UKBouldering.com

-10 (Read 3109 times)

dave

June 05, 2003, 09:54:25 am
This one goes out to all those sick vertical limestone pimps out there.

Went for my annual session at minus ten last nite - surprisingly it was a good laugh, despite being very muggy. Just got a couple of questions, hopesully some old skool Gz like FBSF or someone can give me the 2-11….:
  • The JA - has anyone done it, whats the crack, and how the fuck.Bottom of the B9s in the guide, seems the most desperate B9 I've ever seen.
  • George's wall dyno - is it legit to go to the break not sloper? The break seems the obvious thing to dyno for, anyone got any idea why the "original" goes to the gash sloper instead, when theres a jug 6 inch to the left?
  • Nearly forgot, is it genuine natural pollish, or resin?

Peace out.

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#1 -10
June 05, 2003, 10:08:49 am
If someone "accidentally" sprayed that whole wall with acid to remove the decades of minging polish, I might go back - there's some great problems there but that level of polish just depresses me  :(

And don't get me started on Tom's Roof  :wink:

FBSF will no doubt be along shortly to defend the place, but he's a sick mofo - talking of Tom's Roof - how's Ange's buttock?  :P

dave

#2 -10
June 05, 2003, 10:19:24 am
Ange's buttock - is the some new eliminate i need to know about? Can someone show me the moves?

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#3 -10
June 05, 2003, 10:22:37 am
It's a new eliminate for short-arses where you have to stretch so hard you audibly rip your buttocks - go girl  :!:  :P

Someone fell out of Tom's once and ended up all the way at the bottom of the cliff - poor spotting or what?

dave

#4 -10
June 05, 2003, 10:27:02 am
Quote from: "Bubba"
Someone fell out of Tom's once and ended up all the way at the bottom of the cliff - poor spotting or what?

[jerry]"..and then he walks over, and soloes Bubbles!"[/jerry]

fatboySlimfast

• forum hero
#5 -10
June 05, 2003, 10:47:33 am
Right then lads minus ten..........well im not going to defend it BUT it does have a certain charm all of its own, do you not think.
Dave JA is actually easier now than it used to be, the left hand side of the minging pocket was actually shitter back in the day. Left hand pocket right hand CRap pinch feet anywhere up to break, Desperate and no I have not done it.
Georges wall dyno is anything if u ask me, break is the most logical hold to go for.
Yes mostly natural polish but certain holds character have been fucked by the use of resin, the handhold on Pinch/zippys sidepull etc that three finger sloper is a case in point. The whole of stoney was polished up in the 70's cos there were no walls and it stiad driest in the rain and u could set top ropes up easily for training. My first visit in 1986 left me astounded that anything could be that polished, think its something to to with the rock type!
Didnt dave thomas go down that gully in toms when he was walking down and got his foot stuck in the tree root haalf way down and went sailing down the remainder, I almost fell out once with half my body over the edge and stones tinkling down the gully

dave

#6 -10
June 05, 2003, 10:53:36 am
Nice one brutha.

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#7 -10
June 05, 2003, 10:57:15 am
Quote from: "fatboySlimfast"
Didnt dave thomas go down that gully in toms when he was walking down and got his foot stuck in the tree root haalf way down and went sailing down the remainder, I almost fell out once with half my body over the edge and stones tinkling down the gully

He did as well !!  Has everyone done the obligatory mini-caving expedition through windy buttress with a box of matches?

fatboySlimfast

• forum hero
#8 -10
June 05, 2003, 11:00:37 am
Has everyone done the obligatory mini-caving expedition through windy buttress with a box of matches?

No cos i used to shit in there

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#9 -10
June 05, 2003, 11:04:10 am
You're a disgrace  :D

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal