UKBouldering.com

Anyone seen any good films lately - Part the second (Read 1139475 times)

BB

• junky
  • Sissy climber
A mate of mine described the trailer for Avatar as "Pocahontas in space" and despite having never seen pocahontas I suspect that's about right.

That's the thought I had. Visually fantastic, but I really do hope they take it easy on the whole thundercats-esque morale of the story shiz.

galpinos

• forum hero
A mate of mine described the trailer for Avatar as "Pocahontas in space" and despite having never seen pocahontas I suspect that's about right.

That's the thought I had. Visually fantastic, but I really do hope they take it easy on the whole thundercats-esque morale of the story shiz.

Maybe it's just me but visually fantastic?! :o It just looks like overdone CGI that makes it look like a computer game. I actually thought is was a trailer for a new computer game when I saw it. The missus and I both simultaniously said, "Well that looks shit".

Thankfully, the film I was there to see was Looking for Eric which was fantastic. The guy who played Eric was really good, as was Cantona. A real feel good film. Also watched Little Miss Sunshine on DVD which was very funny. Class acting.

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut
Yeah that's what I mean Galiponus, I remember reading how they were trying revolutionary new CGI but, well, that CGI just looks like an amazing computer game rather than a realistic portrayal of sci-fi in a film....

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
I agree. Looks like a bag of wank.

EDIT - Just read the synopsis and it also sounds like a bag of wank.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0499549/synopsis

CLICHE ALERT!!!!

Obi-Wan is lost...

• forum hero
Quite entertaining 10 min rant about '2012' from Kermode. Probably more entertaining than the film according to him. Mayo remains expressionless throughout.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/markkermode/#

(Can't seem to embed it)

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
  • "There's no cure for being a c#nt"
I agree. Looks like a bag of wank.

EDIT - Just read the synopsis and it also sounds like a bag of wank.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0499549/synopsis

CLICHE ALERT!!!!

wanky, cliche ridden sci fi........... sounds just up my street  :thumbsup:

BB

• junky
  • Sissy climber
I'm with you lagers! Can't wait.

tomtom

• forum hero

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
I couldn't wait either, so went for a DVD and HD download  :P

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Whut
2012 -

Quite entertaining for a down-to-earth docu-drama  :)

magpie

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
2012 was awesome.   :thumbsup:

Eddies

• forum hero
Zombie Land.... Funniest film since the Hangover!
8.5 out of 10 chainsaws

tomtom

• forum hero
2012 was awesome.   :thumbsup:

Glad someone else liked it! Cheesy but edge of the seat

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Whut
She just liked it because that fucking little pampered rodent dog didn't get squished into a bloody pulp like it surely deserved...

Zombieland someone said?? Well it is zombie season again *goes to look it up*

tomtom

• forum hero
She just liked it because that fucking little pampered rodent dog didn't get squished into a bloody pulp like it surely deserved...

Zombieland someone said?? Well it is zombie season again *goes to look it up*

You just knew the dog wouldn't get it... and that the plastic surgeon & fat russian were for the chop  ;D

BB

• junky
  • Sissy climber
You just knew the dog wouldn't get it... and that the plastic surgeon & fat russian were for the chop  ;D

Shit TomTom. How about a spoiler alert?!  >:(

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
How about a spoiler alert?!  >:(

Yup. Way to go guys.

BenF

• forum hero
Saw the new Coen brothers film "A Serious Man" at the weekend.  It was alright but neither my partner nor I thought it particularly notable.  Some really nice scenes, some neat irony but overall seemed to lack direction and narrative.  Maybe I missed the point but it didn't seem to be doing anything new or especially funny/deep/clever.  It probably didn't help that the hype had led us to expect something outstanding.

galpinos

• forum hero

From the reviews I've heard, if any of the plot surprises you, you're definately not the shapest tool in the box.

I was under the inpression it wasn't possible to give anything away it was so predictable.

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Whut
Yeah cos you watch this sort of film for the convoluted plot, the intriguing story, the indepth characterisations, and the unexpected twists turns and surprise relevations.

Of which there isn't any, at all. It is entirely predictable cliche-by-numbers, with more cheese than the UKB Cheese On Toast thread. But hey, lots of things blow up, fall over, disintegrate, get crushed and swamped in it, which is enough. Actually, you want to complain about spoilers, the trailer spoils all the good bits of the film  >:(

tomtom

• forum hero

From the reviews I've heard, if any of the plot surprises you, you're definately not the shapest tool in the box.

I was under the inpression it wasn't possible to give anything away it was so predictable.

Fiend's right - the sony advert before the film featured one of the action sequences - gits!

Sorry guys but trust me, I've not given ANYTHING remotely major away. This films like a glorified episode of casualty - they introduce all the characters at the beginning and you know one or two of them are going to bite it... There is a fairly large 'swerve' in the plot (you couldnt say it was a twist) towards the last 1/4.... my lips are sealed  :P

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Whut
There was a plot??  :-\

P.S. I will be looking forward to Avatar in a similar state of expectation.

magpie

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
There was a swerve?  I clearly missed that.  :lol:  I could have written it, really, there is nothing given away on this thread that you couldn't tell from about 5 minutes in.

tomtom

• forum hero
There was a swerve?  I clearly missed that.  :lol:  I could have written it, really, there is nothing given away on this thread that you couldn't tell from about 5 minutes in.

I was referring to the bit where they constructed a giant nuclear bomb to explode in the earths core to increase gravity and stop all the problems by glueing the planet back together?  And the Bruce Willis cameo of course ;)    (shhh.. dont tell anyone)

« Last Edit: November 25, 2009, 05:00:10 pm by tomtom »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal