UKBouldering.com

Tit For Tat (Crag x) (Read 1731 times)

(woz)

• forum abuser
Tit For Tat (Crag x)
October 09, 2006, 01:08:52 pm
Ok, this is probably going to be the last peak limestone pedantry of the season so bear with me:
After extensive research (http://ukbouldering.com/board/index.php/topic,1060.0.html) I came to the conclusion that Tit for tat is 7b+ with the mono, and originally 8a without (concencus now seems to be soft 7c+). Having done both I was feeling rather smug until I was informed that matching the slopers was the cop-out version, and that real men/women just use the left hand sloper, and slap straight through to the slot.
can anyone confirm/deny/clear this up? I'm taking my traditional peak lime apprenticeship very seriously so no bullshitting.

dave

#1 Re: Tit For Tat (Crag x)
October 09, 2006, 10:15:46 pm
I ain't got a fucking clue about any of that shit you want to know. however what I do know is that thread really is an all-time UKB classic. Brings a tear to my jap's eye to read it again. I think it serves as a benchmark that all good threads should aspire to. And also it stopped before it got crap, a bit like Fawlty Towers. Thanks for reminding me of it. :great:

james

• obsessive maniac
#2 Re: Tit For Tat (Crag x)
October 10, 2006, 01:57:57 am
Can confirm, that to the extent of my knowlege, only women match the sloper and to be considered a real men you do indeed have to go all the way to the slot with your right.  Obviously, with no undies on, so the size of your third leg can be accuratly assesed!  Sorry, but they are the rules, and that is just that.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal