UKBouldering.com

Anyone seen any good films lately - Part the second (Read 1139205 times)

robertostallioni

• forum hero
Night at the Museum II was out. The passion of the Christ was actually alright........bit of a shit story though.

Houdini

• forum hero
  • Heil Mary
http://www.bigriverman.com/

In February 2007 Martin Strel began an insane attempt to be the first person to swim the entire length of the world's most dangerous river, the mighty Amazon. Martin is an endurance swimmer from Slovenia, who swims rivers - the Mississippi, the Danube and the Yangtze to date - to highlight their pollution to the world. Martin is also a rather overweight, horseburger loving Slovenian in his fifties who drinks two bottles of red wine a day... even when swimming.

tomtom

• forum hero
Saw Robin Hood on thursday night.  :yawn:

It was OK, but dragged a bit, and had levels of character development reminiscent of the Star Wars prequals. Probably OK on DVD though a bit long...

magpie

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
How good is Kick Ass?!  :bow:

Not really what I was expecting AT ALL but still excellent, loved the soundtrack too.  :thumbsup:

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
Paranormal Activity - Yawn, not scary in the slightest, was wishing for both of them to die within minutes.  Worse than Blair Witch and that was utter shite. 

The Men Who Stare at Goats - Rubbish & really boring.

Broken Embraces - Superb, brilliant, compelling filmmaking from Pedro Aldomovar and I love Penelope Cruz ( :kiss1:).

The Hurt Locker - Like Jarhead II, didn't do much for me at all.

Tim Broughtonshaw

• obsessive maniac

The Hurt Locker - Like Jarhead II, didn't do much for me at all.

thought it was just me, i was remarkably unimpressed by the hurt locker also.

Cheers
Tim

tomtom

• forum hero
The Men Who Stare at Goats - Rubbish & really boring.

The book was log too.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
Paranormal Activity - Yawn, not scary in the slightest, was wishing for both of them to die within minutes.  Worse than Blair Witch and that was utter shite. 

Glad you warned me off this as was looking at getting it from the library the other day. I also thought Blair Witch was total wank.

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
Ninja Assassin.  Highly entertaining ridiculously over the top bloodthirsty gore fest with tongue firmly in cheek  :thumbsup: Watch in HD if possible.

bigd942

• addict
girl with the dragon tattoo - really good movie, good story, well shot with good actors, see it now before hollywood ruin it for you.

hongkongstuey

• forum hero
    • http://www.hongkongclimbing.com
girl with the dragon tattoo - really good movie, good story, well shot with good actors, see it now before hollywood ruin it for you.

really good trilogy of books too - shame the author has popped his clogs and won't be producing any more stories....

hairich

• obsessive maniac
we watched mesrine tother night.a 2 dvd french gangster flick set in the 50s to late 70s.came from love film.the wife and i agreed best thing we seen in years

Richie Crouch

• forum hero
  • G Time
The Terry Pratchett 2 parter that was on Sky 1 over last Sunday & Monday - Going Postal was excellent. I think it is due to be released on DVD in short time, so if you are a fan of his books, you will no doubt enjoy this film adaption too  :thumbsup:

magpie

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
I saw Sex and the City 2 last night, just in case any of you were in any doubt at all, you DO NOT want to see this film, ever.

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
I saw Sex and the City 2 last night, just in case any of you were in any doubt at all, you DO NOT want to see this film, ever.

Can I show this to someone who wants me to go see it with them?

I have offered to babysit instead.

magpie

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
You not only can, you should.  You'll hate it Chris, I would have been hideously uncomfortable had I made a man go and watch it, really.  It's OK for girls cause the shoes and clothes are really great and there are odd funny bits in it but really no straight, sensible man should be put through it.  :(

The story is pretty gash, it's really disrespectful in places and about 95% of the characters are hideous.  That's before getting into all the awful stereotypes and assumptions about women.  In hindsight I think it was only the fashion that kept me going for 146 minutes*.  :lol:

*That's 146 minutes of film, after the 40 minutes of adverts and trailers.

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
Mrs FD went lasty night when I was safely a few hundred miles away (phew).

Dr T

• forum hero
watched once were warriors this morning
not exactly an enjoyable viewing but certainly worthwhile

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
watched once were warriors this morning
not exactly an enjoyable viewing but certainly worthwhile

Great film, but as you say not really feel good one.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!

*That's 146 minutes of film, after the 40 minutes of adverts and trailers.

From what I've seen about the outrageous amount of product placement it's more like 186 mins of adverts non?

I'm so glad my Mrs isn't into any of this shit. SATC / Glee / Mama Mia etc all passes me by in a blissfully ignorant haze, punctured only by the odd horrific soundbite on the radio or when I fail to pick up the Sky+ remote quickly enough to fast forward a trailer or song on some music channel (panic!).

To be forced to sit though an entire episode or (God help them) film must be the equivalent of waterboarding to most sane / straight / conscious men. I mean it's not even as if the women are attractive enough to just stare at while trying to block out the inane drivel they're speaking.

Unless you have a thing for horses of course:

http://sarahjessicaparkerlookslikeahorse.com/

remus

• forum hero
http://www.youtube.com/v/uHeQeHstrsc&hl=en_GB&fs=1&

On a more positive note, i found Unthinkable interesting if a little predictable.

Paul B

• forum hero
Really enjoyed watching the Machinist last night (on Film4 will no doubt be on for the next fortnight).

Christian Bale certainly was dedicated to allow himself to get to that level of starvation. He looked horrendous.

Unfortunately I doubt I'll escape SATC2. I'll make sure to take some cheap hayfever tablets that I tend to only favour using before very boring meetings.

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
 :boohoo: the unluckiest man on UKB lives up to his rep.  :)

(are you seriously going to have to go? If so I hope you get a <insert wished for sexual favour> in return!)

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
There I was thinking your luck had changed.
 :'(

Sneak a hip flask of Absynthe overproof rum meths in, vomit all over the cinema aisle and have to be rushed to A&E? Surely a night in the Northern Gen is preferable.

The Machinist is a top film.

psychomansam

• forum hero
The Terry Pratchett 2 parter that was on Sky 1 over last Sunday & Monday - Going Postal was excellent. I think it is due to be released on DVD in short time, so if you are a fan of his books, you will no doubt enjoy this film adaption too  :thumbsup:

Really looking forward to this once i can get hold of it, am reading the books at the mo. The early ones are fairly amusing but can get a bit repetitive, while the later ones are often more like genuinely good writing.

Saw Lebanon yesterday. Prob 10/10 if your job involves being in a tank. Standard relatively traumatic look at war in the middle east, but on an extremely macro level. Dragged a bit in the middle. If you're going to be arty, serious, and avoid humour and hollywood tricks etc, you have to be a bit more engaging than this.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal