UKBouldering.com

Metolius grip saver (Read 2404 times)

Simon S

• menacing presence
Metolius grip saver
November 01, 2006, 09:12:06 am
I was wondering if anyone had used one of the metolius grip savers to rehab an injury or as a preventative measure. Are they any good?
I'm guessing it could well be the sort of thing that gets used a couple of times then lost in the back of a drawer!

Dr T

• forum hero
#1 Re: Metolius grip saver
November 01, 2006, 12:29:09 pm
they are good but the rubber bits round the fingers have a tendency to snap which renders them no better than any other squeeze ball...
still use the ball for warming up though...

Simon S

• menacing presence
#2 Re: Metolius grip saver
November 01, 2006, 04:02:34 pm
The snapping components does seem to be a problem with them. Thankfully I have fairly small/ narrow fingers, so that may help.

Paz

• junky
#3 Re: Metolius grip saver
November 01, 2006, 08:30:42 pm
I used a friends one for my achey wrists.  I wouldn't by one but I wouldn't take it back if I got one for Christmas.  I found I could produce the same pump on the back of my wrist with the same pain reduction benefit using a simple elastic band or a bike inner tube contraption.  You just need resistance to extending your grip, then stretch your hand/ bend your wrist back. 

If you're weak like me then you can still get the same pump without using any resistance at all.  It doesn't hurt any more so on of these the cheapo options probably cured it, but it could also be down to not climbing indoors.

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#4 Re: Metolius grip saver
November 02, 2006, 08:41:28 am
You just need resistance to extending your grip, then stretch your hand/ bend your wrist back. 

The charity rubber wrist bands that are rather prevalent these days are ideal for this.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal