UKBouldering.com

'Caution Site Entrance' (Read 2779 times)

underground

• forum hero
'Caution Site Entrance'
September 13, 2006, 07:38:17 pm
With regard to the above road sign - white letters on a red rectangle - does anyone know the legal jurisdiction? Just that some c*nt has nailed one the wall next to an access drive on our road, but then come out effing and blinding at the missus to move when she was parked just beyond, yet not obstructing said driveway. No lines, signs, etc. else, until now.  >:(

Houdini

• forum hero
  • Heil Mary
#1 Re: 'Caution Site Entrance'
September 14, 2006, 06:57:34 am
Of the top of my head, I'd say this guys pulling your bell.  Fuck him.

fatboySlimfast

• forum hero
#2 Re: 'Caution Site Entrance'
September 14, 2006, 09:43:56 am
You have some fun down your way eh, Derbyshire car war!
As far as I know if your not blocking drive then theres fuck all they can do.Is it a legal right of way? Interestingly on our road and Cobnar most of the drive entrances are NOT legal access points, just cos youve got a hard standing doesnt mean your legally able to drive over pavement to get to it! Ours included have all been done by private contractors for the resident and are technically done without planning permission. Only Tonys(UG knows who Im on about) garage has a legal right of way with white lines painted on road

bigphil

• menacing presence
#3 Re: 'Caution Site Entrance'
September 14, 2006, 12:33:22 pm
Tell the cnut that the clue is in the sign.  Its a warning about a site entrance not a sign saying 'Site Entrance - Keep Clear'

underground

• forum hero
#4 Re: 'Caution Site Entrance'
September 14, 2006, 12:48:40 pm
Cheers chaps, as I expected really. I just didn't want to launch a vendetta and then end up red faced.
There's a strong case for Eugenics up our street.

soapy

• junky
    • maskon
#5 Re: 'Caution Site Entrance'
September 14, 2006, 01:11:33 pm
question: would said in-bred have come out and shot his mouth off to you??

probably not, just a bully hoping to intimidate someone

underground

• forum hero
#6 Re: 'Caution Site Entrance'
September 14, 2006, 01:14:38 pm
I wouldn't be so sure of that Soaps! Just had an update- now they've put 3 police cones roped together out, effectively blocking 3 car lengths of parking. Guess where the cars will be parking now????

Houdini

• forum hero
  • Heil Mary
#7 Re: 'Caution Site Entrance'
September 14, 2006, 01:22:41 pm
Steal them in the night, underground.

soapy

• junky
    • maskon
#8 Re: 'Caution Site Entrance'
September 14, 2006, 01:28:58 pm
is there construction imminent then?

cones roped together mean jack-shit, unless there's a copper putting them out

on the other hand, if the contrcator deposits a tipper of ballast on your car..

underground

• forum hero
#9 Re: 'Caution Site Entrance'
September 15, 2006, 04:38:58 pm
Nah, just the usual 'I'm alright jack' type of ignorance I've come to expect from society as a whole these days.

Sloper

• forum hero
  • fat and weak but with good footwork.
#10 Re: 'Caution Site Entrance'
September 18, 2006, 06:35:52 pm
Plaqnning and traffic not  my bag, but the police will only be able to close a road (limit parking etc) in certain circumstances (operational priority etc) and as private individuals we have to obtain the appropriate notice from the council.

I think that if you obtain a private road notice from the council you have to display the notice and or give notice viz the notice.

But before you approach the council I'd avise you to seek counsel.

Roger Roger, what's the vector victor etc

Tb

• Derby Arboretum Boulder
#11 Re: 'Caution Site Entrance'
September 18, 2006, 09:58:56 pm
If this sign is on the public highway, sounds like an illegal sign to me. If its for temporary works it should look like this http://www.opsi.gov.uk/si/si2002/023113ic.gif 
If he's just trying to reserve a bit of the public highway for himself, get onto your local Council.  But be careful I had someone on the phone today who'd had paint stripper poured over their car during the night as someone took exception to them parking on 'their road'

underground

• forum hero
#12 Re: 'Caution Site Entrance'
September 18, 2006, 10:28:10 pm
If this sign is on the public highway, sounds like an illegal sign to me. If its for temporary works it should look like this http://www.opsi.gov.uk/si/si2002/023113ic.gif 
If he's just trying to reserve a bit of the public highway for himself, get onto your local Council.  But be careful I had someone on the phone today who'd had paint stripper poured over their car during the night as someone took exception to them parking on 'their road'

Well, thankfully it's back to the noise pollution from the local dance school (out of the fire exit propped open by a chair - and they had the cheek to tell me I musn't come up the fire escape to ask for it to be turned down, in spite of the fact that at 9pm I could hear it in every room of the house, above the telly, and had to keep the window of the baby's room shut in July).

The sign's gone. But, thanks for the tip - it wasn't one of those signs, and I reckon it was definitely someone trying to illegally prevent parking on what must be one of the worst roads for parking locally. Unfortunately I know all too well to tread carefully. I had the audacity to turn right in front of someone a while ago, in a 5mph car park, a couple of hundred metres away. I thnik the fact that I hadn't seen their speedo reading 40 was enough to get me a death threat and an attempt to smash the window and demand that I exit my vehicle for said administration of death. Oh, and they called me a fucking wanker.

Basically it's a microcosm of modern day UK society as a whole. A bunch of cunts playing a cunt's trick

I don't believe it! (bubba had the cheek to call me a grumpy old man the other day. Can't think why  :o >:( :alky:)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal