UKBouldering.com

Proper Wad Ticks (Read 112712 times)

Huffy

• obsessive maniac
    • http://www.flickr.com/photos/forceit
#75 Re: Proper Wad Ticks
November 16, 2006, 03:15:02 pm
Armwrestled Shadow from gladiators in alton towers (told i'm i want interested in his signature)

I did ok for about 5 seconds then lost but i should be awarded the victory on grounds of doping

Ena

• addict
    • cadreweb
#76 Re: Proper Wad Ticks
November 16, 2006, 03:46:10 pm
Was dossing at Avon Bogs in 1983? when Martin Atkinson and Andy Pollitt had all their stuff nicked. Lent Andy £1 for a phone call, tea and a burger (quality) and helped scout round for the gear. I never got the quid back so may be time to write it off! Also when Simon Nadin walked into my brothers kitchen in 1986, my baby daughter greeted the great man by puking violently at him. Don't think he was impressed.

LucyB

• Trusted Users
  • obsessive maniac
#77 Re: Proper Wad Ticks
November 16, 2006, 03:58:53 pm
I made Bernd Zangel run away in horror when I started getting undressed to get in the shower at the Rocklands campsite. (He was using the ladies cos the mens was flooded).

I had loads of layers on, it having snowed, and it would have taken ages before I got to flesh - he still ran away sharpish!

Somebody's Fool

• forum hero
#78 Re: Proper Wad Ticks
November 16, 2006, 04:04:27 pm
I once won a game of Wembley penalties that involved Ben Moon and Ben Pritchard.

Houdini

• forum hero
  • Heil Mary
#79 Re: Proper Wad Ticks
November 16, 2006, 04:13:02 pm
...went for a chinese sharma & got dave graham a potato.

I've smoked an apple with Shamra (potatos are so peasant-ish) then watched him suave an Italian Goddess (sweet 16) as I spasticatedly slithered into an alpine river - unable to behold her minxitude...

Greg C

• forum hero
#80 Re: Proper Wad Ticks
November 16, 2006, 04:17:56 pm
I once chatted to Si O'Conor in Trowbarrow quarry... he didn't climb.

Paul B

• forum hero
#81 Re: Proper Wad Ticks
November 16, 2006, 04:26:25 pm
I once chatted to Si O'Conor in Trowbarrow quarry... he didn't climb.
:o
surely greg takes the grand prize for that rare sighting?.

Greg C

• forum hero
#82 Re: Proper Wad Ticks
November 16, 2006, 04:28:49 pm
I was once awarded a gold one of these (which you were entitled too if you were lucky enough to find a gold G on the inside of your old-style Coke ring pull) by Timmy Mallett in the Arndale centre Morecambe.  8)

Bonjoy

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Leafy gent
#83 Re: Proper Wad Ticks
November 16, 2006, 04:29:59 pm
 I once smoked a bilberry with Geoff Capes!
Houdini - Is Shamra some sort of ligger who pimps his way round the euro circuit pretending to be Sharma? Or is he more like a mummified Sharma wrapped in bandages in a Thundercats way?

Houdini

• forum hero
  • Heil Mary
#84 Re: Proper Wad Ticks
November 16, 2006, 04:51:14 pm
Actually, it's my little joke.   ;D

But yes, I think more the Thundercats (wrapped in tattered PrAna kit) and minions, plenny minions.  Y'know like Bumm-ra The Ever Rimming...   Sorry about that...

fatboySlimfast

• forum hero
#85 Re: Proper Wad Ticks
November 16, 2006, 05:15:13 pm
I once appeared on Going Live, saturday morn bbc1 show presented by Pip Schofield/sara Greene. I appeared in a sketch with the legendary Trev and Simon doing a sketch at Olympia on the climbing wall i help to build for a competition in the early 90's. Alas fame was fleeting and I was relegated to only a bit part, holding the rope. I was usurped by Ukbs only acting/wall building/comp demi god GraemeA who got a speaking role!

AndiT

• forum abuser
#86 Re: Proper Wad Ticks
November 16, 2006, 05:42:06 pm
I'm a member of WAC-a-day, after I got on the science section of the programme after writing a letter to Carol Vorderman to ask her the difference between Nuclear Fusion and Nuclear Fision, I was eight.

I saw Jarvis Cocker at Lindesfarne after proclaiming to the misses that all the people hanging around waiting for the tide to cover the causeway were losers.

I have a letter and a birthday present from Patrick Moore.

I've been interviewed by John Craven.

Bob Smith and John Earl at Bowden and Kyloe.

I once met Morell at Almscliff, he told about how he had originally cleaned of Morells Wall as it used to be covered in hanging grass.

I've had a stone kicked onto me (accidentally, I'm sure) at Craig Doris by Pat Littlejohn, I was proud of my bruise.

Monolith

• forum hero
  • Straight outta Cronton.
#87 Re: Proper Wad Ticks
November 16, 2006, 07:15:39 pm
Was working in my uncle's scenery-making industrial unit in an outer area of Stavanger, Norway a few years back. Totally bored, I looked out of the window to see Steve Mclure walking into the adjoining climbing wall building with an army of adoring Norwegian fans. Pretty funny really, as I had popped in earlier to buy a hat when the woman goes "We have a famous climber coming later. If you are from England you might have heard of him. Steve Mclure is his name." I thought she was just on acid or something as she was a bit weird, but obviously she was telling the truth.

GraemeA

• forum hero
  • FTM
    • The Works, it's the Bollocks
#88 Re: Proper Wad Ticks
November 16, 2006, 08:07:03 pm
Headbutting Leo in front of assorted stars like Elie Chevieux

Get Bonners to call me back at midnight about the transcript from his speech to HM in May 2003 even though he was flying to India very early the next morning (he sent the transcript)

Bob Smith and John Earl giving me respect at Ratho WC 2003 (I was still in awe of them as they were gods when I was a young 'un)

Doing HVS's with Ben in 2001 (or maybe 2002), he hadn't led a trad route for years and was a tad unsure of his nuts. Watching the faces of the SLC locals as it dawned on them who was leading (and shaking a bit) was fantastic

Head butting Gav Ellis on his stag do (bit of a theme here). I know Gav has never been a real wad but thought you'd appreciate it.

First time I ever met a certain stubble encrusted superstar of the 80's and 90's he had some eating implements sticking in a gas fire, his first word's to me ever were 'do you want one'.

Out drinking Pete Kirton, he crashed and needed waking to catch a train, I woke him with his fave, a glass of JD.

At a comp back in 1999 telling Sharma to start climbing and watch him run to the wall and jump on, he thought he would be disqualified.

Kidnapping Big Frank after a Birmingham comp and 'forcing' him to have a 'rollie'

Monolith

• forum hero
  • Straight outta Cronton.
#89 Re: Proper Wad Ticks
November 16, 2006, 08:12:43 pm
Headbutting Leo in front of assorted stars like Elie Chevieux

Do tell Graeme!?

GraemeA

• forum hero
  • FTM
#90 Re: Proper Wad Ticks
November 16, 2006, 08:17:00 pm
I was usurped by Ukbs only acting/wall building/comp demi god GraemeA who got a speaking role!

Speaking yes but also squeeking a bit as I seem to remember there was a bit more slack than I expected. And at the same comp I beat Jerry in the Body Fat Measurement, ie I had less, the man was not happy and went on a 6 month starvation diet so he could have have less fat than anyone ever. Unfortunately he forgot about fellow competitor, Skinny Vinny (where is he now)

Will Hunt

• forum hero
  • Superworm is super-long
    • Unknown Stones
#91 Re: Proper Wad Ticks
November 16, 2006, 08:30:17 pm
This is all rather depressing seeing andy popp deal out his wad ticks because my one and only wad tick is him!

Met him briefly at Pex one fine morn and didnt realise he was pretty awesome until his name jumped off the page while reading preposterous tales. He was tres friendly.

It doesnt really count but Tim Emmett gave a lecture at my school.
Oh and I met Pekkie (dont know real name) and some other guy and Steve Boot. Not real wads but Steve has a route named after him.

Hopefully if I go to Sheff Uni then I will rack up my fair share of wads.

fatboySlimfast

• forum hero
#92 Re: Proper Wad Ticks
November 16, 2006, 09:35:47 pm
Skinny Vinny (where is he now)
Still in and around Bradford, now mad keen mtb'er and married person. Dont know of his body fat measurements now but do remember at that comp audible gasps of shock of how skinny he was!

On the subject of Mr popp, found this in the gallery courtesy of big al

Obviously himself in full beaver tail rasta mode, but Chris Wright with back to camera, Neil Travers next and i do believe Chris Gore as well

GraemeA

• forum hero
  • FTM
#93 Re: Proper Wad Ticks
November 16, 2006, 09:43:56 pm
And Chris Wright (back to camera), Dave Turner next to Chris Gore. Who else though.

GraemeA

• forum hero
  • FTM
#94 Re: Proper Wad Ticks
November 16, 2006, 09:44:42 pm
Ah, a Danny Brooks hiding in there I suspect.

cofe

• forum hero
#95 Re: Proper Wad Ticks
November 16, 2006, 10:19:50 pm
before he was famous peter andre did some gigs in schools. cos i was a prefect i acted as a 'bouncer' during his lunchtime gig and he brushed against me as he walked past on the way out. that meant a lot. i still get a woodie to this day.

"ooooohhhhhhhho ooooooooohhhhhhhhh ooooooooohhhhhhhhh mysterious cofe i want to brush against youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu". damn straight peter. damn muthafucking straight.

Will Hunt

• forum hero
    • Unknown Stones
#96 Re: Proper Wad Ticks
November 16, 2006, 10:22:07 pm
Been a bit of talk about Body Mass Index. I dunno if I can rival the greats but Im pretty thin.

BMI = 18.2      :-\

GraemeA

• forum hero
  • FTM
#97 Re: Proper Wad Ticks
November 16, 2006, 10:36:54 pm
Been a bit of talk about Body Mass Index. I dunno if I can rival the greats but Im pretty thin.

BMI = 18.2      :-\

I have never been anything approaching a great climber but I have always been one of the greatest skinny cunts. Being a skinny cunt is, in itself no big deal.

Here endeth the sermon. Must get back to writing risk assessments  :'(

GraemeA

• forum hero
  • FTM
#98 Re: Proper Wad Ticks
November 16, 2006, 10:38:57 pm

Do tell Graeme!?
[/quote]

You had to be there  ;D

Will Hunt

• forum hero
    • Unknown Stones
#99 Re: Proper Wad Ticks
November 16, 2006, 10:40:55 pm
Course Im not a great climber. Just wonderin. I am proud of skinnyness. Not many people who double as a xylophone.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal