UKBouldering.com

Caseg boulders (Read 2272 times)

Andy W

• forum abuser
    • http://andywhall.com/
Caseg boulders
November 15, 2006, 02:43:03 pm
Last time I was there had huge trouble finding a way across the stream, the usual place was not possible so went upstream to cross. had to ferry my kit across and climb into a tree, nearly losing my umbrella.

Does anyone know if there is an easier way across when the stream is in full flow?

Houdini

• forum hero
  • Heil Mary
#1 Re: Caseg boulders
November 15, 2006, 02:47:36 pm
I was there recently.  The crossing is still possible: a tree has fallen in exactly the same place as the normal crossing point (it's piss) - though usually I go commando with my kit in a binliner SAS style.

LL55

• player
  • Shelly Hocknell is weapon
#2 Re: Caseg boulders
November 17, 2006, 04:21:50 pm
Yes, you can walk across the otherside of the stream, it's a footpath, but I'm not 100% sure of access so wont divuldge full details, but just park as for approach to Yr Elen/Black Ladders and walk up the road.

Pantontino

• forum hero
    • www.northwalesbouldering.com
#3 Re: Caseg boulders
November 24, 2006, 06:28:40 pm
I've been twice in the last few weeks (once with Houdini) and the river crossing was okay. It is a little bit more awkward than before because of the fallen tree, but no big deal really.

There is a nice new gate in the corner of the upper approach field, please use it. I did hear a tale of somebody (possibly a climber?) ignoring this in full view of the farmer and climbing over the fence. That's exactly how access agreements get messed up.

If anybody is interested I did a 'new' line here. Not the best problem in the world, but it did occur to me that it is actually better than I originally thought when I repeated it on the second visit. Anyway, it's on the Caseg, it's got to be cool, right?

http://www.northwalesbouldering.com/newsitem.asp?nsid=212

Pantontino

• forum hero
    • www.northwalesbouldering.com
#4 Re: Caseg boulders
November 24, 2006, 07:45:53 pm
Just re-read my post and it does sound a bit preachy on the access details, which was not my intention. I'm sure none of UKB's illustrious readership would be dumb enough to clamber over the fence when there was a brand new gate only metres away in the corner of the field.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal