UKBouldering.com

Non-Quality Bouldering Videos (Read 1944144 times)

turnipturned

• forum abuser
#5750 Re: Non-Quality Bouldering Videos
December 05, 2017, 10:54:51 pm
New VLOG- over a few days, probably the best climbing week of my life. Doing Voyager Sit and Star Slinger Sit are probably the best bits of climbing I have done. Not the great blog as its a bit of a mash up, however, was more focus on the climbing. Full send footage to feature on another film i am doing.

grimer

• forum hero
#5751 Re: Non-Quality Bouldering Videos
December 05, 2017, 11:14:01 pm
Brilliant!

205Chris

• forum hero
#5752 Re: Non-Quality Bouldering Videos
December 10, 2017, 05:42:21 pm
Dug this out while trawling through the archives, that time I nearly ended up in French A & E:

Coops_13

• forum hero
    • YouTube
#5753 Re: Non-Quality Bouldering Videos
December 10, 2017, 06:59:01 pm
That’s such a sick dyno

user deactivated

#5754 Re: Non-Quality Bouldering Videos
December 17, 2017, 05:29:34 pm
Nice one chris.

I have another addition, one of Jack floating along Pilgrim in the cave yesterday. Described as looking like he was 'climbing on the moon'. Impressive stuff.

r-man

• forum hero
  • Glory lurks beneath the moss
    • LANCASHIRE BOULDERING GUIDEBOOK
#5755 Re: Non-Quality Bouldering Videos
December 18, 2017, 12:26:25 am

AMorris

• obsessive maniac
  • Trying to find form
#5756 Re: Non-Quality Bouldering Videos
December 18, 2017, 02:36:03 pm
Great addition to Biblins here from Jonny Kydd, a hard and quite long standing project!

Huffy

• obsessive maniac
    • http://www.flickr.com/photos/forceit
#5757 Re: Non-Quality Bouldering Videos
December 18, 2017, 04:48:59 pm
Nice one chris.

I have another addition, one of Jack floating along Pilgrim in the cave yesterday. Described as looking like he was 'climbing on the moon'. Impressive stuff.

Great video. Total pleasure to watch this guy climb in the cave. Surgical precision.

r-man

• forum hero
  • Glory lurks beneath the moss
    • LANCASHIRE BOULDERING GUIDEBOOK
#5758 Re: Non-Quality Bouldering Videos
December 22, 2017, 05:40:25 pm
Proper bouldering - short and hard, with over-excited onlookers and a bit of a scuffle to finish.

user deactivated

#5759 Re: Non-Quality Bouldering Videos
December 22, 2017, 06:31:16 pm
Nice one chris.

Great video. Total pleasure to watch this guy climb in the cave. Surgical precision.

Thanks mate, yeah I was like huh?! The real thing that made the cave footage was a distinct lack of Euro fluoro

turnipturned

• forum abuser
#5760 Re: Non-Quality Bouldering Videos
December 29, 2017, 10:43:54 am
My highlights for 2017. Some unedited raw clips in there.

mark20

• junky
#5761 Re: Non-Quality Bouldering Videos
January 02, 2018, 06:20:58 pm
Peak esoterica part 4, with a cast of ukbers

bolehillbilly

• stalker
#5762 Re: Non-Quality Bouldering Videos
January 03, 2018, 12:32:39 pm
 :clap2:
Really enjoyed that Mark. The Crowden stuff looks good, you had some great light on Liturgy.

user deactivated

#5763 Re: Non-Quality Bouldering Videos
January 04, 2018, 08:11:28 am
Nice! Liturgy looks like a great problem and more old school e5 6c to my untrained eye. That dynamic move at the end of the rising traverse looked mega.
I've been working on a bit of a lofi film about Ned and his board- there's a clip below. Should be up some point in the next week or two!

Watch this video on Vimeo: .

turnipturned

• forum abuser
#5764 Re: Non-Quality Bouldering Videos
January 04, 2018, 08:14:13 am
Board climbing, not sure if this is the best place to post, but for those interested.

mark20

• junky
#5765 Re: Non-Quality Bouldering Videos
January 04, 2018, 11:35:11 am
Nice! Liturgy looks like a great problem and more old school e5 6c to my untrained eye. That dynamic move at the end of the rising traverse looked mega.
I've been working on a bit of a lofi film about Ned and his board- there's a clip below. Should be up some point in the next week or two!
Thanks Dan, I had a play on a rope first - spooky move. If you fancy a go with few extra pads I can let you know when I go back, most likely sometime in the Spring once I've cleaned / dug off the top of another highball there.
Been enjoying your edits recently, and looking forward to the full Ned one. Remember to post in the quality thread this time!

Board climbing, not sure if this is the best place to post, but for those interested.

I've been following your vids Dan,  great stuff, particularly like the board one, some more training ones would be great - core? Cheers

turnipturned

• forum abuser
#5766 Re: Non-Quality Bouldering Videos
January 04, 2018, 03:46:28 pm

[/quote] I've been following your vids Dan,  great stuff, particularly like the board one, some more training ones would be great - core? Cheers
[/quote]

Thanks mate, appreciate it.

I was slightly reluctant to make 'training' videos. I am not massively into the 'training' or 'must be able to hang one arm on a campus rung with plus 10kg before I can climb 7a' culture we seem to be in, my personal climbing is based more on obsession/determination/stupidity rather than training. But if people enjoy them and find them useful, I am more than happy to do some more. Thoughts?

I do have a really good after climbing 30-45min core exercise, which might be of interest. Get that up shortly. Thanks again.

user deactivated

#5767 Re: Non-Quality Bouldering Videos
January 05, 2018, 07:45:26 pm
Thanks Dan, I had a play on a rope first - spooky move. If you fancy a go with few extra pads I can let you know when I go back, most likely sometime in the Spring once I've cleaned / dug off the top of another highball there.
Been enjoying your edits recently, and looking forward to the full Ned one. Remember to post in the quality thread this time!

I've been following your vids Dan,  great stuff, particularly like the board one, some more training ones would be great - core? Cheers

Hi Mark, cheers for the positive vibes, glad you liked the recent stuff. I'd definitely be up for some esoteric grit action in the spring if you message me on Facebook? Or something:) the full short film is up on Vimeo now too.

Also - Dan! Really enjoyed that board vid. I'll have to start incorporating some project problems and weakness.......

Mark Lloyd

• menacing presence
#5768 Re: Non-Quality Bouldering Videos
January 05, 2018, 09:35:35 pm
I'm getting confused by the dans on this thread, enjoyed the board vid (dan t) can we have a bonus bmx trick next

JackAus

• junky
#5769 Re: Non-Quality Bouldering Videos
January 07, 2018, 10:55:23 am
Put up a new DWS line yesterday. Not difficult but a no fall line due to a hefty boulder right where you'd land.
Didn't help that the bottom third was wet........
Cleaned it last week but was too rough to have a go at.

turnipturned

• forum abuser
#5770 Re: Non-Quality Bouldering Videos
January 08, 2018, 08:58:08 am
Failed mission to the Peak.

Question to Raven Tor locals/ Fat Lip ascentionists.
1. Has it been responsibly dry at the Tor this winter? and do you think it will dry back after the rain last week.
2. On Fat Lip, after the RH triple bump off the heel hook near the start, you kind of sort your feet out, do you then drop into a deep pocket with LH before going to the tweaked undercut pocket?

Ta.

cheque

• forum hero
    • Cheque Pictures
#5771 Re: Non-Quality Bouldering Videos
January 08, 2018, 10:24:56 am
Put up a new DWS line yesterday. Not difficult but a no fall line due to a hefty boulder right where you'd land.
Didn't help that the bottom third was wet........
Cleaned it last week but was too rough to have a go at.

Looks wicked that. Sounds more like an "S" line than a DWS line though!

Wood FT

• forum hero
#5772 Re: Non-Quality Bouldering Videos
January 08, 2018, 12:37:48 pm
Looks great Jack

Kingy

• forum hero
#5773 Re: Non-Quality Bouldering Videos
January 08, 2018, 06:46:47 pm
Failed mission to the Peak.

Question to Raven Tor locals/ Fat Lip ascentionists.
1. Has it been responsibly dry at the Tor this winter? and do you think it will dry back after the rain last week.

Hey Dave, nice vlog and psyche. I have no knowledge about the second point and haven't been to the Tor since November but I would imagine it won't be drying back significantly until the end of February. I understand this rule of thumb has been incorrect in the past but I think your vid shows a typical picture for Jan.I hope this helps!

Doylo

• forum hero
#5774 Re: Non-Quality Bouldering Videos
January 08, 2018, 07:01:47 pm
[quote author=turnipturned link=topic=6407.msg561729#msg561729

Hey Dave, nice vlog and psyche. I have no knowledge about the second point and haven't been to the Tor since November but I would imagine it won't be drying back significantly until the end of February. I understand this rule of thumb has been incorrect in the past but I think your vid shows a typical picture for Jan.I hope this helps!

He’s called Dan  :lol:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal