UKBouldering.com

Non-Quality Bouldering Videos (Read 1943782 times)

Gritlad

• obsessive maniac
  • I'm not actually much of a lad.
#2425 Re: Non-Quality Bouldering Videos
August 23, 2012, 05:05:00 pm
Thank you  :) Yeah, its a cool problem, they start is slightly differantly on you tube but its the same thing. Great rock up there!
Its all about the jump on Harvey though  :2thumbsup:

Sasquatch

• forum hero
  • www.akclimber.com
    • AkClimber
#2426 Re: Non-Quality Bouldering Videos
August 23, 2012, 05:40:11 pm
I know what you mean Sasquatch but I think there can be good fluff and bad fluff and I think Pedra's is normally the good sort. I feel like I'm getting a little glimpse in to a local scene and don't mind in all remains a little enigmatic and not quite defined.

And the climbers always seem to be trying really hard, which is always fun to watch.

I see what you mean, and agree it's normally good fluff.  I'm just hoping to give a bit of feedback.  I think the stuff he's producing has some really good quality, and with just a few tweaks he can produce the quality the big boys produce.  I'll admit that I'm interested in heading down to Brazil to boulder, and just from watching his vids.   

F^&* Rocklands and northern summertime - Brazil has salsa hotties in addition to bouldering.  :thumbsup:

r-man

• forum hero
  • Glory lurks beneath the moss
    • LANCASHIRE BOULDERING GUIDEBOOK

Gritlad

• obsessive maniac
  • I'm not actually much of a lad.
#2428 Re: Non-Quality Bouldering Videos
August 25, 2012, 05:07:39 pm
and another....

greywolf

#2429 Re: Non-Quality Bouldering Videos
August 27, 2012, 09:52:42 pm

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#2430 Re: Non-Quality Bouldering Videos
August 28, 2012, 08:35:17 am
Good work youth.

iwasmexican

• obsessive maniac
#2431 Re: Non-Quality Bouldering Videos
August 29, 2012, 05:28:34 pm
little video of a short roadtrip earlier this summer, criticisms welcome, only my second video:

« Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 05:33:52 pm by iwasmexican »

Richie Crouch

• forum hero
  • G Time
#2432 Re: Non-Quality Bouldering Videos
August 29, 2012, 07:15:36 pm
Really enjoyed that Chris, nice soundtrack and a good selection of problems. A couple were a bit too dark to see what was happening. It was nice from a personal view to remember doing those myself over the last few years too! Jason's roof looks amazing. Bet you are keen to get back there  :thumbsup:

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a
#2433 Re: Non-Quality Bouldering Videos
August 29, 2012, 07:57:15 pm
First of a series of re-edits after the Vimeo cock up:

Bonjoy

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Leafy gent
#2434 Re: Non-Quality Bouldering Videos
August 29, 2012, 09:45:35 pm
little video of a short roadtrip earlier this summer, criticisms welcome, only my second video:

Good video. Effort carting three pads up to Jason's roof!

Paul B

• forum hero
#2435 Re: Non-Quality Bouldering Videos
August 30, 2012, 12:33:00 am

made me laugh: "living in a fiesta"

Your after effects zooming in and out might have looked a little smoother if you'd incorporated the clouds and camera-shake effects I've seen in the tutorials.

iwasmexican

• obsessive maniac
#2436 Re: Non-Quality Bouldering Videos
August 30, 2012, 09:10:20 am

Good video. Effort carting three pads up to Jason's roof!

worst still was i left them up there that night only to wake up the next day to sideways rain...

made me laugh: "living in a fiesta"

its scary how quickly you get used to sleeping in a car
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 09:16:50 am by iwasmexican »

andy_e

• forum hero
#2437 Re: Non-Quality Bouldering Videos
August 30, 2012, 09:12:27 am
Warning: Contains google-maps-to-the-crag scenes! I'll watch that later, looks good though!

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
    • Bouldering POI's for tomtom
#2438 Re: Non-Quality Bouldering Videos
August 30, 2012, 01:58:19 pm
Video resolution too low
a bit too much driving/walking to the crag
too much falling off at the bowderstone
haircut needed
friends needed

looks like a good trip tho

tommytwotone

• forum hero
  • Southern jessie turned Almscliff devotee
#2439 Re: Non-Quality Bouldering Videos
August 30, 2012, 03:20:52 pm

haircut needed

+1!

I was going to say last night - you clearly need to tip your barber more generously!

;)

iwasmexican

• obsessive maniac
#2440 Re: Non-Quality Bouldering Videos
August 30, 2012, 05:52:24 pm

haircut needed

+1!

I was going to say last night - you clearly need to tip your barber more generously!

;)

fortunately i didnt pay at all for it, so i had the last laugh...

benpritch

• forum abuser
#2441 Re: Non-Quality Bouldering Videos
August 30, 2012, 07:08:19 pm
Thought the movie was good especially bit at Vitruvian Man, made me want to go climbing at those places again.

One problem i have with bouldering videos in general is the convention of showing numerous attempts on a problem followed by the name and grade of the problem and then the successful ascent, or worse the name and grade of the route staying on screen during the ascent. It totally ruins any will s/he won't s/he tension plus i want to know what we are dealing with as soon we arrive at the problem.

a dense loner

• forum hero
#2442 Re: Non-Quality Bouldering Videos
August 30, 2012, 07:30:56 pm
I agree with Ben, it's 2012 the name and grade of a problem should be apparent at the start of a problem, and if ure trying to be arty watch the vid yourself b4 putting it out for everyone to see that said name n grade are legible.
I ave absolutely no talent in film making, or any other area, but since Ben is the best climbing filmmaker out there this more than cancels out my uselessness

andy_e

• forum hero
#2443 Re: Non-Quality Bouldering Videos
August 30, 2012, 08:45:48 pm
Don't do yourself down dense, you're an excellent critic.

Sasquatch

• forum hero
  • www.akclimber.com
    • AkClimber
#2444 Re: Non-Quality Bouldering Videos
August 30, 2012, 11:07:04 pm
Thought the movie was good especially bit at Vitruvian Man, made me want to go climbing at those places again.

One problem i have with bouldering videos in general is the convention of showing numerous attempts on a problem followed by the name and grade of the problem and then the successful ascent, or worse the name and grade of the route staying on screen during the ascent. It totally ruins any will s/he won't s/he tension plus i want to know what we are dealing with as soon we arrive at the problem.
What do you find best when said climb is a project, hence no name/grade until after the send?  List it as a project, then name/grade after sendage?

benpritch

• forum abuser
#2445 Re: Non-Quality Bouldering Videos
August 31, 2012, 07:10:27 am

What do you find best when said climb is a project, hence no name/grade until after the send?  List it as a project, then name/grade after sendage?

I think title: project-  proposed grade ? then attempts would be fine. Name comes after ascent unless it is already named. Was quite relieved in video of that Finnish guy doing his 8b+ when the music changed and he fell off again. If films do what you expect them to do you are already bored because of the inevitability of it all. Playing with convention is always fun.

SA Chris

• forum hero
#2446 Re: Non-Quality Bouldering Videos
August 31, 2012, 07:20:30 am

Agree on that (which means by proxy I agree with dense, a concern in itself).

Is it a convention or cliche?

a dense loner

• forum hero
#2447 Re: Non-Quality Bouldering Videos
August 31, 2012, 12:25:24 pm
Don't worry Chris it happens to everyone when they come to their senses

SA Chris

• forum hero
#2448 Re: Non-Quality Bouldering Videos
August 31, 2012, 12:30:13 pm
I'm sure it's just a blip.

Sasquatch

• forum hero
  • www.akclimber.com
    • AkClimber
#2449 Re: Non-Quality Bouldering Videos
August 31, 2012, 04:11:01 pm

I think title: project-  proposed grade ? then attempts would be fine. Name comes after ascent unless it is already named. Was quite relieved in video of that Finnish guy doing his 8b+ when the music changed and he fell off again. If films do what you expect them to do you are already bored because of the inevitability of it all. Playing with convention is always fun.

Makes sense.  I'll have to think/figure out more interesting ways to play with convention. 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal