UKBouldering.com

Switzerland Questions (Read 1715 times)

Adam Lincoln

• forum hero
    • Flickr Page, Vimeo Videos and Blog
Switzerland Questions
November 09, 2006, 02:46:29 pm
Off to Swis in a week for 10 days, but have a few niggles re: accomodation.

I know there is the horrible barn below Cresciano, but is there anything else nearby, must be cheap!?

Also, Whats the deal with the new place in Magic Wood. How much is it a night, and whats the latest you can turn up on an evening. I know Andy H posted some info up a while back, but think everything was a bit new and up in the air. Anyone been recently?

Cheers guys

Doylo

• forum hero
#1 Re: Switzerland Questions
November 09, 2006, 03:03:49 pm
theres nothing cheap in Switzerland

Adam Lincoln

• forum hero
#2 Re: Switzerland Questions
November 09, 2006, 03:05:10 pm
theres nothing cheap in Switzerland

Cheapish then....

Oh and its for four people!

John Cooke

• menacing presence
#3 Re: Switzerland Questions
November 09, 2006, 03:24:57 pm
There's a campsite near Cresciano that we stayed in when we were there, it's owned by a bear of a german and his wife who are dead friendly but'll rip you off royal, think we payed 18 swiss a night each for our farty 3 man tent so not exactly cheap but probably average in Switzerland like! Booze was a bit steep too but then again it's bound to be at a campsite. Infact maybe it wasn't as steep as i remember, i was just probably very poor at the time!  :whistle:

Pretty sure Matt Heason wrote an article on planetfear about going to Cresch and he and a few others stayed in some nearby gites that were good value.

Don't wildcamp or crash in the barn, you run the serious risk of f'ing up access as the farmer gets fully pissed off with wild campers.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2006, 03:51:05 pm by cubanallstar »

al

• obsessive maniac
    • 50folds
#4 Re: Switzerland Questions
November 09, 2006, 03:42:34 pm
there's a thread about this stuff on the travel bit, but as to the cresciano campsite, we stayed and enjoyed (although it was summer), and also seemed cheaper than this, don't know wether we got it cheap - although lee was on a tight budget and did dissapear each night in the direction of the german bears' house.......

monkey boy

• forum hero
#5 Re: Switzerland Questions
November 09, 2006, 04:12:13 pm
Yeh campsite is nice but expensive. Is it open all year? Are you going with James? If so i gave him details of a place that i have been told about in cres that is cheap and good!

Adam Lincoln

• forum hero
#6 Re: Switzerland Questions
November 09, 2006, 05:12:45 pm
Yeh campsite is nice but expensive. Is it open all year? Are you going with James? If so i gave him details of a place that i have been told about in cres that is cheap and good!

Aye, cheers for the info! Very useful mate. James told me before.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal