the shizzle > chuffing

Peak Bolt Fund discusion/suggestions

<< < (15/15)

bigironhorse:
Not sure if this is the right place but just thought I would post that the lower off for Jive Turkey/Bullet the Blue Sky isn't great. Currently there is a peg and two old bolts, hangers look okay but the bolts themselves seemed pretty rusty.

lurcher:

--- Quote from: kc on May 10, 2016, 09:01:30 pm ---Apparently there is now a lower off on whitebait and possibly one on Piranha to follow using kit I have supplied from the PBF.

Whitebait has been retro-bolted, rather than just new lower off. There is a new double bolt lower off at the top of the crag and a double bolt lower off above the bulge. In addition there is a new bolt next to the peg  (which is also new I think).

Bolt at the flake of Piranha , anyone??   

--- End quote ---

lurcher:
Whitebait has been retro-bolted, rather than just new lower off. There is a new double bolt lower off at the top of the crag and a double bolt lower off above the bulge. In addition there is a new bolt next to the peg  (which is also new I think).

Bolt at the flake of Piranha , anyone??   

sorry , just meant to copy bit of kc's post

Will Hunt:
This is a suggestion for cleaning/stabilisation as opposed to re-equipping. On The Road at Lorry Park Quarry is a masterpiece of a route in a rancid location. It seems to be getting loads of traffic since the new guide came out:
https://www.ukclimbing.com/logbook/c.php?i=22912

There is a big block near the top (on the right wall of the corner, near the lower off) which looks a bit perilous and you end up pulling on it quite a bit. It might be quite stable, but it looks like it might deteriorate in a few years time. The line of the rope is directly under the block and I suspect it would quite happily chop the leader's rope if/when it does go. Would this be a candidate for some crowbarring (you'd have to hope there were could holds behind) or slapping a load of glue down the back of it?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version