the shizzle > chuffing

Peak Bolt Fund discusion/suggestions

(1/15) > >>

Bonjoy:
To keep the donation link at the top of the page I have locked the donation thread and started this one for discussion and suggestions.

Stu Littlefair:
First of all you deserve a hearty slap on the back and an extra year's grace on all your projects for this Bonjoy. Effort.  :great:

Secondly, why don't we have a sticky thread in the chuffing forum where people can recommend routes or crags which need a good seeing to?

Bonjoy:
In an anchor placement training course all today (as luck would have it). But will sort such a thing out when I get a min.

corniceman:
Bonjoy

I havent rad all links and associated threads to this but long overdue. I am more than happy to help out with re equipping and I guess the two cornices's would be a good starting place. Due to steepness particularly of WCJ where I have had nightmares re equiping or bolting routes before with out a bit of help (particularly bolts below top roof, would it be worth organising small teams to focus on a particular crag and get them each done in a day or so. I dont really have a decent enough drill (usually borrow keith S's) so a team approach would really help.Also in chopping off old rust etc

Simon

Bonjoy:
Cheers Simon,

Thanks to the generosity of Neil Foster we have a really good drill with a spare battery, plus i've got a tatty old drill, so i'm sure once we've got enough cash together to buy the fixing then we would be well set to turn up as a small team and blitz the cornices.
 If you PM your email address I'll get in touch when things are in place.
 Ideally we could do with bringing down a generator and a small grinder for mass removal of old bolts, as this can be more time consuming than placing the new ones usually. Might be worth looking into getting the greenlight from the relevant bodies for this. I'll try and get in touch with Kristian and find out who his contact was when he did that tree clearance at the cheedale cornice.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version