UKBouldering.com

Resting (Read 1938 times)

rootask

• regular
Resting
December 06, 2006, 07:44:13 pm
Hi everyone, i was wondering if anyone else experiences a significant drop in performance after taking a rest week. I have a fairly rigid training routine which entails a lot of cmpussing for a month or so followed by more fingerboard and 1 arm work during the 2nd month (i also do general bouldering during both of the months).....i then take a rest week... after the week i come back and im climbing like an absolute punter...it usually takes me at least 2 weeks to get back to where i was before the rest week.........and its starting to piss me off. should i be taking the rest week if its going to lead to this drop in performance? should i take 4/5 days off? any thoughts much appreciated

Krank

• junky
  • VIVA LA CHAPEL
  • Its meant to be hard
#1 Re: Resting
January 11, 2007, 03:08:38 pm
No brakes mate keep pullin :lol:. i find 2 days normally sorts me out. does it take a week for you to feel rested or could you come back earlier and feel fresh?

Serpico

• forum hero
    • The Craig Y Longridge Wiki
#2 Re: Resting
January 11, 2007, 03:26:21 pm
It sounds like a lot of your training is based around recruitment work. Neural gains come quick, and they go quick. When you say it takes you 2wks to get back to your previous level, what happens then? Do you plateau, or do continue to make gains? If it's the latter then I wouldn't change anything. If you're plateauing after wk 2, then changes need to be made; possibly greater emphasis on longer boulder problems in the first few weeks, followed by just a couple of weeks campus/recruitment training.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal