UKBouldering.com

Two new peak probs from Mike Adams (Read 2109 times)

Bonjoy

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Leafy gent
Two new peak probs from Mike Adams
November 10, 2006, 11:20:50 am
 Was talking to Mike last night and he mentioned a couple of new probs. Hope he doesn't mind me reporting these on his behalf.
 The obvious project on the Mother's Pet between Mother's Pride and the pocket prob has been dispatched. Mike reckoned 7c for him, but said it's fairly morpho.
 The other new one is a prob on the north west side of Rowtor. About 100m up an left as you face My Apple. It's a prob I cleaned up but never dared try properly due to the scary landing. It's up on a flat shelf formed by a boulder and goes through a roof from a low start to a pair of slopey dinks. From the dinks Mike went out to a hold on the right arete and an easier finish above a biggish drop. Forgot to ask about grade or name, but Mike did say it was a good prob, if somewhat gripping. I might have a pic of the boulder somewhere, if so i'll post it later.
 Does anyone have anymore info on these? Names grades?
 Also heard on the grapevine that the loose hold at the start of the Braindead boulder has broken off. The sit start probably needs re-climbing in it's new state.

Paz

• junky
#1 Re: Two new peak probs from Mike Adams
November 10, 2006, 12:29:45 pm
I've just realised why I keep getting deja vu whenever I'm thumbing through someone elses magazine looking at the bouldering news.  I predict It will happen again in one or two months

Dr T

• forum hero
#2 Re: Two new peak probs from Mike Adams
November 10, 2006, 12:35:27 pm
ukb - all the bouldering news that fit to print  :great:

Bonjoy

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Leafy gent
#3 Re: Two new peak probs from Mike Adams
November 10, 2006, 06:45:36 pm
A fairly unflattering shot of the Rowtor line