UKBouldering.com

Anyone seen any good films lately - Part the second (Read 1139396 times)

al123

• menacing presence
The Inbetweeners!!!!!!!  :2thumbsup:
the film shoots, it scores, right up the V**......

Footwork

• forum abuser
  • Living With Wads
    • Living With Wads
Yeah the inbetweeners was brilliant! So many good scenes ;D Recently spent 9 hours in a plane on the way back from the states. I had time to watch Fast and the Furious 5 - High class action where you never have to pay attention. great. Your Highness - Surprisingly funny, and Natalie Portman in a thong  :-[

Footwork

• forum abuser
  • Living With Wads
    • Living With Wads
Oh yeah and I watched Thor. It was shit, waste of time. Wouldn't have paid to see it.

Mike Tyson

• forum hero
I watched quite an amusing film called Super the other night. like a kick-ass rip off with a dark ending but overall pretty good. It's a specific type of comedy that won't be everyones taste, so be warned!

Percy B

• forum hero
    • www.climbingworks.com
I will have mentioned One Day Removals before as one to watch. However, I just googled it to send a link to a mate I'd recommended it to recently and I found this. Apparently its one of, if not the most profane film ever made! The scores on the doors are at the end - well over 400 fucks, loads of cunts, but only one wank....impressive stats.

tomtom

• forum hero
Thats great :)

tommytwotone

• forum hero
  • Southern jessie turned Almscliff devotee
I think it's been recommended earlier on but I rented Fire in Babylon off iTunes and it's bloody brilliant.  Documentary telling the story of the West Indies cricket team under Clive Loyd during the eighties. With this and Senna, its a great year for Sports films

Another vote for Fire In Babylon from me, I bought it about a month ago and I've already watched it three times...though I am a cricket geek so this may have something to do with it!

Watched The Adjustment Bureau over the weekend - was OK, a twisty/turny thriller trying to be a bit too clever in my opinion but worth a watch nevertheless.

Some good recommendations here, just reminded me I need to check out Senna and Source Code.

magpie

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
hangover 2-amazing,well funny possibly even better than the first
Really?  I thought it was pretty shit, nowhere near as funny as the first one.

namnok

• forum abuser
  • John May Lives
hangover 2-amazing,well funny possibly even better than the first
Really?  I thought it was pretty shit, nowhere near as funny as the first one.

concur, just like the first one but not as funny in parts.

watched Inbetweeners movie yesterday, just like an extended episode with just as many cringeworthy bits, boring gap filler bits and an ending like it was splurted out thru a disney distribution centre

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux

andybfreeman

• menacing presence
I think it's been recommended earlier on but I rented Fire in Babylon off iTunes and it's bloody brilliant.  Documentary telling the story of the West Indies cricket team under Clive Loyd during the eighties. With this and Senna, its a great year for Sports films

Another vote for Fire In Babylon from me

:agree: Fire in Babylon is superb, had it from Lovefilm last week. Senna is excellent and everyone, not just F1 geeks, should enjoy it (IMHO)

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
I will have mentioned One Day Removals before as one to watch. However, I just googled it to send a link to a mate I'd recommended it to recently and I found this. Apparently its one of, if not the most profane film ever made! The scores on the doors are at the end - well over 400 fucks, loads of cunts, but only one wank....impressive stats.

One of the guys in that film owns a sex shop not far from where I work (never been in though, honest!). He also does stand-up comedy and I can confirm he's a foul mouthed bugger.

Clart

• obsessive maniac
  • Safe as f*ck
Watched The Guard the other night. Very good. Same guy as in In Bruge (Brendon Gleeson) and sort of similar humour as well. Well worth an hour and a half of anyone's time:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1540133/

jmews

• regular
Saw Leaves of Grass recently. Edward Norton playing two very different twin brothers. I enjoyed it, but not entirely sure why. I think I would definitely recommend it, though.

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut
TROLL!!!!

The Troll Hunter
Very cool, well done in a Troll Witch Project style, comedy funny in places, made all the better by how completely straight and dead pan it's played, especially the main character. Okay there's some plot holes and the trolls could have been scarier, but does exactly what it says on the tin. Oh, I did find the constant rain a bit depressing though, too much like Scottish climbing trips!

tomtom

• forum hero
Just back from 'Tinker tailor soldier spy'. In a word Sublime.

Made like an old school film, great actors, story, screenplay, cinematography.. Non fancy cgi or MTV sound track. Don't take any noisy sweets though :)

mark s

• junky
Can't deciede if its overall good but for sheer crazyness machette is worth watching.

tomtom

• forum hero

Made like an old school film, great actors, story, screenplay, cinematography.. Non fancy cgi or MTV sound track. Don't take any noisy sweets though :)

Me and mrsTT have been talking about the film all day today.. it was really really good.. still salivating over some of the camerawork... one c.5 min single take/shot scene filmed on a super long lens really sticks in the mind.. Just outstanding.

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero

Hope to catch Tinker Tailor.. soon. I've been slowly working my way through all LeCarre's audiobooks whilst out driving.

If you're interested, the original film is all watchable on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLC95824BF4DD2A8C4

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
Almodovar's The Skin I'm In is superb.  A macabre suspense thriller, I was gripped throughout.  Amazing cinematography and attention to detail.  5 stars from me.

Can't wait to see TTSP.

Clart

• obsessive maniac
  • Safe as f*ck

Really looking forward to watching this.

Did you catch Page 8 with Bill Nighy? Was on iplayer for a while. Worth seeking out, it's sort of a TV film, but great spy type action.

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
Finally got round to watching 4 Lions from when it was on C4 recently. A lot darker than I expected, but excellent and very funny.

yorkshireman

• obsessive maniac
  • dont knock the rock if you're shaky at the grade
my recent dvd watching spell.

limitless-not going to win any oscars but perfectly watchable
attack the block-absolute rubbish imho
unknown-not a patch on taken and not a film i would watch a second time
no strings attached-watchable

chris20

• menacing presence

Really looking forward to watching this.

Did you catch Page 8 with Bill Nighy? Was on iplayer for a while. Worth seeking out, it's sort of a TV film, but great spy type action.

Yeah I caught Page 8 and thought it was very good.  Similar to the original Tinker tailor soldier spy in that it isn't fast pace action but great viewing.  Also made even more watchable by the beautiful Rachel Weisz.

Did anyone watch or have seen City of men? Was on the bbc last night but I'm planning on watching it on the iplayer

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
Yeah I caught Page 8 and thought it was very good.  Similar to the original Tinker tailor soldier spy in that it isn't fast pace action but great viewing.  Also made even more watchable by the beautiful Rachel Weisz.

+1

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal