UKBouldering.com

Anyone seen any good films lately - Part the second (Read 1139590 times)

galpinos

• forum hero
We though it translated directly to "Me, Myself and I", can anyone with better french confirm? And also, how the hell do they get to that from Despicable Me??

I'd say it's more Me, Bad and Naughty

Moche means ugly but when about people it can mean bad. Mechant strictly means nasty but used about kids it means naughty so i went with that (as it's a kids film).

Bad and Naughty Me doesn't seem that far from Despicable Me?

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
I guess not, makes sense thanks.

(also highlights how terrible my french is).

rich d

• forum hero
Saw Bad and Naughty Me (the english version) with the kids. Loads of minion action so was pretty funny for a kids film.

Grubes

• forum hero
  • Fat and Weak
I saw monsters uni the other week it was very good. As usual with this type of film some nice adult humour mixed in with the kids stuff
« Last Edit: July 23, 2013, 11:25:32 am by Grubes »

SA Chris

• forum hero
Saw Bad and Naughty Me (the english version) with the kids. Loads of minion action so was pretty funny for a kids film.

Part the Second? I've only seen and liked the first, but heard second is good too.

magpie

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
I watched The perks of being a Wallflower the other night, I loved it although I also found it a bit traumatic, it brought out my inner teen angst.  :'(

Grubes

• forum hero
  • Fat and Weak

rich d

• forum hero
SA Chris:

--- Quote from: rich d on Today at 10:17:39 ---Saw Bad and Naughty Me (the english version) with the kids. Loads of minion action so was pretty funny for a kids film.

--- End quote ---

Part the Second? I've only seen and liked the first, but heard second is good too.

Yep part the second, thought it was funnier than the first, more importantly the girls did too, they were in hysterics for large parts of it - got to say the set piece songs were some of the funniest things I've seen in the cinema for a while

Grubes

• forum hero
  • Fat and Weak
I saw the worlds end last night. Enjoyed it but not worth running out to the cinema for. Its good DVD option.
Lots of in jokes from the other simon pegg films. There were lots thinks that made me laugh loudly in the cinema but its not shawn of the dead or hot fuzz. Its a worthwhile film on a par with paul.

Grubes

• forum hero
  • Fat and Weak
I saw Kick Ass 2 last night.
Anyone who has read the comic book thread knows I am a huge fan of the kick ass series. So possibly rose tinted glasses but I loved it.
I was a bit worried they would ruin the book. Its sick, twisted and disturbed, I can confirm the the film is all these things. Its really funny some times in quite a twisted way.
The film did not drag either it constantly moved and the storyline flowed really well.

If you want to laugh at people in bad costumes fighting and a drug lord get his dick bitten off plus a lot more. See this film.

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
The Angels Share funny & good film from Ken Loach (streaming on LoveFilm at the moment).

tomtom

• forum hero
Saw Elysium a week or so ago.

I liked it. Judging by twitter Plattsy thought it so so, and Fatneck liked it as well.

Its not life changing, but its pretty good.

PRAWNS.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
The Angels Share funny & good film from Ken Loach (streaming on LoveFilm at the moment).

:agree:

Yeah I think I mentioned this earlier in the thread. It's decent.

Wood FT

• forum hero
Dont know if it's been previously mentioned but 'End of Watch' is worth a punt. Two LAPD cops get into some gang related bother, mostly shot from a 1st person perspective without feeling claustrophobic and seemed refereshingly realistic (well, apart from the plot).

Saw Elysium a week or so ago.

psyched for that, district 9 was both a visual treat and a good mind mangle

PRAWNS.

fookin proons

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut
Elysium is good, strong style, slickly done, good atmosphere, good action.

Not as memorable as District 9 though, and it misses the obvious opportunities to delve further into both Elysium society and characters, and the larger scale of what Earth is now like, instead the singular character focus gets a bit longwinded. But still good.

magpie

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
Dont know if it's been previously mentioned but 'End of Watch' is worth a punt. Two LAPD cops get into some gang related bother, mostly shot from a 1st person perspective without feeling claustrophobic and seemed refereshingly realistic (well, apart from the plot).

I think I might have posted about it a while back, I thought it was brilliant, really enjoyed it.

SA Chris

• forum hero

:agree:

Yeah I think I mentioned this earlier in the thread. It's decent.

Good film, and at least I know now what the route name refers to!

Finally got round to watching the Search for Sugarman last night, amazing documentary, especially as I was one of those who grew up  listening to Rodriguez and sharing in the wonder of who this guy was.

mark s

• junky
Last night I saw rush.brilliant film ,niki laudi came across really good at the end.worth watching,in the cinema it sounded like you were in the exhaust.

Clart

• obsessive maniac
  • Safe as f*ck

Got round to watching this, really enjoyed it. The opening scene at the train station with the tannoy is classic.

Obi-Wan is lost...

• forum hero
Watched Oblivion the other night, beautifully made. Amazing story behind the set and lighting, clever sci-fi. Even if Mr Cruise normally annoys the hell out of you it's still worth a look. However recommendations:

- DO NOT watch the trailer, most of the plot twists are given away.
- DO NOT even start to pick holes in the plot. Don't even go there.  ;D

If you take it at face value as lovely to look at, sci-fi escapism it's great fun.

Moo

• forum hero
  • Is an idiot
Went to see 'in a world' the other night with miss moo it's a perfect date night movie.

psychomansam

• forum hero
+1 for "in a world"

just not got the voice dammit

magpie

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
Watched Oblivion the other night, beautifully made. Amazing story behind the set and lighting, clever sci-fi. Even if Mr Cruise normally annoys the hell out of you it's still worth a look. However recommendations:

- DO NOT watch the trailer, most of the plot twists are given away.
- DO NOT even start to pick holes in the plot. Don't even go there.  ;D

If you take it at face value as lovely to look at, sci-fi escapism it's great fun.
I thought it was utter gash. :lol:

whealiebob

• regular
Definitely not as bad as After Earth though!

Anyone watched World War Z? I didn't hate it as much as I thought I would although the 'solution' at the end was  :shit:

Mike Tyson

• forum hero
Funny enough I have only recently watched The Hurt Locker, I too thought it was very good. Watched Oblivion, enjoyed it but nothing spectacular. Star Trek into Darkness was amazing, really well done. Watched Mud tonight, the young actors were great and overall I liked it.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal