UKBouldering.com

Non-Quality Bouldering Videos (Read 1944100 times)

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#1700 Re: Non-Quality Bouldering Videos
September 12, 2011, 09:36:35 am
Maybe the bubble is broken? You might need to go to the stores and ask for a fresh one, and get a hammerfor while you are there.

willackers

• junky
    • Vimeo
#1701 Re: Non-Quality Bouldering Videos
September 12, 2011, 09:43:45 am
I'll pick one up when I go in for that tin of tartan paint I need.

andy_e

• forum hero
#1702 Re: Non-Quality Bouldering Videos
September 12, 2011, 11:21:01 am
You can always rely on Millso to lower the tone of anything.

Why do you think he always wears pants which are easy to slip down? He can never resist!

Someone tell mike psyche that he's too strong.

youngy

• player
#1703 Re: Non-Quality Bouldering Videos
September 12, 2011, 04:08:50 pm
Someone tell mike psyche that he's too strong.

We would but he doesn't listen and we try telling him to use his feet but god knows what he would be capable of if he did use them!!

Monolith

• forum hero
  • Straight outta Cronton.
#1704 Re: Non-Quality Bouldering Videos
September 12, 2011, 08:04:04 pm
Proved my point that shoe choice doesn't matter though. Will stick to my fingertaped V10's for now.

gcarmichael

• menacing presence
    • Vimeo Profile
#1705 Re: Non-Quality Bouldering Videos
September 12, 2011, 09:21:53 pm

Decent problem in Cresciano.

JamieG

• forum hero
#1706 Re: Non-Quality Bouldering Videos
September 15, 2011, 11:48:50 am

A bouldering video my brother made for our wee trip up to Sheigra this summer. Tonnes of unclimbed rock up there, hope it inspires some other people to visit. Really beautiful and remote.

SA Chris

• forum hero
#1707 Re: Non-Quality Bouldering Videos
September 15, 2011, 12:18:48 pm
Nice one, well done for getting up there. The potential is really jaw dropping. Are those probs on the conglomerate, gneiss or sandstone? The forst ones look like conglomerate, but the Stone Shelves look like sandstone.

Did you get onto Polin Beach and the stuff on the waterlevel shelves to the North of Oldshoremore Beach?

JamieG

• forum hero
#1708 Re: Non-Quality Bouldering Videos
September 15, 2011, 03:18:40 pm
Hey Chris,

I only thought there were two rock types up there but i really don't know anything about geology. First one was a kind of sandstone with varying degrees of pebbliness, from beautiful smooth rock, to outrageously pebbly (maybe this is what you mean by the conglomerate) depending on which layer of the cliff the boulder had fallen off. And the second rock type at the end of the film was the gneiss.

All the stuff at Dave's roof was on the gneiss. Everything else was the sandstone/conglomerate. Some of the rock was quite friable, but there was more than enough good quality rock to go at. Some of the landings could do with a bit of work, moving rubble around to make it flatter. But there literally is almost endless potential (depending on how adventurous you feel) and probably some really hard lines if you are strong. There was loads of stuff we wanted to try but simply ran out of time. Some huge highball lines too.

We didn't make it to the places you mentioned. The only other day we had climbing we went to Reiff, which was pretty good. But probably a better place to trad than boulder. Sheigra has much bouldering potential than reiff.

You should get yourself up there. Park at the sheigra beach and head over the wee hill to the north. Pretty quickly you will see the view which is the very first part of video, with the Gneiss roof on the shore line below you and all sandstone cliffs and blocks stretching into the distance. The stuff at the beach, is just on your left when you arrive at the car parking. The northern part, however, definitely has the bulk of the potential. Shame it is quite so isolated. Or maybe that is a bonus.

Cheers Jamie

SA Chris

• forum hero
#1709 Re: Non-Quality Bouldering Videos
September 15, 2011, 03:41:02 pm
yeah I guess that the conglomerate / sandstone depends on the amount of pebbles in it.

I've been up a few times usually to surf at Oldshoremore, but also to climb ay Sheigra. I've checked out the stuff around the campsite at shiegra, on the isalnd just to the south, at oldshoremore and polin beach. There's some nice stuff at Sandwood bay too, and a bit on the limestone at Smoo cave up at durness.

Not been out to Land of Giants, but I know richieb has, some pics on his flickr pages. Been a while since I was last up there, need another trip.

JamieG

• forum hero
#1710 Re: Non-Quality Bouldering Videos
September 15, 2011, 03:51:26 pm
We've been Sandwood bay before, such an amazing place.

It was richieb's video that inspired us to go in search of Sheigra's 'land of giants', but we didn't even find the part in his video, we got too distracted working our way our the bottom of the cliffs. His video probably gives you better insight into the potential, with more shots of the background. It really is pretty huge.

Sorry I might be over psyched, but it really was an amazing place, just to hang out never mind boulder.

Here is Rich's video for more psyche.

SA Chris

• forum hero
#1711 Re: Non-Quality Bouldering Videos
September 16, 2011, 08:45:15 am
Aye, it's a great vid.

Remember to give us a shout if you plan heading up again. Nice to have an excuse!

Here's some pics from last time we were up there

http://ukbouldering.com/board/index.php/topic,8949.900.html

andy popp

• forum hero
#1712 Re: Non-Quality Bouldering Videos
September 16, 2011, 09:52:18 am
I thought that was a sweet little video Jamie, and I'm rather jealous of your chance to climb there.

JamieG

• forum hero
#1713 Re: Non-Quality Bouldering Videos
September 16, 2011, 08:30:13 pm
Cheers Andy. It is really lovely up there. You need to get lucky with the weather though. Or not mind going hiking instead of climbing if it rains. How was end of the road? Jamie

richieb

• menacing presence
#1714 Re: Non-Quality Bouldering Videos
September 17, 2011, 08:51:45 am
Nice vid. Good effort for getting up there. Isis looks good.
The stuff we climbed on is in the next bay to the north I think, I walked over the headland in your opening shot and dropped down from there. Amazing place but I found most of the rock in that area was a bit too pebble infested for my taste unfortunately, still worth a visit for the atmosphere and location.
If you end up writing up the stuff you did it would be worth sending details to John at Stonecountry and Ian Taylor (who wrote the Ullapool bouldering guide), It was Ian who originally tipped me off about the place.

JamieG

• forum hero
#1715 Re: Non-Quality Bouldering Videos
September 17, 2011, 06:52:21 pm
Cheers Rich,

I doubt we'll write it up properly, since all the problems we did were quite spread out. We just enjoyed exploring and trying things that caught our eye. I think part of the experience for us, was you never quite knew what amazing block was just around the corner. I agree a lot of the rock is pretty pebbly, but there was enough cleaner stuff to make up for it.

Isis really was the highlight we found. It was in the jumble below the cliff you can see in the first scene of the video. You can do it from Standing at about 6b. There is an obvious sitter than will bump it up to 7a(ish). Robbie did a low start (not proper sitter) in the video to add a couple hard moves into the standing start. We can email the video link to Ian and John incase they want some more details.

We owe you debt for making the initial excursion that inspired us to go and explore.

Cheers Jamie

Nan

• addict
#1716 Re: Non-Quality Bouldering Videos
September 17, 2011, 08:30:06 pm
Some font action

andy popp

• forum hero
#1717 Re: Non-Quality Bouldering Videos
September 17, 2011, 10:49:58 pm
How was end of the road? Jamie

It was terrible, really terrible. You'd have hated it.

JamieG

• forum hero
#1718 Re: Non-Quality Bouldering Videos
September 18, 2011, 09:04:12 am
How was end of the road? Jamie

It was terrible, really terrible. You'd have hated it.

Lies, lies and dirty lies.  ;D

r-man

• forum hero
  • Glory lurks beneath the moss
    • LANCASHIRE BOULDERING GUIDEBOOK
#1719 Re: Non-Quality Bouldering Videos
September 18, 2011, 07:51:58 pm
Easy!

Nigel Poustie

• regular
#1720 Re: Non-Quality Bouldering Videos
September 18, 2011, 10:48:48 pm
My computer now communicates with my camera so here's a little film from Ravhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvuycV0_Zr8en Torhttp://

Nigel Poustie

• regular
#1721 Re: Non-Quality Bouldering Videos
September 18, 2011, 10:51:34 pm
oh dear i don't get this posting video thing where do you paste the link?

robertostallioni

• forum hero
#1722 Re: Non-Quality Bouldering Videos
September 18, 2011, 10:55:55 pm
In the middle of this - [url)(/url], not before it.

Fucking hell....
« Last Edit: September 18, 2011, 11:06:49 pm by robertostallioni »

Nigel Poustie

• regular
#1723 Re: Non-Quality Bouldering Videos
September 18, 2011, 11:03:54 pm
[url][http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvuycV0_Zr8/url]

Nigel Poustie

• regular
#1724 Re: Non-Quality Bouldering Videos
September 18, 2011, 11:06:29 pm
Forgive me I am been a bit thick here there is no http// thing. is it the hyper link button I should be using?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal