UKBouldering.com

One for old punk fans (Read 3317 times)

fatboySlimfast

• forum hero
One for old punk fans
October 31, 2006, 04:41:09 pm
just come across this little thing from my youth

for those who dont know the lead singer Mark Mob had dreads(1981/2 i think) hence one Ben Moons reason for having them. Little bit of trivia also that a few problems by Ben and Quent were named after songs from the Crass label, flux of pink indians, let the tribe increase(mobs only album) etc.
Just listened to the above track and no wonder I spent most of my teens in a bad sullen mood

Houdini

• forum hero
  • Heil Mary
#1 Re: One for old punk fans
October 31, 2006, 05:19:53 pm
Not heard that but suspect it to be fine.  Crass and Flux of Pink Indians were phenomenal bands in their time and I've a lot of respect for any group willing to embrace such an anti-social and often downright ugly sound right from the off and maintain it throughout the duration of their recording and performance careers.  Crass and Flux changed my life. 

Pantontino

• forum hero
    • www.northwalesbouldering.com
#2 Re: One for old punk fans
October 31, 2006, 10:49:17 pm
I've quite a few Crass records gathering dust in the cupboard, I think I've even got a Conflict album too!

What an admirably fearless band they were.

I read a review in the New Statesman last month of a Crass book that's just come out. Sounds interesting:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Crass-Biography-George-Berger/dp/184609402X

webbo

• forum hero
#3 Re: One for old punk fans
November 01, 2006, 08:22:43 am
i remember that cover but have no idea whether i've listened to it.
with regard to crass i remember reading a story  about how they conned a briddal/wedding mag into to giving away one of their records with the mag by convincing them it was a love album. :jaw:

Houdini

• forum hero
  • Heil Mary
#4 Re: One for old punk fans
November 01, 2006, 11:00:31 am
Here it is:

Read more here

webbo

• forum hero
#5 Re: One for old punk fans
November 01, 2006, 01:25:07 pm
yep that was it.
creative recording and sound services=crass wot jolly little anarchists they were.

Houdini

• forum hero
  • Heil Mary
#6 Re: One for old punk fans
November 01, 2006, 06:37:32 pm
While surfing for Crass related stuff this morning I was saddened to hear that founder of Southern Studios and hugely talented and respected recording engineer John Loder died in August 05.

Check out your underground record collection, chances are it won't take long before you spy Loder in the recording credits.

He was a man of impeccable credentials and taste, and a real maverick in a world asswads and greed-heads.

Guardian Obit from last year by Penny Rimbaud (Crass founding member).

RIP Mr. Loder, you blew my stack many a time.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal