at the end of the day, pissing the start repeatedly but was too exhausted to do the last move or two to the top, which as you can imagine was gutting (it happened about 6 times, until i couldn't even pull on any more). I recon for soemone of my height (and gnarlyness) the start is about V7.

Did you do the Truth Sitting? we couldn't try this cos it was wet this spring, tried it last summer when it was 100deg, felt like a goer.

Adam Lincoln

• forum hero
#6 Photo section broken?
June 11, 2003, 12:36:12 pm
Dave,

Yes would agree with Popcorn Party. Though, as the boulders seems to have shifted so much, i could only start with one hand on flake and the other on the lip. Otherwise it would have been silly...

Truth sit start seemed hard. It was very very hot though. I couldnt hold the right hand hold to do owt. I presume a heel is employed on the starting hold on left too?

Something else which i tried, that felt nails was foam party right and. Was knackered at end of day mind, but pulling of ground felt nails. Top was okay, pulling on at good crimp

dave

#7 Photo section broken?
June 11, 2003, 12:43:22 pm
yes i belive there is some left heel stuff on truth, but as i say I've never tried it on sub-tropical conditions so dunno.

Don't know that other problem you mentioned.

Adam Lincoln

• forum hero
#8 Photo section broken?
June 11, 2003, 12:52:39 pm
Quote from: "dave"
yes i belive there is some left heel stuff on truth, but as i say I've never tried it on sub-tropical conditions so dunno.

Don't know that other problem you mentioned.

There is a picture of Vickers on it in climber magazine. If your looking at the crack, its behind you at about 7oclock. Classic prow

dave

#9 Photo section broken?
June 11, 2003, 01:28:29 pm
Ahhhh, the one thats like a sitdown into Unmarked grave/Brian Spray? Yes its looks desperate, cold weather would help.

Adam Lincoln

• forum hero
#10 Photo section broken?
June 11, 2003, 05:18:35 pm
Quote from: "Bubba"
Oh bastard, not again!

Thanks, take it you have just restarted!

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#11 Photo section broken?
June 11, 2003, 05:30:38 pm
Yeah  :)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal