UKBouldering.com

Lakes this weekend 23/24th Sep. (Read 7965 times)

unclesomebody

• forum hero
  • 1-5-NEIN!
  • more business, less party.
Lakes this weekend 23/24th Sep.
September 18, 2006, 03:28:14 pm
thinking of heading up to the lakes this weekend for a burn at the bowderstone and woodwell. If anyone is thinking the same let me know... be good to climb with some other people for a change.

I think dense is coming along... he was mumbling something about self destructing...

unclesomebody

• forum hero
  • 1-5-NEIN!
#1 Re: Lakes this weekend 23/24th Sep.
September 25, 2006, 08:17:52 am
UPDATE: this little foray to the lakes failed so hard... but it's on again for this weekend! I'm going to go this weekend, alone or accompanied. All our welcome... don't be too up your own arse to post saying "i'd love to come and climb with a variety of climbers from a variety of places and of various abilities". I am up my own arse enough to say that weak climbers will be ridiculed by those operating at higher levels. It's the natural order I'm afraid...  ;D

come one and all... Bowderstone, Woodwell, etc. Sat 30th September

Johnny Brown

• forum hero
#2 Re: Lakes this weekend 23/24th Sep.
September 25, 2006, 08:27:36 am
I'd rather shovel shit.

unclesomebody

• forum hero
  • 1-5-NEIN!
#3 Re: Lakes this weekend 23/24th Sep.
September 25, 2006, 11:35:07 am
Maybe post that up JB. Perhaps there are others who would love to come and shovel your shit with you. In fact, I'm sure there are...

Monolith

• forum hero
  • Straight outta Cronton.
#4 Re: Lakes this weekend 23/24th Sep.
September 25, 2006, 12:03:19 pm
I'm definitely game this time round. Will drop you a bell this eve.

Mike Tyson

• forum hero
#5 Re: Lakes this weekend 23/24th Sep.
September 25, 2006, 12:37:51 pm
Good news old bean.

I dashed to the cobble, with all my might, only to find...... no-one was there!!

Still I'm off this weekend, may join you at Woodwell as I aint been yet.

Moose, I think I may have seen you as you walked back to your car. I was in a black corsa dude.

moose

• forum hero
  • Lankenstein's Monster
  • el flaco lento
#6 Re: Lakes this weekend 23/24th Sep.
September 25, 2006, 05:40:11 pm
If it was 6.15ish and I was in / near a blue Nissan Micra it will have been me (sorry, didn't see your Corsa... wrapped up in a private world of pain).  I met someone who knew you whilst I was there - a young fella with short hair and his trad-climbing girlfriend.  I think he's a lurker on these boards... hello there! Sorry I can't remember your name - but it was nice talking to you.

I may be up for another session of prolonged failure next saturday so could see you then.  My plans depend on my recovery from injuries sustained repeatedly helicoptering from the notched jug of Picnic.  Currently, a knacked foot and hip mean I can barely walk, and I managed to drive my elbow into my ribs so that it hurts when I... do anything really!  Ahhhh... she's a cruel mistress that Bowderstone... but I'll master her yet!   

Mike Tyson

• forum hero
#7 Re: Lakes this weekend 23/24th Sep.
September 25, 2006, 06:33:07 pm
Yep that must have been you I saw chap.

The young fellow is called Dylan, sound guy and lurks on here.... Climbalive marra  ;) He's a strang young man.

Unlucky with the injuries, she is a relentless beast thats for sure.

May well see you at the weekend then, I've got Friday, Saturday and Sunday off!!!! Get in!!!

account_inactive

• forum hero
#8 Re: Lakes this weekend 23/24th Sep.
September 26, 2006, 10:03:29 am
I'm not young or have a Trad climbing girlfriend...................

Red is a beast though  ;D

a dense loner

• forum hero
#9 Re: Lakes this weekend 23/24th Sep.
September 27, 2006, 09:18:38 am
1)red is not a name
2)am keen this wknd, had things to do last one
3)is there a poker tournament in southport sat night?

will pm you golt, will ring you uncle, everyone else get to fuck ;)

climbalive

• regular
#10 Re: Lakes this weekend 23/24th Sep.
September 29, 2006, 04:51:59 pm
hey moose im tht guy wid da "trad climbing girlfriend" she dont actually do much an aint ma girlfriend tho, dont matta bowt not memberin ma name lol nice talkin 2 u 2 c ya agen sumtime not as strang as golt meks me out 2 be tho

tc

• junky
#11 Re: Lakes this weekend 23/24th Sep.
September 29, 2006, 05:33:08 pm
hey moose im tht guy wid da "trad climbing girlfriend" she dont actually do much an aint ma girlfriend tho, dont matta bowt not memberin ma name lol nice talkin 2 u 2 c ya agen sumtime not as strang as golt meks me out 2 be tho

theres some thing in us it dont have no name...it aint us but yet its in us. Its looking out thru our eye hoals.
--Riddley Walker

Any relation?

moose

• forum hero
  • Lankenstein's Monster
  • el flaco lento
#12 Re: Lakes this weekend 23/24th Sep.
September 29, 2006, 06:03:08 pm

Hi there, sorry regarding the girl-friend mistake; I still feel I am correct in thinking you are nice people though!  Though I do admit to feeling initially a little perturbed when you sauntered up alongside, deposited your carrier-bag of lager and crisps, and promptly started campusing up and down t'Stone!   I disagree about your strength too: it's a complete mystery to me how anyone who can dispatch Picnic up to the side-pull in such style cannot finish it!

I hope for another Bowder-thon tomorrow (sat 30th); just providing I can inject some enthusiasm for the drive into my still battered, torn, and bruised frame (a big bowl of porridge should suffice).  See you there, or will you all be at Woodwell?  Anyhow, I'll be the weak one, who looks like me.....

Mike Tyson

• forum hero
#13 Re: Lakes this weekend 23/24th Sep.
September 29, 2006, 08:41:42 pm
Hey Moose.

Glad your making the trip back over. There's gonna be quite a team of UKBer's there tommorrow by all accounts.

Dylan has 100's of girlfriends/bitches/ho's, so don't worry about your mistake. He is strang for a yoof though eh?

What time you gonna arrive do you reckon? I'm heading through around 10.30am

Porridge is always good........

FLETCHER!!!!!!

climbalive

• regular
#14 Re: Lakes this weekend 23/24th Sep.
October 01, 2006, 08:46:46 pm
cheeky c**t i dont av any girlfriends at da mo, a dint go anywer yesterda gd day 4 it tho ope u enjoyed ursells at da styan ope 2 c ya soon

james

• obsessive maniac
#15 Re: Lakes this weekend 23/24th Sep.
October 02, 2006, 08:12:01 pm
Hello climbalive,
welcome back to ukb
http://ukbouldering.com/board/index.php/topic,5721.0.html

thanks

Mike Tyson

• forum hero
#16 Re: Lakes this weekend 23/24th Sep.
October 02, 2006, 09:59:38 pm
What happened to the Lakes onslaught folks????

I guess you must have gone to Woodwell, I was at the cobble from 12 til about 4ish. Moose and Greg C were present, was good crack!! Some strong dude from near Edinburgh down for the day as well, total commitment to the bouldering world.

Anyhow I'm down on that grit stuff this weekend, will catch up with you's then.  ;D

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal