UKBouldering.com

Boulderers Edinburgh (Read 4297 times)

Grimsay

Boulderers Edinburgh
October 09, 2006, 01:59:52 pm
Hey

I've recently moved to Edinburgh and I'm desperate to get out bouldering but don't have my own transport. Are there any boulderers around Edinburgh that get out at the weekends and that may have a spare seat going? I have my own matt to if it could fit, and I'd be happy to help out with petrol costs.

Cheers,

Iain.

8A

#1 Re: Boulderers Edinburgh
October 09, 2006, 04:20:08 pm
Sorry, can't help.

Maybe you can help me tho  :whistle: ... I was wondering where the bouldering is near Edinburgh. I am also moving to the region soon and would be keen for any info on  climbing in the area, as I know sod all about it...

Cheers

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#2 Re: Boulderers Edinburgh
October 09, 2006, 04:22:28 pm
Email Hendo, he lives there now and knows bits and bobs. Not a lot to be honest, Northumberland seems like your best bet.

Sloper

• forum hero
  • fat and weak but with good footwork.
#3 Re: Boulderers Edinburgh
October 11, 2006, 10:35:53 pm
The far end of salibury crags have some bouldering, about 15 minutes walk from the grassmarket, but it's fairly shite

kroeger

#4 Re: Boulderers Edinburgh
October 16, 2006, 10:45:14 pm
cant help with the outdoor stuff as me and my mate have only been bouldering for a few months and lack mats as well as transport but we climb about twice a week at alien rock 2.

If there is anyone palnning a road trip in the area though who doesnt mind a couple of relative beginners along for the ride we'd happily chip in on petrol too.

andy_e

• forum hero
#5 Re: Boulderers Edinburgh
October 17, 2006, 12:58:38 am
I know someone from Edinburgh, she says the best bet is northumberland or alien rock.

dom

• addict
#6 Re: Boulderers Edinburgh
October 17, 2006, 11:49:50 pm
if you've got no transport, salisbury crags are your best bet, and fairly central.  For a day trip you can get to dumbarton by public transport.  take the tain to glasgow, then jump on another train from queens street to dumbarton west, then just walk towards the big rock, its that easy.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal